Jamison Crowder signs with Buffalo

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Inigo Montoya, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Good for him. Upgrade over Beasley as a player and a human. Deserves to play for a winning team.

3. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Good guy, solid receiver, always nicked up. Should fit well with a more established QB. Wish him well.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Liked him, good receiver, seemed like a good guy. he’s dead to me now
    [​IMG]

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I am probably in the minority but we should have resigned him.

Zach has no depth for wide outs, get ready for the Smith brother's playing meaningful time

barfolomew, ouchy, Jeff M and 4 others like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we have the draft and plenty of depth WRs out there on the cheap still

dmw likes this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What's his name again?

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Once Berrios was brought back, the writing was on the wall.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Personally I disagree, when was the last time we drafted a number 1 or heck even a number 3 wide receiver?

Devin Smith, Hansen, Mims, Shaq Evans, Stephen Hill, Ardiarious Stewart...the list is gigantic.

If we draft Drake London, he will be another name to add to the list of dog shit receiver's we draft.

We all have said, if Zach is gonna be successful he needs protection and weapons. Looking at our receiver room, we have given the kid shit and asked him to make 5 star steak sandwiches

barfolomew and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

give moore time. he's at worst a number 2 but showed number 1 potential. it's a different GM and yeah he whiffed on mims but doens't mean he'll whiff next time. moore seems to show he learned from that. i mean look at the stellers they always find good WRs but never find good CBs. some GMs are better with some positions then they are others

apjbfc, ouchy, PJ4Ever and 1 other person like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

OK I'll bite. Comments have been made that there are still vet WRs that can improve this team going into the draft.
    I think the list below is a fair representation of free agent WRs remaining.
    Some of course are waiting to resign with a winning team even at a reduced rate so it might be a non starter. . Some are a little too old on the tooth a have little left in the tank like Julio Jones.
    Honest question. Of the names below, are there a few that can help Wilson more than resigning Coles at this time? Is OBJ an option?

1. Odell Beckham Jr., Los Angeles Rams
    2. Julio Jones, Tennessee Titans
    3. Emmanuel Sanders, Buffalo Bills
    4. Jarvis Landry, Cleveland Browns
    5. A.J. Green, Arizona Cardinals
    6. Cole Beasley, Buffalo Bills
    7. Allen Lazard, Green Bay Packers (RFA)
    8. Will Fuller, Miami Dolphins
    9. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Green Bay Packers
    10. Sammy Watkins, Baltimore Ravens
    11. Zach Pascal, Indianapolis Colts
    12. John Ross, New York Giants
    13. Albert Wilson, Miami Dolphins
    14. Tre’Quan Smith, New Orleans Saints
    15. Keelan Cole, New York Jets

12. GasedAndConfused

pascal just went to the eagles on a 1 year deal.

I'd like lazard, he knows he's not a starter but he's a grinder. gives it all, great blocker, does everything, i'd love to bring him on as a WR3/4 depending on the personnel package. he cna play outside and be a big blocker for moore in the slot on screens and take pressure off davis in that way so davis can run more routes. great run blocker on the outside too

PJ4Ever, FJF and LAJet like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about this. I always thought Crowder was Mr. Dependable - when he was on the field - and Zach can use all of that type of help he can get. And $4MM doesn't seem like such a big number. That said, what would his role actually be once the WR/TE room is filled out this year? And now he gets a chance to play for a winner. But he's in the Division and that sucks.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

He was the second best WR on the roster (and best the previous years) reliable, and moves the chains.
    Exactly what our QB needs.
    Yes we should have re-signed, but JD decided to burn that bridge last year.

Buffalo just got a really good WR for cheap.
    Great.

ouchy and blackssmagic like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Bills were a coin toss away from the AFC Championship Game and likely Super Bowl title (Would have been clear favorites at least) and now they add Von Miller, Duke Johnson and Jamison Crowder? Not too shabby. Super Bowl or Bust for this team. Amazing spot for Crowder to land after 3 years on horrendous Jets teams.

16. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. For $4 million I wish we'd have resigned him, but I think JD will be drafting 1 and maybe 2 receivers and, if so, there wouldn't be enough receiver slots on the final roster (assuming that they don't trade or cut Mims). You've got to figure that the Jets will likely be carrying 4 TEs (the 2 new ones, a draft pick and maybe Yeboah) if they plan to run a lot of 12 or 22 personnel plays, and then there might only be 5 slots for WRs and they've got 4 now.

ouchy likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

How stupid are the Jets for letting him walk for mere peanuts like that? I’m glad he went to a division rival

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Guy was perpetually hurt. Berrios can do everything he can and more with the special teams play. You would think we let Jerry Rice walk.

nycarl, Acad23, PJ4Ever and 7 others like this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Just what Zach needs.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that some of our players that get cut or traded away are considered really good players who got away from the jets. For yrs our players were so bad that hardly any other team wanted any part of them if they shook loose. But lately, there seems to be more and more teams lining up to hire our castoffs. To me this is a sign our talent pool across the board is starting to increase to where other teams look at our castoffs and see a possibility.

Crowder is the latest....a really good player but we already have other players who are better so we parted ways. I love it! JD's players are getting respect outside our org.

So I think JD has done a good job of started with bare cupboards and starting to stock some really good players. Hopefully JD's trend continues and OUR castoffs become a feeding frenzy for other teams.

We're on our way folks!