Rockinz Jets Mock 3.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hey y’all, with some movement and all the pro days are pretty much done. Weaving through smoke screens and all the lies is obviously not easy but here’s my shot at it.

1. Jaguars - Aiden Hutchison Edge- They think about OT but decide to go BPA on their board. Besides Josh Allen they also don’t have much depth at DE.

2. Lions - Trevon Walker DL - Lions go for the high ceiling. Take walker and continue to build in the trenches.

3. Texans - Sauce Gardner CB - Lovie Smith needs playmakers everywhere. Sauce gives them a safe starter day one.

4. Jets - Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge - Jets take the pass rusher they covet to bolster their edge D. KT has an explosive first step and will thrive in a 4-3 D.

5. Giants - Ikem Ekwonu OT - Giants need help on their OL and Ikey can play guard or tackle for them.

6. Panthers - Evan Neal OT - Carolina takes an OT to protect the jobber they have starting for them.

7. Giants - Kyle Hamilton S - With Peppers moving on the Giants take a position of need that could also be their BPA.

8. Atlanta - Malik Willis QB - Atlanta brings in the strong arm local boy to get groomed under Mariota.

9. Seahawks- Jermaine Johnson Edge - Hawks are thin at edge and JJ brings instant production. He fits a 4-3 D that Seattle runs as well as a DE.

10. Jets - Derek Stingley Jr CB - I think the Jets have coveted Stingley early in the draft process and when healthy he was the best corner in the country. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the pick because he’s incredibly talented with probably the highest ceiling in the draft.

**Trade**
    Cardinals: 35 + 69
    Jets: 23

23. Jets - Treylon Burks WR - Once again when their is smoke there is fire and the Jets have been all over him through the draft process. It seems Burks fits the Jets philosophy with his attitude, skill set and gives them a different flavour for Wilson. They jump a few WR needy teams to get their guy and still have a second rounder from Atlanta.

38. Jets - Christian Harris LB - He is full of juice, pair him up with CJ and these 2 Bama boys get to work. He brings speed, tackling and can cover TEs. Hopefully he falls here.

111. Jets - Jerome Ford RB - Ford is just too good to pass up here. He can run with speed, with power, run inside, run outside and has a nose for the end zone. I think he’s a perfect fit for MLF and partner for Carter.

117. Jets - JT Woods S - Woods who was a ball hawk at Baylor with big upside. Long and fast with a nose for the football. I feel he’s underrated.

146. Jets - Alec Lindstrom C - Solid Center that can step in right away if the cut McGovern or learn for a year as good depth.

163. Jets - Neil Farrell DT - Run stuffing gap filling bruiser. JD takes a flyer on a kid that can help our run D and has upside.

#1 Rockinz, Apr 18, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    JETS1116, Brook!, Br4d and 4 others like this.
  2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I like it. Not on the love with Stingley though. Great player but too many injuries which makes me nervous. Don't hate the pick.

Personally, I take Wilson at 10 and address CB later.

chandler and Rockinz like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not a fan. Not horrible, but if Ekwonu or Neal are there at 4, I'd take Ekwonu. We can get an Edge at 10 (Johnson, or possibly Thibodeaux), or take the WR they like the best at 10, and then take someone like Ebiketie in the 2nd. I'd really prefer to not have to use valuable draft capital to trade up to get our WR (or any position). I do like the Harris and Ford picks, and Lindstrom would be good depth and possible future new C. I'd rather add a good 2-way TE than a S, but Farrell might be a good fit.

boozer32, Noam, ouchy and 1 other person like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

First three might be spot on. Congrats. I mentioned on another post that my belief is JD has Walker and Hutchinson as targets at 4 but not KT. So if you are spot on, He might go OL or Sauce instead and go for Edge at ten. Great job non the less. Stingley might be higher risk but awesome if he gets back to his pre injury shape.

Rockinz likes this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hate the Stingley pick, hate the player & position addressed. CB is not a need and is one of the deepest positions on the team, makes zero sense to use a top 10 pick on CB.

I’d rather the Jets move down for Burks and then use the added capital to move up for a guy like Dax Hill or Linderbaum.

IDFjet, Rockinz and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Rockinz

This is what I think JD will do.. They coveted Stingley early in the process and I think they still like him a lot.

7. Rockinz

In a perfect world absolutely. Not sure they find a partner to move down

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I like the draft but I believe the Jets will take Ekwonu at 4 and draft a DE at 10 and move up for Burks.

If the rest of the draft falls the way you have it, I would be ecstatic with that haul.

Love the Harris and Farrel pick in particular, I believe those guys are going to produce at a much higher level in the NFL.

Jojo, ColoradoContrails and Rockinz like this.
  9. Rockinz

There is definitely a chance Ekwonu is the pick at 4 and then a DE at 10. I just am trying to read between the lines and look at who the Jets coveted pre combine and try to connect the dots.

KT, Stingley and Burks were all interviewed and linked to the Jets throughout the process. We’ll see how it shakes out.

Harris is really underrated I truly feel he’s the second best LB behind Lloyd. I feel Dean is overrated. His DL was the best possibly ever and that created a lot of easy tackles and lanes for him.

Farrel is just a beast. I really don’t understand why he’s considered a 5-6th rounder… When I watch him he’s dominant in the run game and moves guards around at will.

The player I really love is JT Woods I think his ceiling is incredibly high. He is a true safety and it seems the ball just finds it’s way for him to make a play.

boozer32, Jojo and Red Menace like this.
  10. Red Menace

I agree with your take on Farrel, I don’t understand why he’s considered such a late round selection, the man is always in the opponents backfield.

There are three RB that I wouldn’t mind seeing in Jets green they are Rachaad White, Breece Hall or Ford, they would complement Carter tremendously!

James Hasty and Rockinz like this.
  11. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I think he's later rounds because he probably is a 2 down player.

Rockinz and Red Menace like this.
  12. Rockinz

I agree with those 3 RBs. I think Ford has the best value. He is just a complete RB that can run inside/outside with power with speed. I like his build and his production as well.

James Hasty likes this.
  13. Red Menace

That’s perfect for Saleh, he loves rotating his defensive line. Hope Jets grab him in later rounds if that’s the case.

KingRoach and Jojo like this.
  14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Not a fan. I don't want Stingley at all. I've also soured on Thibs, he's a solid player but he just screams bust to me.

Leicester Jet and Jojo like this.
  15. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

That honestly might be the ideal scenario. Using 2 premium picks to address 2 premium positions. The depth at Edge is solid, and the drop-offs debatable. Landing the top OT & the 4th Edge is much better value than the 3rd Edge & 4th OT, 1st S or 2nd WR.

Red Menace, Rockinz and Jojo like this.
  16. Rockinz

How can he be a solid player and scream bust? It’s either one or the other…

James Hasty likes this.
  17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

There's been plenty of solid college players that don't pan out in the pros.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

In no world do I believe we are investing another first round pick on the OL for the third year In a row.

Edge has to be the pick at #4.

Nothing else makes sense If I'm honest.

19. Rockinz

It only makes sense if the intel on Becton is that he’s 390 pounds and is finished.

REVISion likes this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I do not like the first 2 picks. But the rest of the draft is pretty good like JT Woods and Lindstrom and of course Burks and Watson
    I do not like the first two picks. Tibs potential bust and Stingley I think might not get picked till late 1st. I like the other picks JT Wood a need at safety and Lindstrom, Always like Burks for the Jets and Harris. Jerome Ford is a tough running back. He and Carter could be thunder and lightning.

Rockinz likes this.