Can Saleh, LaFleur and Zach Handle the Pressure?.. Joe D did his part

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Douglas has done about everything he could to fill in the blanks and he's done it with guys an argument can be made for of excellence at every position filled. It's time to hold some feet to the fire and demand peak performance this season from everyone.

No more rookie QB, rookie coaching staff and gaping roster holes as excuses. There are going to be injuries, there always are; some may come in the most unfortunate places but that just means everybody else needs to step up. Can ZWil handle it? Can Saleh keep his staff on the right path or make the tough choices to shake things up where they don't? No more waiting 'til next year to fix what's broken.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

As a guy who wakes up regularly at around 4 am every morning I am pretty tired and exhausted. But adrenaline is pumping as well.

Not sure when was the last time I felt this happy about the Jets' future. Joe D has won me over this off season. He made me a believer. So many great moves this offseason and great picks during the draft.

To me this is as much as Joe D could do. Is this now a championship roster? Of course not but this roster shouldn't sign up for another 4-5 win season.

Saleh, time to coach the defense your ass off.
    LaFleur, time to setup your new offensive weapons for success
    Zach, it is now on you to make plays.

None of Saleh, LeFleur and Zach has any excuses left imo.

Time to become relevant again Jets!

SOJAZ, tpjets62, Cman68 and 11 others like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

R,

I merged my thread and yours as we are saying the same thing. I just edited the title a little bit.

Good post.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Same story, one minute apart!

Brook! likes this.
  5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This has gotta be the best draft I can remember in my years as a fan. We'll see if the guys work out but on paper at least.

Zach has less than 0 excuses at this point, we'll ultimately rise or fall alongside him.

I'd also like to see Saleh get more involved in the defense because I still think Ulbrich is a disaster. I feel good about LaFleur - he improved a ton as the season progressed.

tpjets62, NYJFOREVER, Brook! and 5 others like this.
  6. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Like my man Bart Scott said “ Can’t Wait”

Brook! and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It all comes down to Zach. The roster isn't anything special, but for the first time in years, it's respectable. An elite QB could take it deep into the playoffs. With a bad QB, it'll be another losing season. So we'll see what happens.

JetFanInPA, Jets69 and REVISion like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  9. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Man, I agree with everything in here.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I give Ulbrich a mulligan. Sans Maye, our entire starting DBs are now backups.

We brought in 2 pass rusher but neither one played a snap.

If the D is trash this year, we have a problem.

SOJAZ, Brook!, Jojo and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Ulbrich, is my biggest concern at this point. Those guys looked flat out lost many times last year. Of course Zach is a worry, but Lafleur offense is on the right track.
    That defense seemed miles away, and never got better. Alarming.

Snatch Catch, Acad23 and JetFanInPA like this.
  12. KingRoach

Who did Ulbrich have to work with last year? The O had 4 stud starting rookies and the D got 6 day 3 DBs and half were told to change positions.

This year he’s getting 2 starting EDGE and a potential shutdown corner, 2 well regarded FADBs… literally half of the starting D is new this year.

I understand your concern but I don’t think people closer to the situation share your concerns.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good Post

But you left out the inept Owners who are Funding this whole 10 plus year Charade

Personally I don't go to games or buy Jet clothing...and I will stay away until we are doing one thing>>Winning

I say if this is another losing Season (and I hope it isn't ..should be close to Playoff contender imo). We should ALL boycott this Franchise and put the pressure on for Owners to sell the Team. J & J FAIL and FAIL again to Manage a major market Team..don't give them a dime and have seats filled with visiting teams!!

14. KingRoach

Yes!! Let’s get a new owner, clean house and commit to a rebuild!!! /s

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So when is the potential Owners Draft?? Ahaha

I guess we need to find Musk's and Bezos' phone number

16. KingRoach

Nah those are west coast guys. We need an east coast guy. We need someone who will respect the history of this franchise and represent its fan base. We need trump.

cval and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

What a day, we win our annual off-season Superbowl, and the Mets toss a no-hitter, life is good!

ouchy, Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  18. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Our defense might surprise. The secondary went from one of the weakest in football to what might be a very good unit with very solid depth. The pass rush should be significantly upgraded with Lawson healthy and Johnson and a couple of their other rotational signings. LBs might still be weak, although we don't really know what the team's expectations are for the 2 converted safeties they drafted last year - they seem high on them and on Quincy. Once all the new additions get integrated, the defense might be a surprisingly strong unit. Hopefully, they'll fix their run defense problems - they believe the run defense problems are a result of poor interior Dline and safety play. JFM moving back inside with the addition of Johnson, Lawson and their other Edge signings and healthy safeties will hopefully be sufficient to fix their run defense problems. Having good CBs, allowing them to drop a safety into the box might also help a lot.

OL depth is a major problem - if any of their starting 5 go down, I'm very scared to see who they bring in. Really need to draft an OL in the fourth round today. I expect that they'll also look to bring in some free agents to be backups - perhaps LDT?

Jets79 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

No excuses for this team anymore.

The way that Joe Douglas completely rebuilt this roster this off-season is incredible.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its Showtime for this new Jets Regime. Can't blame Gase anymore, or MacCagnan or Idzik. JD has given them the tools they needed to improve the team. Now we'll see what this CS can do with real talent on the roster. I do think they will win more than 5 games so I'm writing off my $50 bet. However, if they don't win the 5, then its time to take a long hard look at Saleh and his entire staff so see where the disconnect is.