Welcome to the Jets Jeremy Ruckert

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

That’s true and scares me. I remember the beat writers unanimously said Feeney was awful, same with McDermott. Yet, nobody bashed the resignings.

I’m hoping you’re right on the waiver wire. That said, I read the RB we took is a good blocker, thinkall 3 TE’s are too. So that provides some insurance.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Everyone is hardly ever healthy at the same time.

I can’t wait to see what Mims does. He’s the Sr of the rookie WRs and I’m sure he’s not happy with how things are going. He sees those big contracts getting handed out and he knows he has 2 years to prove his worth.

MC and B Hall are probably getting an even split which is better for everyone long term.

TEs notoriously take 2-3 years to develop so he’s not taking time away from our FAs when they’re healthy and he’s going to be ready when the the FAs contracts are done.

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Feeney is a backup C who (I just looked) had his best season of his career with the Jets.

McDermitt as a back up’s back up works for me too.

we got Moses after cut day last year, I’m sure we’ll pick someone up this year too but hopefully this time they barely see the field.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There's not too many 6'5" fullbacks.

I love this pick though. Ruckert is kind of a beast.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I certainly like the Pick...if we can't score points with a revamped and talented offense like this I will turn my attention to Raider and Eagles football

Cautiously optimistic but also ready to really throw in the 50 plus year Towel ..I swear !

Go get a decent LB with the last Pick JD ..then go to work on the UFAs

I hope big brother LaFleur is giving our OC some good advice how to push the Offense to the Top

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Really cool. The lifelong Jets fan from Long Island gets drafted by the Jets.
    And he's also a great prospect.

What a job of completely revamping the TE room. Wow. Quality starters and quality depth. I love the attention to skill players on offense in the draft

7. Early 80's

Early 80's Active Member

We have (2) early picks in the 4th and I think JD will get OL for both of them.
    OT- R. Walker... he could be our swing tackle and a competent fill in for any injury Becton gets. He's an upgrade over any of our current backup OT.
    OG/C/OT- Z. Tom... he could be a backup Guard. He's played OT as well and practiced at Center. Again, he likely would be better than anything we currently have in the backup role.

REVISion and Poeman like this.
  8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mims get cut.

REVISion likes this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Well that’s pretty cool. I’m pretty damn happy with this draft. .

RochesterJet, themorey, K'OB and 5 others like this.
  10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

really good pick. JD turned this room from a weakness to a strength. I really like it for Ruckert because he can take time to develop with less pressure. I bet the Jets see some Kittle in Ruckert. There are some parallels.

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I could see them trading him today. But if we hang onto him thats fine too. Anything he does now is a bonus.

REVISion, WilsonJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  12. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

I may be irrational about this, but I am impressed by the effort he has made during the offseason to get in ridiculously good shape, and it makes me want to give him a chance to see whether he has also been working that hard at learning the playbook. The dude has amazing potential.

I also doubt we'd get much value for him right now given the very poor showing he had last year. So, I'd let him show off as best he can during the pre-season. If he really steps up, that's another great weapon for Zach. If not, maybe he can at least do some things in some preseason games that will increase his trade value.

LAJet and tomdeb like this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm not a "jersey guy" (I have 2 that were gifts... Chrebet and martin, ha) but I may have to get one for this kid :cool:

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What are they going to get for him at this point? Probably better off rolling the dice to see if he really got his shit together

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s great to see a kid get drafted by the team he grew up rooting for. I may have to get one too

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Exactly - this is a great pick, love it.
    This could have a long term impact on the TE position that we haven’t had stability in for years,

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

One tidbit for these worried about him catching the ball. True, he wasn't targeted a lot due to superior WR weapons being there, but when he was - had 39 catches against 1 drop over last two years. I really feel this is a permanent solution at TE for years to come, and there will be meaningful contributions this year as well, though he won't be a starter.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don't see that. I think Mims is motivated as hell to prove he belongs as a starter and will be all out in training camp to demonstrate that. He has gotten in great shape and polishing his routs. Trading him now gives us nothing. I think he will be a good weapon for us with the long season.

dmw and stinkyB like this.
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Only hated the stupid Seton Hall coach calling us the NJ Jets

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member