2nd and 3rd rounds are where winning teams are built (poll)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KingRoach, Mar 18, 2022.

?

What positions are you targeting with our 3 value picks?

1. WR

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Another WR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. RB

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. EDGE

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  5. Another EDGE

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. S

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  7. LB

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. DT

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

We have 3 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (maybe 3 in the 2nd when we’re done). Those are rounds where you can find high quality starters.

What 3 positions do you hope we pick with our 3rd, 4th, and 5th overall picks?

It’s a deep EDGE class. You can never have too many pass rushers in this D. Many 2nd round EDGE turn into rockstars and demand high trade value

It’s’ a deep WR class they take a year or two to develop but can be high impact and can have amazing trade value

RBs make an immediate impact and our backfield is only half set

LBs make an immediate impact and I don’t believe we’re happy with what we have

S While there’s potential, Joyner hasn’t played well at the position in a long time. Pinnock may develop but there are a few top S available in the 2nd

DT We look like we have a 4 man rotation but adding a developmental piece puts us in a better position next year. Plus, you can never have too many pass rushers.

I’m giving you the option to double dip with WR or EDGE

2. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I liked a safety a lot more in Round 2 before bringing back Joyner and adding Whitehead. Now, the only safety I'm interested in grabbing on Day 1/2 is Hamilton. Idk that any of the others really offer a clear upgrade and we should be looking to add starters with those picks.

It's WR, LB, and DT for me. There should be some fantastic value there at those positions.

KingRoach and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Obviously it will depend who slides. There are a lot of good DBs that will be available in rounds 2/3. If I had to bet I’d say 1 of those 3 is a DB.

DL has some really good players that could fall as well.