Kipers draft 4/13/22

Discussion in 'Draft' started by IDFjet, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Or draft Gardner/Stingley and recreate Revis and Cromartie

James Hasty likes this.
  2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Jones is probably the best and most instant impact IDL for what the Jets need, but you can always find run stuffers a little later as well. Considering the Jets would still have a 3,4, and two 5’s I suspect they could find a less versatile run defending IDL down the line. I’d rather get the DT earlier and take an RB later too, but I can understand why someone would want to take the RB here and go DT later. Also you know I love me some Drake London

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

London won’t be the pick at 10. It’s a pure smoke screen. They were looking to add Tyreek Hill one of the fastest players ever in the NFL.. makes zero sense to add a slower jump ball guy. He doesn’t fit the offence at all. 1% chance at best.

Lon Chaney and Red Menace like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i know you do. I'm not that high on him but i like him more then burks by a long shot.
    as far as DT goes noah eliss in the 5th would be nice for sure. i'd still take him even if we get jones in the 2nd

5. GasedAndConfused

it's not like they had a choice between evans and hill. hill was the only guy available. according to rumors we made runs at cooks, aj brown, and metcalf. JD just wants to add a playmaker. we already have the bigger guy in davis and the smaller speedy buy in moore so we have flexability for him to take who he likes best

REVISion likes this.
  6. Rockinz

All those guys a 4.4 or lower players. London is nowhere close to 4.4 speed.

7. GasedAndConfused

evans ran a 4.53 closer to burks then a 4.4 guy like olave. anquan boldon ran a 4.71 . people put too much stock in 40 times and london hasn't ran it. you are just assuming

8. Rockinz

I assume he’s 4.6 from his tape

9. GasedAndConfused

it's really hard to guess it from tape. i mean people here "guessed" burks would run a 4.4-4.45 and he was slower. I thought Olave would run a 4.4ish didn't think he'd go sub 4.4 I also thought hamilton would run a 4.5ish and he was slower. I think to me, london looks like a 4.5-4.55 type of guy

10. Rockinz

he looks like 4.6-4.65 on tape. We’ll see at his skewed tape.

11. GasedAndConfused

well he's supposed to run today at his pro day so we will see. still I think too much stock is put into 40 times especially for bigger WRs

12. Rockinz

Yes, we will! I also don’t put much stock into it especially at pro days… they are always skewed…

13. GasedAndConfused

IDK man seems like you made up your mind already so if he runs faster you'll say it would have been slower at the combine. London isn't a speedster and personally i'm not even big on him but IDK you just seem to really dislike him. The more I watch players the more I adjust my top 5

for me right now based on film it's
    1)Wilson
    2) Olave
    3) Williams
    4) Dotson
    5) Watson (boom or bust but really high ceiling)

K'OB likes this.
  14. Rockinz

Not having Burks at 1 makes no sense to me. He’s by far the best WR in the draft. Williams is the best deep threat and the fastest. Olave and Wilson are close. Watson is boom or bust. Same with London boom or bust.

15. Richard Lyman

Richard Lyman New Member

Done a couple hundred of these -- pretty sure this one would be a keeper.

[​IMG]
    10. Aidan Hutchinson - Edge Michigan -- rare for him to fall to 4. Never seen him fall to 10
    • 19. Chris Olave - WR Ohio State
    • 29. Nakobe Dean - LB Georgia
    • 30. Lewis Cine - S Georgia
    • 35. Tyler Linderbaum - OC Iowa
    • 38. Travis Jones - DT Connecticut
    • 117. James Cook - RB Georgia
    • May even pick up some Georgia fans.

K'OB likes this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

London won't run the 40. Would kick him out of the 1st round. 4.65-ish is what I've heard.

17. GasedAndConfused

burks to me on film is a weak WR. people are catching up to what i've seen for months and he's slipped. might fall out of the 1st. he can't run routes, he's limited athletically. he's just a big body whos hard to bring down. I don't understand what people see in him. I really don't want to draft him. to me he's a 4th rounder at best.

williams is the best deep threat but he's pure speed. not a great route runner, coming off a major injury (likely misses the 1st 8 games too) his whole rookie season may be a wash.

wilson is a better faster jerry jeudy. olave is the best route runner and has deep speed. he's really my preference overall.

london I think has a solid floor, he won't bust but he also doens't look like a stud. just more of a solid mike williams type of guy

watson has potential to be a star but also has high bust potential. I'd take a chance on him at 38 (with a trade down) if we didn't get a WR earlier.

18. GasedAndConfused

yeah he didn't run but he was coming of an ankle injury. still too much stock is in 40 times. unless they are super slow or super fast they really don't matter. and even then no NFL players run 40 yards in a straight line without pads during a game

19. Rockinz

I see “it” when I watch Burks. I think he’s the 3rd best prospect in the entire draft. Just behind KT and Hamilton. I haven’t flip flopped once with during the process. Think timeline. The Burks hype train was when? Just after the season? Hmmm… when all his tape was there before the media and smoke screens didn’t manipulate the narrative on him maybe?. His tape is some the most impressive in the terms of playmaking ability and a go to target in the best division in College football. His ability to stay healthy through a thick frame. I see Andre Johnson level talent.

Wilson I agree is like Jerry Jeudy it’s a fair comparison. Better version? Maybe but more like on his level I think.

London is a poor man’s Mike Williams but definitely that style player.

I liked Olave’s tape better with Fields. That year when I studied Fields Olave flashed all over the tape with explosive plays down field.

Williams is incredibly fast. A buddy of mine who I coach with who is a huge Vikings fan says he thinks he’s the next Randy Moss. That’s really high praise but that type of ceiling is hard to pass on.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Look at London's tape. He plays with average speed and quickness at best. He's a big guy and he has good hands and he wins one-on-one battles like clockwork and then gets dropped immediately after the catch.

He reminds me so much of Keyshawn with the difference being era, where now players run routes out of different formations and generally with more receivers on the field alongside them.

Keyshawn was a very good player but he was not the kind of receiver that excels today. The guys that are top of the league are all able to run under a deep ball, which Keyshawn was never able to do. They're all capable of making good YAC which Keyshawn generally did not.

You give London to Zach and he will have a safety outlet more than anything else. And if he keeps making poor choices and throws in the underneath game you won't even get that.