The New York Jets’ future WR1 might already be on the roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Mar 28, 2022.

1. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Even if Moore is the #1 WR, still get a WR with the 2nd or 3rd pick.

that’s sets up a respectable WR corps along with a better TE options and a solid receiving RB groups. That said it should create a lot of opportunities and options for Lefleur and Zack and well as mismatch vs the defense.

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yep! I'm also a little worried Moore had most of his breakout games when Wilson was out.

I agree I won't be mad if they add any offensive skill position

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Douglas needs to address this and get it right. The Jets have neglected the offense for over a decade and that has been the last time we sniffed the playoffs. Like I said before they need to draft 3 receivers in this draft. Two receivers and a tight end. I like Burks, Pickens, and Jameson for wideouts and McBride and the UCLA Dulcic. I would take either one but Dulcich looks like a running back after the catch.

Br4d likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They had great chemistry in TC. Then Moore struggled early, then Zach struggled, got injured, then when Zach came back Moore got hurt, or he got hurt right before Zach came back. Either way, they just never got in sync during the season. They will be dynamic this season.

#24 NCJetsfan, Mar 31, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    Noam and Nyjets4eva like this.
  5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Noam likes this.
  6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

As a CB? Well maybe he can play both sides of the ball and be a CB. It was a nice catch regardless

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If they can stay off the IRL.

Noam and Brook! like this.
  8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Elijah Moore may become a top receiver someday, but if this team goes into this draft counting on that then we’re in really bad shape. Even if we draft a top receiver we’re still one injury away from signing UPS drivers, this is not the way to support a struggling QB.

9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Thankfully there is no quota on "Number 1" receivers. Go get a few more. This will probably be Cory Davis's last year here, so the Jets need at least two legitimate receivers.

As of now the Jets wide receivers are worse than last years. I'm very confident the position is going to be addressed in the draft and/or via trade

10. NCJetsfan

Yep. That's why talk of only keeping 5 WRs, not drafting a WR until late, making the D a priority over the offense, drafting a CB instead of a WR or Edge are just nuts! Some people have no clue.

Noam likes this.
  11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

As of late the Jets have been shitty drafting both, but a top flight edge rusher has a much bigger impact than WR.

12. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

dont think we watched the same video I’m pretty sure he wasn’t playing CB. It’s just the angle that he took and they are running in sand

13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

REVISion and Nyjets4eva like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

In general, yes, but it doesn't when you're trying to develop a young QB and your WR corps doesn't have enough talent or depth, and your young QB has been having to throw to UPS delivery drivers and grocery store stock or bag boys. An Edge doesn't do a thing to help a young QB develop. Screw the impact the Edge would make. If Zach doesn't develop, whatever impact the Edge make won't mean a damn thing. Unless Zach develops, the team isn't going to win, and we'll be back where were last year looking for a QB, and could be starting all over again with a new HC and GM.

This isn't rocket science. Why can't you guys understand that it doesn't matter how good our D is, or how much an impact an Edge has, if we don't have a FQB, we aren't getting within sniffing distance of the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl? Thankfully, it doesn't have to be one of the other. We have two first round picks and get both an Edge and a WR, so I don't understand the point of your response.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Another one to monitor

AJ
    Metcalf
    Scary Terry

FJF, Noam and PJ4Ever like this.
  16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Man, Adams and Hill really ruined the WR market huh? Every guy is trying to cash in now.

17. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Could Moore be good enough to be a No. 1 WR? Yes

Is the WR class weak enough at the top to justify not using pick 4/10 on a WR? Possibly.

Is the current WR group of Moore, Davis and Berrios good enough? Absolutely not.

FJF, NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

When there's blood in the water...As long as there is an out of somesort after 2/3 yrs I don't mind paying any of these guys (DK, Brown, Terry)

FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  19. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Starting to feel optimistic we’ll see either Metcalf, Brown, or McLaurin as a Jet before the draft. Hopefully, it'll only cost us the 2 second rounders

#39 Get me the Damn Ball, Apr 4, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Rockinz likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

The Texans are looking for a 2nd for Brandin Cooks, who has been a 1k WR every year except his rookie year, and a year 3-4 years ago when he was injured. He will be 29 in a couple of months. I don't think I'd give up a 2nd, as I don't think the Jets are at a point of being ready to rent a player for a year or two for that high a price. If the Texans would take the Jets #111 or maybe #69, I would probably do it. How about you?

Noam likes this.