Jets will go WR with the 4th pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Martin&theJETS, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Now that the Hill shootout with Miami is over, it's more apparent than ever that one of the first rounders will be a WR.
    Since this D scheme relies so heavily on pressure, we're right back to Edge/WR with the first 2 picks.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What did we learn from our pursuit of Hill?

That JD will give ML what he needs to run the offense. What is that? I think that it is someone that can beat man coverage especially in a division dominated by teams playing man coverage. Second he wants someone explosive and quick who can run the Jet Sweep and catch bubble screens. Forcing the DL to cover edge plays and not rush the passer all out.

I know a lot of you want a big WR, but put that aside for a minute and tell me who fits these characteristics from this draft? Who is that WR in this draft? Tyreek does all of those things. Garret Wilson was great against man coverage at OSU. He is a polished route runner who gets in and out of his breaks fast. Doctson can run the bubble screen and Jet Sweep plus can run quick breaking routes to create separation. Maybe Wan'dale Robinson in round 3 or 4?

Who will fit our offense and give ML what he wants?

ColoradoContrails, Red Menace and FJF like this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Moore and Barrios can do those things already. I know Tyreek might fit that same mold, but I think JD was simply looking to add a top 5-10 WR for a couple second rounders. I do not think Hill was a particular fit for what JD is looking for, but play makers are play makers. With that said, I don’t see us targeting a Swiss army type. That’s not saying GW is that type of player. I think London or Wilson with a top pick is a no brainer.

REVISion likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Don't sleep on Treylon Burks. If the Jets managed to get down to the 12-15 and got him we'd probably be in great shape. I think he's gone by the 16 though. People like the big catch machines and he's one of those.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Moore can. He did extremely well against man coverage. Berrios while way better than Davis was soso. He created just above average separation but the rest of his man coverage numbers according to Xfactor was not great. Berrios biggest contribution was not as a WR but running the Jet sweep. He did a great job with that but as a WR he does not add much. The Jets were horrible against man last year and they need to give ML a better tool chest especially considering our division where we play NE who runs more man coverage than any team and good man teams like Buffalo and Miami.

6. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Why get down to 15 and not move up?

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because his value is in that range.

Moving down to get him means we promote more value elsewhere in the draft. That makes him a really good pickup.

Moving up to get him means we give more value elsewhere in the draft. That makes him a mediocre value for where we take him.

If the Jets had the 12 to 15 pick I'd be suggesting he was a good pick in that range. As it is I'd be really happy in a minor trade down from 10 or a major trade down from 4. That gives us a good WR prospect with extra value around him to ensure that we're ahead on the pick from the get-go instead of behind.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

With this draft throw the value of a WR in 12-15 out the window. I am seeing mocks for all sorts of guys outside the top 10 in top 5 and the same other way around.

If you like a guy a lot you take him. Burks could be there with Wilson and London for us to pick at 10

9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

KT is not worth the 4th or maybe even the 10th pick.

We can't take Hamilton 4th. Jamal Adams Redux.

If no WR is available....trade down.....but if Hutch or one of the 2 huge tackles/guards are there at #4, take them. If the tackel or Becton are both Pro Bowlers, we can always trade one for a nice package in 2 or 3 years.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Only problem is I’m sure another team is bound to screw things up by over drafting players and that will throw off the board. The good GMs will stay the course.

Burks might drop to late first or top of second based on his combine numbers, not that I agree he should, however if numbers moved Walker to top ten discussion, numbers will hurt Burks.

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Just take him at 10 and don’t take any chances. Burks or Wilson at 10 is what I’m rooting for. If Williams slides to 34 id double dip just to solidify our WR group.

Red Menace, NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  12. Rockinz

I really don’t think running a 4.55 will hurt him. If you look at the film his football speed is there. In the SEC he was running away from DBs. There is a play vs Texas A&M where he caught a go route stumbles a bit and the DB still couldn’t catch him. Versus Alabama he ran away from their entire secondary. I’d be absolutely shocked if he dropped to the second round. Now I have been shocked before when it happened to DK because of a 3 cone drill… I guess time will tell.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with your take on Burks, I saw the tapes and very few DBs will catch him once he hits top speed.

How much would you bet that the Chiefs would draft him and he would turn out to be Hill 2.0 for them.

14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

15. Rockinz

100% if KC got him will be Andre Johnson 2.0 for them and we will be left scratching our heads…

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Rockinz

Let’s go!!!

Red Menace and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I still don't see us taking one at 4 but I think 10 is almost a lock to take a WR at this point.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

KT is worth the 4th pick for sure so is hamilton.

Rockinz likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Haven't seen news on it but I bet they're going to use one with Wilson and London as well.

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

His top speed isn't the concern - it's his quickness, agility, and leaping ability.

KingRoach likes this.