Thibodeaux vs. Walker vs. Johnson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by REVISion, Mar 17, 2022.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I like Ebiketie, I really like Mafe, but I think he's going to sneak into the end of Rd 1. If they're available in Rd 2 for the Jet's, and we didn't address edge, it's a no brainer.

I heard the Jet's really liked Myjai Sanders at the Senior Bowl, but I can't see the Jets waiting till to the top of Rd 3 to address edge, where Sanders is projected. Concern with Sanders, he has trouble holding on to his weight and can get pushed around by O-lineman.

#41 WW85, Apr 3, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So it's John Abraham vs Shaun Ellis?

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I dont' think KT has boom or bust. I think he'll at least be solid. walker scared me though. Johnson seems to have a high floor and really no chance to bust and could become a star. I like him at 10 if we don't get an edge at 4

RochesterJet and Rockinz like this.
  4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Or wanting Vernon Gholston....:D

Rockinz likes this.
  5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Can NOT take Hamilton and then not pay him in 3 years so forget that.

Thibodeaux is falling and now folks are saying he could fall to #9 with Seattle -- and if they don't pick him there, he could fall another 10-12 spots.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Give me Shaun Ellis all day every day.
    Position versatile, scheme versatile, excellent 2 way player.

Abraham was as one dimensional and soft as they come.
    He was good at that dimension though.

RochesterJet and stinkyB like this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Well if Hamilton is good, why not just give him a second contract?
    The Jets have to get out of the pattern of letting good players walk.

I wouldn't be too shocked if KT falls out of top 10.

Ralebird likes this.
  8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’m on the JJ bandwagon if we slide back to 8 with Atlanta.

9. Rockinz

I have KT as my number 1 player in the draft process but if rumours are true that JD has him off his board what does it matter… time to move on and look at prospects he might actually take. I think if we stay at 4 it will be walker or sauce. If we get walker it’s probably a WR at 10. If it’s Sauce it’s probably JJ at 10.

#49 Rockinz, Apr 4, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    KingRoach likes this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Where's this rumor from? Hughes was saying as recently as a week ago that he thinks the Jets think KT's character concerns are overblown.

Rockinz likes this.
  11. Rockinz

Cimini on the Jake Asman show today. I want him to be wrong like he always is but it sounded convincing.

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think he Is fairly flawed In specific aspects, especially In comparison to, KT.

JJ Is very stiff, and lacks overall pass rush moves and technique. He Is raw. Who shot up draft boards late, had a great senior bowl, obviously made himself some money. Happens every year, which Is good, nothing wrong with that. I just know that a lot of times these very type of prospects that shoot up late, don't pan out. He might be a complete stud but I have too many red flags with him. Grading him out as a second round guy Isn't short sighted at all, there Is certainly enough there to warrant a round 2 designation. Just the way It Is though. I love Boye Mafe, I think he Is better than Jermaine Johnson.. Yet, everyone Is projecting him to go In the second round. I think he should be a lock as a first rounder.

You know how this stuff Is... So, that comment doesn't make much sense to me. I get you like him, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just not saying you're right either.

You and I agree with who should be our #4. I think Sauce Is going to be an absolute stud, I know he Is getting recognition right now, but, I still think he Is underrated for how good his tape actually was. That could favor us though, so I'm good with It.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. Mafe is the one who is raw and has no moves. Most Jets fans had never heard of Mafe until the Sr. Bowl. I was one of those fans. He looked great at the Sr. Bowl, but his college production isn't very good. Johnson does have pass rush moves. I don't know where you get that he doesn't. We'll see what the Jets and NFL teams think in a few weeks.

I don't think the Jets will take Sauce, nor should they, and I hope they don't. I think it would be a mistake, not because he isn't a great prospect, but it will cost them in getting either the Edge or the WR they want.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

They are both raw. That's the point.

I'm not worried about what the awareness of majority of Jets fans either. We are talking about what we know, that Is irrelevant and the same could be said for JJ.

I very highly doubt that very many Jet fans knew anything about JJ before the senior bowl either.

JJ has better hand technique. Setups. Mafe Is more raw, I agree. Ceiling though, overall potential, I like Mafe better.

That doesn't mean I like him better for our team either. Just as a prospect. I like one better than the other.

Regardless. My point.

They are similar to me as far as how good of a prospect they will be and could be graded In similar ways. IMO

I don't think It would cost us edge or WR. It's a very deep class at both positions.

No reason we couldn't potentially land all three In this draft.

I'm all In with, Sauce.

I absolutely think he'll be the BPA at #4.

KingRoach and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, we could get an Edge, but probably not the one we wanted after Hutch was gone, or if we were, then it would be the WR we wanted that we'd miss out on. Getting "a" prospect as you know, is quite different than getting the one you want, the one you think is the best, and the best scheme fit.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  16. REVISion

Take this with a boulder of salt but I read a comment allegedly from a guy whose brother works at Oregon and claims there was an unreported off the field issue with Thib last season that is going to get out shortly before the draft.

No clue if true but will be interesting to see how it plays out.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. Rockinz

Cimini and Peter King all believe he slides out the top 5

REVISion likes this.
  18. Rockinz

funny you say that but in the Cimini interview he touched on something that suggested there was an issue..than back pedals and changed the subject… interesting

KingRoach and REVISion like this.
  19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Travon Walker is a better JFM. We need append and bend. I don’t get why we would take a SSDE?

20. REVISion

Tweeted from Florham Park: