David Ojabo

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WoodyHarrelson, Mar 20, 2022.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Any chance you think JD takes a chance on him in round 2? Think we’ve seen this in the past Jaylon Smith etc who have fell due to injury.

hate to say it, jets aren’t doing anything next year and we are all hoping for improvement. I ask this because if you want to stop Watson, Mahomes, Burrow, Wilson, etc. probably going to come from pass rush. I would double up on either

Thibeadux or Walker and then find a way to grab Ojabo in round 2. Even a slight trade back!

2. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Definitely in round 3 if he’s there

b.reyes16 and Jojo like this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Ojabo should not be a priority for jets right now. They need playmakers who can contribute this year, I would consider selecting Ojabo in the 4th or 5th round.

Too many good players on the board in second and third round that can actually help team this year.

REVISion, Noam and CotcheryFan like this.
  4. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I think he's a 3rd rounder , I'd do it there.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I like Ojabo but he’s incredibly raw and hasn’t played a ton of football. He needed another year IMO.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

A third rounder for his athleticism and production seems like a no brainer. We need a dominant situational pass rusher more than a 3 down edge at the moment. JFM plays the run very well outside, but not so well inside. I'd imagine Saleh will want to keep him on the outside on early downs and inside in pass rushing situations. Still, we shouldn't pass on a good edge in rounds 1 or 2, but i think ojabo is a reasonable option in round 3 or later with the injury.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t think Ojabo makes it past the top of the second but maybe things have changed. I haven’t been following the combine and what not much lately.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  8. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

He tore his Achilles at his pro day.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Whoops, just saw that. Yeah I wouldn’t touch him. The Jets can’t really afford to stash high draft picks at this point. If they suck again next year, we might be heading toward a new regime and you have a mismatched player coming off a brutal injury.

LAJet and b.reyes16 like this.
  10. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Maybe, a bit of a luxury pick, but hard to pass on first round talent at picks where you're unlikely to find day 1 contributors. Achilles injuries (and honestly most musculoskeletal injuries) aren't as bad as they used to be. Cam Akers played in the playoffs in the same year he tore his. Ojabo should be ready to contribute by midseason which is probably more than you can say about most anyone we'll get at that slot.

LAJet likes this.
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

3rd rounder now unfortunately for him