Wide Receiver Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Apr 2, 2022.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

"Hope" isn't the way to build a football team.

2. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

What elite WR is available and what are the Jest going to use to trade for hm?

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Like you, I love Wilson. I'd take him at 10 and not look back.

He is not a "Smurf" though. He's 6 ft 200 lbs

PJ4Ever and Rockinz like this.
  4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

IMO the jets need a upgrade at linebacker A LOT more than WR. You got overpaid Mosely and a bunch of no-names. Mosely will likely be gone in 2023 and then we have squat at LB. Now is the time to get a really good LB. Jets run defense stunk in 2021. Our WR outlook is not as dire with Davis, Moore and Berrios. Yes, WR should be addressed on day 2 of draft, but NOT on day 1.

ouchy and KingRoach like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't know who, but how often do we know until the trade is announced? As for what will they use to trade? They obviously found something to use when trying to get Tyreek Hill.

6. NCJetsfan

If the Jets use both 1st round picks to draft defensive players, use the 2nd round and 1st or 2nd round pick next year that we get from trading down from #10
    I thought someone posted that Wilson was 5'11". At any rate I just googled the Combine results and https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/2022-combine.htm
    says that Wilson is 6'0" 183 lbs, not 200.

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I thought he was 193 lbs. Either way, he can easily add 5-10 lbs in a pro-offseason workout program. My point is that when I hear "smurf" I think 5'9" and under for WR.

ouchy and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Reed is an outside corner, Carter will be the slot.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. PJ4Ever

Im w you, London >>>> Burks

KingRoach and REVISion like this.
  10. PJ4Ever

London is actually far superior than Evans after the catch too. I’m in love with his game as a fit for the Jets, he’s exactly what they need.

mattyd99 and REVISion like this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I think London is basically a more physical but slightly less fast version of Evans.

mattyd99 and PJ4Ever like this.
  12. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I am not going to start projecting if Burks or London will become the best WR. Both are good and I believe could develop into top players. I really like Burks too!

What tick me off is people completely ruling out Drake London because they don't like him or watched him drop some balls or too slow or whatever other reason I read.

What I find interesting is that he has so many catches and he was targeted so often and he still dominated even though defense were focusing mostly on him as he was the focal point of the attack at USC. The other factor is his college pedigree, recently 2 other top receivers came out of USC the past 2 drafts and they were dominant in the NFL (Amon-ra St.Brown and Michael Pittman Jr.) and London showed he was even better than them. He is still young and he is only getting stronger and better, not a finished product. My concern with him is his injury record. But some people here are so convinced he will not translate well to the NFL which I find in all honesty mind boggling. You can say you don't rate him because he is not a fit for our scheme or that you would rather have a fast receiver or whatever but to claim that he will not achieve anything in the NFL I find that a bit presumptuous.

#92 Kryoptix, Apr 4, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  13. PJ4Ever

Exactly. I don’t love Burks but I could easily be wrong. The best drafters or GMs are wrong, what, 40-45% of the time?

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I like Drake, and think he will be a good player in NFL. Size and contested catches, plus production he put in is really impressive. Also physical, avoided a lot of tackles. He is not going to take top off the defense, but a good prospect, and youngest prospect of top ones with highest per game production. The injury does concern me, like with Jameson Williams. It was a serious injury. Is this beginning of a pattern or just an isolated incident? Unfortunately there is no subsequent season to see if his ankle holds up - or any season where he played more than 8 games for that matter.

There is some risk built in, which should knock down his stock, even if he recovers by the training camp. If I take on a guy who had a serious injury like that and has not subsequently proven he fully recovered, it would have to be someone who can unleash Zach's potential to the fullest. I believe JD views someone like Hill as the person to do that, which is why he went full Maccagnan on him. In the draft that guy, who can really stretch the defense AND get YAC, is Jameson Williams. Not saying he is my top guy, because of the injury, but I would take him over London, and I think he will be there at 10.

15. REVISion

I don't think London's injury is that big a concern. It seems like it was a pretty simple fracture, I haven't been able to find anything about ligament damage. The fact that he feels in good enough shape to work out at his pro day tomorrow means the injury is very unlikely to affect him next season imo.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Honest question. Would you be interested in swapping pick 4 with Seattle for pick 9 and DK Metcalf?

17. REVISion

100% but I don't think there's any chance they'd agree to that.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Has anyone brought up Wandale Robinson in round 2 or 3? He lit up the SEC

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Same here. They might. If I was rebuilding, I would start with QB and #4 would be a good spot to get your pick. Metcalf, a big star, might not enjoy babysitting a rookie QB while he learns. Granted Wilson hasn't exactly proven himself, but he's further along than anything that Seattle will get in the draft. It might be a smart move on draft day if the 2 Edge guys are gone.

#99 westiedog1, Apr 4, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Sec124DieHard likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I would definitely do that contingent upon whom was there at #4 and if I was concerned that I would miss out on both JJ and KT. If I thought I could still get one at #9, I'd do it, but if I thought both would go between 5-9, I wouldn't.

westiedog1 and ouchy like this.