GAC - Mock Draft 4.0

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 1, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if hamilton was just a solid safety then sure i'd easily agree but he's a playmaker and a unicorn who can change our entire defense. he's the type of players JD looks at in the 1st. the rare talents who are blue chip playmakers and him falling to 10 would be a gift. KT and hamilton will transform the defense while we still get our WR in olave. we do need a safety at some point and the drop off from hamilton to hill or cine or brisker is huge but the drop off from williams or wilson to olave is minimal. people are sleeping on olave a lot

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

That is a limb I will gladly join you on.

joelip and blackssmagic like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

lineman can play well into their mid 30s. fant has a good 2-3 years left in him. he's on his last year. we can extend him for 4 years to keep the cap lower but make the 3rd and 4th years options so really just a 2 year extension. we can address another OT at that time. we already spent 2 1sts on AVT and becton and big money to tomlinson and decent money to fant and mcgovern. no reason to throw more at the o-line right now.

I agree edoga has disappointed. I'd hoped he would turn into a starter. he hasn't we can take a developmental OT later in the draft as well but he's fine for a backup this year

barfolomew and joelip like this.
  4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Limb Club brother....

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Williams is generally regarded as the best WR in the class.

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s not out the question I just feel it’s unlikely.

7. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Thats why I am taking him at 10 instead of Hamilton and keeping 35 and 38.....I was all Burk's but watching Jameson and were he is at in his rehab I am all over that

8. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I remember Milliner but he wasn’t in same stratosphere as Stingley. Tbh I was shocked Milliner went that high that year. His college tape was pretty overrated. In terms of raw talent, Stingley is better than Gardner. His injury is making folks overlook him. A guy of his talent rarely makes it out of the top 5 and he’ll probably be there at 10. I like our corners but it shouldn’t stop us from taking a blue chip talent like Stingley. A lot of teams are going to regret passing on him in a few years.

#28 Get me the Damn Ball, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Nor does any competent Safety. Hamilton is a luxury for us.

10. ColoradoContrails

Even if you're right, I seriously doubt Douglas takes a CB that high. Like Hamilton - he could take him, but they're both luxuries we can't afford. Like buying a Rolex when a good smart watch will be more useful and cheaper.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

he's an affordable luxury since we have 4 picks in the top 38 and can trade up from 35 for a 1st.
    I don't see how fans wouldn't be happy with KT, hamilton, Olave, and travis jones with our 1st 4 picks. I'd be ecstatic.

12. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

KT is the Vegas betting favorite to go #4. Vegas favorites for the top 3 are Hutch, Walker & Ekwonu. Betting favorite at #10 is Wilson.

mrjet80 likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

In our position - trying to rebuild and adding as many blue chip prospects as possible - there is no such thing as "an affordable luxury" IMO.

Noam likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

he's a blue chip guy. that's the whole point. on top of that he fills one of the biggest holes we have in FS where we have joyner on a 1 year cheap deal coming off an injury and davis who looks like a depth piece only and not a starter. hamilton in the back changes the D more then anyone else besides an elite rusher can. adding him and an elite rusher is a huge boost to our defense more then it is a luxury

15. ColoradoContrails

You might be right. Depends on the type of defense we play. In my experience though, the best defenses are ones that apply real pressure up front, not ones that depend on DBs to shut things down - that's like trying to close the barn door after the horses have left. I've watched too many games where the Jets just couldn't get pressure and were picked apart by good QBs, even when we had supposedly good defenses, like under Rex. A great pass rush makes DBs much better, but it doesn't work the other way around in my experience.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

JD and Saleh have same philosophy, build from the trenches out. Guys are going to have a meltdown when they draft another OL with either the 4th or 10th pick.

I believe Jets will trade up for Burks after they draft any combination of OL & DE with 4th and 10th picks.

Jets are not going to draft secondary help after the off season they just had.

17. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I thought edoga did well as a back up when he was on the field last year. Perhaos with a stronger group he can become a premiere back up. What do you think?

18. GasedAndConfused

exactly. and thats what JD and saleh want. JD even said in his interview "the best way to stop a 30 million dollar WR is to hit the QB"
    the idea is for the front 4 to force the QB into mistakes and a guy like hamilton to turn those mistakes into turnovers

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

I think he's gone after this year lol but he's been a solid backup for us. just never turned into a good starter like we had hoped

20. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Nice plan/guess G&C. I'd be happy if things work out this way. April 28 is basically going to be the Jets Super Bowl this year as probably the biggest single event to shape their future.

My question to you (and/or others) is that in the grand scheme of things when we look back at the 2022 draft chances are that this will not be remembered as a particularly strong draft. Is that correct? Or am I underrating this player group as a whole?

Noam likes this.