Jamison Crowder signs with Buffalo

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Inigo Montoya, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no way the loss of a slot receiver means anything to this Jet's offense.

We need a #1 and then Moore is either a very good #2 or an excellent slot receiver.

Corey Davis is the #2 or excellent depth. Berrios is the slot receiver or excellent depth.

But we definitely need a #1. A guy that nobody can cover well and that makes everybody else better because he draws double teams.

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Agree with all this. Which is why London and Wilson get my vote. Wilson is just a handful to deal with and London can make plays at all three levels on the field while being a nightmare matchup out of the slot.

REVISion and PJ4Ever like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I guess that you've forgotten all the drops last season that killed drives and hampered Zach's development, or worse maybe you don't care about drops. I guess I should expect that from someone who wanted Cooper. SMH

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it's a glaring need that wasn't addressed in free agency or a trade.

blackssmagic likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

Your negligence here is amazing. So you want to completely ignore that he dominated at the point of catch and only focus on the fact that he dropped a few?

6. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Best post I've ever seen on this board.

Congratulations!

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

7. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Thats exactly my point with my posts in this thread...while I didnt want to draft Zach, he is our QB and we are screwing this kid like we did Darnold....

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

mentioned both him and Lazard b4 playoffs were over.. doubt Scants escapes now that Davante is gone.

9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

To me. It’s clear they’re going to draft London or Wilson and hope either one or Moore becomes that alpha WR1

REVISion likes this.
  10. PJ4Ever

Jamar Chase and Keenan Allen led the league in drops last year. Cut them both!

11. PJ4Ever

He had the most contested catches in college football last year. His drops were more of the Zach Wilson “easy” variety.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So signing two TE's that can catch in a system that should favour TE's as pass catchers is screwing the kid over how?

13. NCJetsfan

I know he did. I guess I should have said that I don't think he's reliable in contested catch situations because he dropped a lot of passes. Call it poor focus/concentration, bad hands, or being bothered by contact, but the result was the same. He's going to have a lot of contested catches in the NFL, and if he can't be trusted to catch 95+% of them, what good is he?

14. NCJetsfan

An occasional drop happens to everyone, but if it happens frequently it's a problem that should not exist. They are paid a ton of money to catch the ball. They are professionals. It's funny, but I'd be willing to bet that you'd get upset if the QB threw interceptions as often as those players dropped passes, or if RBs fumbled the ball as often as those WRs dropped the ball.

15. NCJetsfan

He didn't drop a few. He dropped something like 8-10% of the passes thrown to him. That's bad. He should dominate in contested catches when he's 6-8 inches taller than DBs.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Always felt a bit sorry for RB's on that score

17. BroadwayAaron

Fortunately, he did. And that's why he's going to be hopefully the 10th pick but potentially the first WR taken inside the top 10.

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The same misinformation that was deemed correct months later? You cant have it both ways.

19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Pretty much. All I remember him doing was questioning the hypocrisy of some of the COVID policies but to call him a bad human being is a bit ridiculous. Now if folks want to question and compare their football abilities that’s a different discussion that’s more relevant to the topic.

GasedAndConfused and cval like this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

exactly. just because someone shares a belief different from yours doesn't make them a bad person. beasley never lied about his stance and was open and honest with it. he's never been arrested as far as I know. no drama or bad press outside the covid stuff. I don't see how people could call him a bad person

cval likes this.