What are your 2022 NFL Draft NIGHTMARE Scenarios?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 26, 2022.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

So many past nightmares, it is hard to not be traumatized...What would be some of your nightmare scenarios on draft day for our New York Jets?

For me? I am going to say that if the Jets elect to NOT draft a WR in the first two rounds. That to me would be a nightmare situation. I also mentioned trading Becton away on draft day. I would really dislike that move.

Let em' rip!

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Interior defensive lineman would really piss me off!

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  3. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Drafting safety at 4! That would be disaster for me. No matter what we do. Passing on Thibs if available. Not getting elite pass rusher or WR (As you mentioned). Getting cute, and trading down like 2020, and our target gone, coming out of it with Mims clone or worse!

Lon Chaney likes this.
  4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I think this is the first draft that I can remember in a long long time, where I don't care who the Jets draft. We have our QB (at least for a couple of years) and what remains is for JD to try to get talent to fill out the team. In this draft, I feel the level of talent, with one or two exceptions, is fairly evenly distributed among the positions. I like Kyle Hamilton and Chris Olave, but I won't lose any sleep if the Jets draft neither one.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. DSL97

DSL97 Member

1. Not drafting wide receiver at 10 or 35.
    2. Picking both safety + cb at 4/10

6. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Drafting "Sicknote Stingley" at 4, then he trips walking onto the stage and is injured again and never plays in the NFL!

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yes I second the two posts above me. Stingley or any kind of secondary combination at 4 and 10 would be my nightmare…

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Taking one in the 1st round would definitely piss me off, but we'd both better prepare to get pissed off. I definitely think there's a strong chance the Jets will be taking an NT in the 1st two rounds. We know that Saleh wants basically 8 starters on the DL. Rankins pretty much sucks. We also know that the Jets' run defense last season was awful. While I think part of that was the new scheme and players learning/adjusting, part of it was abysmal play by the DBs vs the run, and the abysmal play by Jarrad Davis, part of it was also that both Fatukasi and Rankins did not play well at all vs the run last year.

I think there's a distinct possibility that they look to take either Devonte Wyatt or Travis Jones in the 2nd round. I'm hoping that they'll wait until the 4th or 5th round taking just a rotational player this year and waiting until next year to take their starter to replace Rankins, but think they will definitely take one in the draft.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Like you and other responders, not taking a WR in the 1st two rounds, taking Stingley at all, taking two DBs in the 1st round, and/or taking two DL (Edge and DT) in the 1st round. Also taking two sub-6' WRs (Wilson and Dotson/Wan'Dale Robinson) or the two WRs being London and some schlub I'd never heard of before.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very interesting responses. I'm pretty wide open for this draft, except from targeting Stingley especially with the 4th pick and not taking a WR within the first two rounds.
    Spoiler alert. A few here will probably get pissed off because some of the scenarios described could be real. Safety at 4, CB at ten, even an IDL in the second round. I do believe strongly the chances of JD nor picking a WR in the first two rounds are slim and none, but the order in which he does it and player selection might very well anger a few fans. I also smell a trade early on.
    But draft surprises and disappointments are often part of any passionate fans life, so let get on with it. Above all, I rather be thoroughly disappointed in the draft but happy as hell with the results during the season than vice-versa.

11. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I trust JD and I trust the process the CS have with the Scout team.

My only nightmare scenario is Woody firing everyone and reading message boards to see who he should draft.

12. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

Not taking the best O-Lineman at 4.

13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Taking an OL at 4 or not taking a WR in the first round.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Taking a combine warrior in the first three rounds.

15. mrjet80

Your bold raises a great point. I have a suspicion a lot of us are going to question why certain players were selected and in what round. It usually takes a few days after to settle down and read into the picks. For instance if there is a particular WR - player X - I like and it’s passed for the selection of another position - player Y - perhaps we come to find player Y is a better scheme fit and better talent at where he was taken.

Most importantly keep in mind the Jets are in the middle of a rebuild not the tail end. Not every position may be addressed.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Taking Stingly unless it's with a 5th round pick (not gonna happen).

Not getting one of the top 3 or 4 WR, plus another one that's rated highly.

If Thibodeaux is gone at #4, I could handle taking Hamilton, but I'd hate it if the first two picks were DBs ( Hamilton, Sauce).

I really suspect that JD is going to trade back and pick up prime picks in this year and next year's draft, and that will completely change the potential picks. I just want him to get at least a stud Edge, a stud #1 WR, and possibly another highly rated one, another OL, possibly two, TE, IDL.

Easy peasy!:)

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Drafting London and/or trading up for OL.

Loosing out on Burks/Wilson/Williams

Jojo likes this.
  18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Idk. To be honest, usually when I've hated a draft it's turned out to be awful and when I've loved it it turned out to be good. Last year we overwhelmingly liked the draft and it turned out to be a really good one.

19. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Kt and stingley
    Or S at #4

20. mrjet80

Well here’s hoping we see a repeat ……