Deebo Samuel Watch (Deebo asked SF to be traded)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snatch Catch, Apr 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Yes, that is precisely the reason. Their backfield was decimated with injuries all year and they had to play him there out of necessity. He was good at it too but the what 1400 yards receiving was it? I don't think his value is diminished at all.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

IDK. Somebody who follows the 49'ers might know.

3. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I would also ask If Ayuik is available in case Debo does resign.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Joe Douglas is now 0-6 hours in bringing DS to the NYJ

Acad23 likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So can we can get a package deal?:p

K'OB, blackssmagic and Noam like this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

One has to wonder if there will be a 2nd or 3rd card played by one of his other clients. Only 8 days to go.

8. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

There are good players throughout this draft, not to many great players. Deebo put up amazing numbers last yr, but it also was only 1 yr ,has an injury history. That being said we need a star ,send the 10 th pick to San Fran, who has no 1sts this yr or next . I would be willing to bet that no wide out taken in the top 10 of this draft, if any are taken will have a 1400 yd rec. season

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm probably in the minority here but I don't think deebo is worth the 10th overall and 25-30 mil. people tend to underestimate the value of rookie deals. look at what the vikes did. traded diggs for a late 1st who got paid then drafted jefferson who is just as good with the pick but much cheaper and had an extra 12ish mil cap room. deebo put up huge numbers in an offense with a weak QB and was manufactured touches. he's good but not as good as his stats would indicate. he's not metcalf or hill or kupp.

if it was 10 for deebo + 61 (which is about 16th overall in value) or 35 for deebo then fine, but 10 straight up I wouldn't for him. I would for metcalf though

dmw, chandler and Rockinz like this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Anything is possible.. apparently he’s getting death threats in SF

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Stay classy, San Francisco.

Rockinz likes this.
  12. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

We have the cap room. This is not a great draft for elite talent, give Zack a supreme weapon. Next yr there are great college players. Our picks in the second rd , are not that much different than what we can get in the top 10. Trade the 10 th to San fran, even add a 4th if need be .Deebo changes everything. Even if he is just a wide out . 1400 receiving yds. From Jimmy G. If Wilson is the answer we will know with our weapons

WilsonJetsFan likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I agree whole heartily. I would not depart with the 10th pick period. Awesome talent on other areas available. We will not be in this position much longer. We can get a corner stone for our D. These unhappy stars are available every freaking year.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No WR we get at 10 is going to give us 1800 yards and 14 TDs… 10 or 35 38 69 - just get it done JD.

FJF and NOVAJET like this.
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

We won’t offer more for Deebo than what we did for Hill.

I’ll give up 35 + 38 no more than that.

16. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He’s so damn good, not sure if some people that don’t think he’s worth the picks + money truly watched him that much.

Jets will be fine if they don’t get a star wr via trade and draft the right guy, but you can’t go wrong with Deebo, AJ, or DK IMO

Snatch Catch likes this.
  17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The 49ers have a projected $60 million in cap space for 2023, and when Garoppolo is traded this summer, a little over $25 million comes free for 2022. They will use a little this year but I’d imagine around $15-20 million of that gets rolled over into 2023 depending on if they extend Bosa and possibly McGlinchey this year and what the contract structures look like. They have no 1st round pick in 2022 or 2023 due to the Lance trade, so they don’t even have much cap designated to rookies for the next two years.

There is no reason they can’t keep their core guys if they want to, they don’t have to chose. They can maintain a stacked roster for essentially the next 3 years, and won’t have to start shedding good players until the 2025 off-season.

As far as Deebo requesting a trade, that’s different. If the 49ers and Samuel have differing opinions on his value, that has nothing to do with whether they want to keep him or not. They probably didn’t offer him a deal comparable to to Diggs or something, and he got offended.

18. MaximusD163

Samuel isn’t small, he’s 6 feet 215 lbs. He might not be super tall but he’s rocked up, he’s probably got like 35-40 lbs on Elijah Moore. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin’s body type, different skills though obviously.

19. MaximusD163

That’s not correct, they wanted some kind of salary reduction. Either Cooper willing to take less, or more likely the Cowboys eating some salary.

Cooper still has 3 years left on his contract, the Jets were not looking for an extension.

20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Just quoting this to bump it back into the conversation because I keep seeing San Francisco being mentioned in comments when it has literally nothing to do with anything 49ers except the name at this point. As JetBlue notes, Levi's Stadium is in Santa Clara, which is basically the same type of drive/distance as Stamford to Newark, or DC to Baltimore. Deebo doesn't live or work in San Francisco - Santa Clara is in the San Jose area, and San Jose is actually the 3rd biggest city in CA behind only LA and SD.

Not that it actually matters outside of posting on a message board, though. :D

JetBlue, Noam and Brook! like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.