Welcome to the Jets Breece Hall

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 29, 2022.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, although to be fair, I saw lots of improvements as the season progressed. He accepted responsibility for early mistakes and learned fast. Now he has better horses to ride so I expect more of course. The key to it all is Wilson’s execution.

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

We can only hope! Could be super frustrating :eek:

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

They always draft well.

4. toddhershkowitz

toddhershkowitz Active Member

BEST RB in THE DRAFT

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. toddhershkowitz

BINGO!

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I wanted Dean, but he only sliding because of injury. In the absence of that, good pick. Don't love giving away 5th rounder, but there was a strong rumor he was going to go to Texans, so Jets made sure they got him. The alternative, Kenneth Walker, was drafted a few spots later too. However, I believe for the Jets Hall is much better than Walker, so I can see why they traded up. Walker is a great runner, but not much of a threat in a passing game. With Hall we are getting dual threat, who is also a good blocker. A year younger too, a bit bigger. Definitely a blue chip player, though not at a premium position. Happy we don't have to rely on Ty Johnson or Walter to play anymore. Decent move.

mrjet80, REVISion, Nyjets4eva and 2 others like this.
  7. toddhershkowitz

8. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Is it ok to say I have a man crush on our GM? Keep doing work JD next up pick 6/12 in the fourth round and still good players out there to be had LFG

9. toddhershkowitz

yes
    i do
    we all do.

KingRoach likes this.
  10. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Wish we had Dean, however I LOVE the idea of continuing to throw potential offensive playmakers on this roster. While we’re at it-I say we use the remaining picks on o-lineman

REVISion and Lon Chaney like this.
  11. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll see them all on the field very much. It is likely the Jets will pretty much always have at least one TE on the field. If you look at the teams that had very good TEs (Green Bay, Dallas), they almost always have at least one TE on the field (for example, if you look at their personnel packages, you'll find that they used 4 or more WRs for less than 4% of their snaps. Now, I know that the above is 2-0 personnel with 3 WRs and 2 half-backs, but absent significant injuries to their TEs and Garret Wilson, I don't think you'll see that personnel package.

12. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's fair. He was a new GM with coaches using totally different offensive and defensive systems than they now use. Moreover, I think part of Joe D's recent success in drafting is that the Jet's current coaches are very good personnel evaluators (and very clearly know what they want) and I don't think that was true with Gase's coaching staff. A draft is always a team effort and Saleh's coaching staff has had a very positive effect on Joe D's draft selection. Also, it takes time to rebuild a front office and I think Joe D has now built the front office and scouting staff that he wanted. I'm very hopeful for the future.

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  13. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

What I like about the Breece Hall acquisition is during the season you're going to hit bad weather. W/high winds and freezing temperatures you can find in Buffalo and NE no matter how good your passing game is it will be compromised. W/Hall and Carter you'll have an effective ground game. And both are effective catching short passes.

14. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

i think the reason they didn’t draft a RB later like everyone wanted was bc he can be an all around back and block and catch out the backfield plus home run threat. We haven’t had a talented RB like this in a long time. I’m excited to see how we use this kid and MC

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

In listening to the breakdown ofdf him during the draft they said the opposite with respect to his pass catching abilities.

16. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

This was a great pick up. Breece Hall and MC will complement each other nicely. Zach Wilson has no excuses.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I can't speak to Walker's ability as a pass catcher but he was hardly asked to catch the ball at all in college. He had 19 catches total in his college career. Hall averaged 23 catches per year in college.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I agree. Although Walter is ok - as a depth piece. Ty Johnson has run his course though…..

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member