What are your DREAM Draft Day Scenarios for the Jets?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 3, 2022.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As the draft approaches, and the more I foolishly try to put myself in JD and RS shoes, here is how I see them playing the Edge card on the draft. JD has as a minimum two sure Edges targeted at 4, and at least 3 targeted at 10. Walker and Hutchinson are no brainers at 4, KT is a bit of a wild card at this point, while Karlafitis and J Johnson II most likely targeted at ten. In this scenario if the top two are gone by the 4th pick, he will go Sauce or OL and pick the Edge at ten, probably Karlafitis or JJ II. If the top five are gone at 10, (less likely IMO that half the board would pick Edge rushers) he might try to move up on a trade to the top of the first round or pick the best remaining Edge with the second round pick. For sure he will not reach for KT or anyone else if he does not see the value. As such I can see two or three potential first round outcomes as favorites.
    1- Walker and Hamilton.
    2- Sauce and JJ II
    3 - Ike and Karlafitis
    I would be happy with all three and then get a WR and LB in the second round.

KingRoach likes this.
  2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Thib or hutch fall to 4....one of the big 3 tackles falls to 10

Lindenbaum slips late enough in round 1 that they can trade up and grab him.

Jameson williams or Burks somehow falls to the 2nd.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

My DREAM is that the draft finally occurs. Then, my second dream is the players we pick play well, with most if not all, make the roster so the Jets improve.

My God, this draft can not get here soon enough. We have little else to discuss, I get that. Not scolding anybody here that's for sure. I know I could easily "not look or read" but I pray they move the draft up to the first week or March. This has been ridiculous this year. Mock drafts every day since January (or sooner) Tweets and internet articles with speculation a draft "gossip". Seems to me the draft takes precedent over the actual playing of football. It's the Jets fault too. Fans of solid teams are not thinking about the draft on Halloween. I know, I must be really getting old and cranky but I'm sure many of you guys feel the same way. Maybe it's because I am also a big baseball fan and many of you may not be so there's not too much else to think about. OK, rant over. I apologize. Speculate on college players again for the 100th day in a row ; )

Red Menace and Noam like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I mean your lack of knowledge on hall and reed has nothing to do with my analysis. Your lack of knowledge on how JD and saleh operate also doesn't. a layman who doesn't follow the jets could think we need a CB but anyone who follows thme knows it isn't the case

PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm not saying he won't work here, just that he isn't needed and not as clean of a prospect as people make him

6. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

How did Walker become this sure thing no brainer at 4? I'll roll the dice with Hutch & KT at 4. Walker makes me nervous. I have him more in line with Karlaftis & Johnson than Hutch & KT.

Jeff M, PJ4Ever, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I dream, that as a tribute to our owner, we draft Jermaine Johnson and Zion Johnson

LAJet likes this.
  8. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

So I'll just answer for early draft....

Thibodeaux at 4 and Drake London at 10 would be a great first round in my opinion. LB in second round is also a must. Maybe Nakobe Dean but Chad Muma from Wyoming has me intrigued also, fine with either

PJ4Ever and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

JERMAINE JOHNSON #4
    WILSON #10
    or vice versa

10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Aw, give it rest little princess. I'm betting your up in age and have better things to be worried about. Pretty simple fix and I told you about it before.

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

A Macagnan move would be to draft a quarterback who never threw a pass in college in the 2nd round.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And then pass over TWO highly rated QBs the next year because you drafted your "FQB" the year before, AND take TWO Safeties because, well they were the BPA at those picks.:mad:

IDK which pissed me off more: Those moves by Macc, or the Johnsons actually extending him (and Bowles) after he did all that! It just proved beyond all doubt how football-stupid the Johnsons are.

boozer32 and Jeff M like this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Like I said to you in the last post, you expressly told me to stop quoting you but here you are still being the moronic troll.

So it seems you can't even follow your own rules, which makes you a bit of a dumb cunt really.

There you go, now you can go and press your little grasser button, dickhead.

ps have you actually been that sad to leave it nearly 10 days again?

lol what a sad, sad troll.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just heard an awful rant on Sirius Mad Dog radio how K Thibidou has a god awful attitude" doesn't care about winning and doesn't think anyone can coach him" . Also looking forward to "a job with Nike after football over "

Many of you already must know how the pick on him is iffy...so gimme the Florida Edge Rusher . We can't be stupid here smh

Hope KT 's visit to Jets wasn't a deal maker ..sheesh

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I would trust the Jets' Front Office's judgement on Kayvon. If they pass on him, I will be disappointed but totally understand, and if they draft him, I will trust they believe he can be ALL GAS NO BRAKE and be a huge piece to this Robert Saleh defense.

KingRoach likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Nah man, take your information and truths from a shite internet radio station and believe them wholeheartedly.

He must have an awful attitude, everybody says so.

smh

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I will start to trust Douglas and Saleh only and only one way ...WIN GAMES

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

An athlete from Oregon wants to work with Nike when they can’t play anymore???? Color me shocked

19. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Giants could be open to trading Kadarius Toney. I would trade one of our 2nds for him. He had a few nagging injuries last year that kept out a few games. But when he played, he was electric. The Giants/Cowboys game early in the year showed off his potential.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I want nothing to do with Toney especially not with a second round pick. We can end up with the best receiver in the draft 10th overall and still get a high caliber starter with that second round pick. To me that’s infinitely more valuable than a reclamation project that needs reclaiming less than a year in.

Like I said above, if a team is trying to get rid of a guy less than a year after they took him 20th overall, you probably shouldn’t be penciling that guy in as part as your solution.

KingRoach, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.