Where do you camp? (Poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Mar 20, 2022.

?

Which phrase describes your mindset?

1. We’re not going to compete this year

2. We need someone who can produce right away

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I thought this was about RVs, hiking, and tents with a national park or two thrown in. o_O

2. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I am somewhere between those options. We need to compete first as we have done so just once in the last ten years. That is the minimum requirement and one game either side of a .500 season (now there's 17 games) should be expected.

We need to contend as soon as possible. In my view this means Joe Douglas doing pretty much what he is doing now. Building through the draft and signing experienced free agents who represent cap value. There is no case, as yet, for a splash free agency signing as NYJ is not in that position.

I believe JD knows who he wants and I trust his judgement but this may be a pivotal season for his tenure and NYJ.

3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Me too... As usual, hoping for the best but you know how that goes with this team...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't agree with either phrase. Compete for what? We won't be competing for the Lombardi Trophy, nor will we be "competing" for the worst team in the NFL. I think we will be competitive and perhaps compete for a playoff spot, but we won't make it unless everything goes perfectly and we have no major injuries.

Some fans are too impatient. They expect drafted players to be great from day one, and if not, they're a bust. Yes, it's better when a rookie plays well from day one and makes a big contribution immediately, but the important things is what he does over the course of his career, not just his rookie season. Of course with all the busts the Jets have drafted through the years, it's easy to understand why fans would panic if a player doesn't play at a high level from day one. Their immediate, knee-jerk reaction is "here we go again, another bust." It's understandable, but if we're truly going to be fans, we have to overcome our fears at some point, overcome our cynicism/pessimism, start having hope and trusting again.

5. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

If you told me Wilson would be a Pro-Bowl QB this year, I'd assume we went 8-8. I think that's our ceiling. This is not a good team and I don't think the coach is any good, either.