What are your DREAM Draft Day Scenarios for the Jets?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Trade value wise without doing the numbers it looks like a horrible deal for the Eagles. From a practical perspective it is probably not bad as they add a 2nd and 3rd but more importantly get an extra pick in next years draft which should be much stronger in exchange for their pick in this years weak 1st round.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The Saints basically traded up from the 3rd rd to a top 20 pick.

K'OB likes this.
  3. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Is it. If we reduce it saying #18 + 7th is roughly equivalent to #19 + 6th, it becomes #16 for a 3rd this year, a future 1st & a future 2nd. The Eagles are essentially deferring one of their 3 first round picks.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Doing the numbers the Eagles received 1463 in trade value points and gave up 1889 points. They gave up 426 points more than they received or the equivalent of the 47th or 48th pick in this years draft. I think this shows how the Eagles feel about the value of this years 1st round that they were willing to wait until next year and lose so much on the trade.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan and BacktoQueens like this.
  6. GreenGreek

It depends on where you're projecting the future picks and how you value having a 2nd first next year versus a third first this year. You may think they gave up a lot more based on how you value the future NOLA picks. They likely feel very different.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. GreenGreek

Unless we're convinced Thibs, Sauce or one of the O lineman is a perennial all-pro, I think we need to pull the trigger on this type of deal. JD can clean up with the next tier DE, top tier WR and a luxury pick like Linderbaum or DB.

Noam likes this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Saints just lost a very good left tackle.

To get one of the big three in this draft they may have to move into the top 5-8.

If they want a specific lineman our pick might look very attractive.

RochesterJet and Noam like this.
  9. KingRoach

I think to the Texans is more likely. They are still building a foundation and picks 13, 16, and 19 would go a long way. If you’re the Saints and the price was the same, you trading to 3 or to 4?

I still think the Jags go OT. If the Lions go QB and the Saints trade up… say hello Hutch, the 1 player every Jets fan wants at 4

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am cool with any of the WR's taken at #10 overall. I trust whoever Joe Douglas and Mike LaFleur prefer for his offense. Seems like people have their own preference of who is the best, but I really don't. I guess it would have been Jameson Williams before his ACL tear, but now I am not sure. I agree, waiting until #35 would be way too risky. Maybe package #35 and #38 to move up for a WR if they want to take a different position at #10.

Probably Pass rusher at 4 and wide receiver at 10 would be my dream scenario. Fills 2 huge needs for the Jets.

Noam, NCJetsfan and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Me too. At 16 and 19, Lloyd and Penning would be high on my list, and would be willing to trade back up a little to get them.

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I can respect not wanting to trade up! It certainly would take away a few of our assets.

14. PennyandtheJets

I liked the horde of baby ducklings part.

15. PennyandtheJets

Really love some of the names you have us landing. Thank you for sharing!

James Hasty likes this.
  16. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Probably the most fucked up post I’ve ever read. :)

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Glad you like it.

I had fun putting that draft together.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  18. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

Things will first hinge on JD's knowledge of our line. Since this is a dream, Fant signs cheap and remains a very good LT. Becton stays healthy and is great at RT. The Saints/Eagles trade might be getting things moving. 1)It has been noted that the Saints 16 and 19 are close to 4 in value. Perhaps we get a future 3-5 as an extra sweetener. 2) Qbs always get over drafted. With 16 and 19 in hand, JD is comfortable trading #10. Where I am differing is because of 16,19 in hand we get appropriate value but the package is a teams second and third this year and next years #1 and whatever is necessary for appropriate value. I really like the idea of two ones next year as you may be able to repeat the 2,3 and next years one again and again. 3) Like 2, I hope the over drafting of QBs cause teams to jump into the back end of round 1 to gain the 5th contract year which on these raw qbs is even more important. This pushes better players down to 35, 38 and our extra two.

If a good veteran wide receiver becomes available, it will in part be because of their monetary demands. Knowing you will pay top/near top dollar should drive the compensation down. #16 + a third Or #19 plus a acquired second goes for one of these young veteran wideouts.

The remaining first gets you an edge player. Second rounders get you a S,DT and developmental OT. 3-5 add LB, TE, WR, CB and depth possibly RB. Since it is a dream, they all are good!!!!!!

#78 BamaDoc, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  19. KingRoach

My (realistic) dream draft scenario
    Jax- Icky OT Protects it’s FQB long term
    Det- Willis QB Detroit takes its FQB
    Texans- Neal OT with reports they were looking to trade Tunsil, it’s only a matter of time b4 they need a LT. They currently need a RT
    JETS - Hurtch DE
    Giants - Cross OT with Carolina picking behind them, they take the last premier OT
    Panthers- Pickett QB (Rhule is fucked)
    Giants - KT DE
    Falcons - Wilson WR
    Seattle - Walker DE
    JETS - Sauce CB

38+69 DK

#79 KingRoach, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    Nyjets4eva and BacktoQueens like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm confused. After the trade with the Saints, you say "With 15 and 19 in hand, JD is comfortable trading #10", but you don't specify what we'd be trading it for. Then in the next paragraph you talk about trading #16 + a third or #19 plus the acquired 2nd for a WR. So why would we trade pick #10?