JD deserves some credit to the start of this free agency

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 14, 2022.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Not even close but keep trying. There is also a video online highlighting Tomlinson called the King of Missed Blocks.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

And perhaps JD's best piece of work yet, getting a draft pick for Blake Cashman

#122 JetFanInPA, Mar 16, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    REVISion, Nyjets4eva, cval and 2 others like this.
  3. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

never would think anyone would trade a pick for him this is amazing lol even if it’s a 7th lol

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You could be right but our WR depth would improve greatly with him added to the team.

We will see how he does with the Browns when the season starts.

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Can't complain about that one.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

How In tf did we get a pick for cash man LOL

Nyjets4eva and REVISion like this.
  7. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

If this man trades Greg van rotten, give him an extension now.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Cman68, stinkyB, JetFanInPA and 4 others like this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Lighten up Francis. No excuses, just a joke to help pass the day.

Carry on.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That article is from 2017. It's been 5 years, time to let it go. He a Pro Bowl guard now, and the newest edition says 49ers can't allow him to hit an open market. Thankfully they did, and we now have him.

KY Jets Fan, Nyjets4eva and Noam like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We all hate the reality, but it is what it is. Roster sucked. CS really didn't come up with exceptional game plans. Rookie QB not getting a grip on things until very late in the season. Injuries compounding the talent problem. That was the 2021 NYJ's.
    Now not regressing in my opinion, is progressing. I'll take 5 wins along with 12 losses with no blowouts anyday. I'm tired of getting our asses kicked every damn Sunday too, but I'm realistic about '22.

Brook!, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

It's way too early esp not knowing draft results, how things come together in camp and pre-season etc. but I see these as potential winnable games..

@ Clev
    Mia
    Chi
    Det
    @ Pit
    Jax
    Sea

Not sure this team can split with Pats yet even though they've lost good players so far this off-season so realistically it looks like their upside is 7 wins, 8 if they shock us and beat the Pats. Knowing Jets they win 5- 6 but look competitive so I'm in agreement that is the best we can hope for this year.

KY Jets Fan and Cman68 like this.
  12. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

The way FA has evolved I’m expecting a lot of defensive picks in the draft and WRs. The DE and WR market in FA or trades is outrageous so Joe simply needs to fins his studs in the draft

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are two DL and two WR and a lot more D with the remaining 5 or so. I know there’s a lot of talk about potentially signing JJ at 4 but what about Walker?

#132 chandler, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    KY Jets Fan and Jets79 like this.
  13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agree…it’s lining up nicely with draft strengths where we have needs

almost as if JD planned it that way!

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

"We are too apt to love praise, but not to deserve it." ----William Penn.

I get it. Thanks for the reminder. There's a lot of praise on this thread for someone, who in my opinion, hasn't earned it yet.

#134 westiedog1, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. Cman68

I agree with the home wins although I do think MIA and SEA will be tight games that can go either way. Things are really up in the air in CLE but they still have Myles Garrett so the injury factor for ZW is high in this game. A lot will depend on how much of an upgrade our OLine really is over the '21 version. On the road in PIT won't be easy, but we should win given the talent drop off there. JAX, CHI, DET, SEA, CLE/PIT gives us 5/6 wins. I don't see any blowouts except perhaps both PAT and BILLS games.

Not the rosiest of outlooks I agree, but it's the most probable barring catastrophe at the NYJ QB position.

16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Totally understand. I know I'm probably on the more optimistic side in terms of JD's tenure so far but that hasn't really translated on the field as of yet.

The unfortunate thing for both us as fans and JD as a GM is we're going on 11 years with no playoffs. We're fed up with losing, as we should be. The silver lining is that it appears that JD's got a plan, Saleh is on board with that plan, and it's a plan that JD is sticking to. Not signing the Trumaine Johnson's and Le'Veon Bell's of the world because their chair is getting warm and they need a flash in the pan 9-10 win season.

JD's said from the get-go that the draft is where great teams are built, "...Ultimately for us to get to where the great teams are, the most consistent teams are, you do that through the draft. It’s the most team friendly market in sports. For us to really be that team that’s consistently competing for Super Bowls, we have to hit on our draft picks.” So he went out and set us up with some incredible draft capital by trading some guys. His first class leaves a lot to be desired so far and while Zach will ultimately make or break last year's class, so far the returns on that one are very promising at least.

I'm not about to commission someone to start building his bust for Canton just yet but I'm also very impressed with where we are now compared with where we were when he first got here. But, sooner or later (emphasis on sooner) everything he's done will have to start translating to wins on the field or none of this will matter. For our sake, as well as his sake, I hope that happens and the sooner the better.

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Seems like a very reasonable outlook so far.

The main variable for next season will be Zach. Can he make that sophomore leap that we've seen so many others make throughout the years and turn into an average+ starter? If so, I could see us flirting with 9+ wins and have a shot at a WC spot. If not, we're probably looking at another losing season.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Just like any NFL it comes down to injuries. For the Jets to win on the high side of that number we need a relatively healthy team especially when you consider the lack of depth on the team. Zach will improve, how much is the question, but the defense has to move to the middle of the pack as well to sniff 9 to 10 wins.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a little more than 5 - .500 +/- a game? - and in the mix for a playoff spot until the last week. What you describe would be my worst case scenario floor and would leave me feeling very frustrated, but if Zach Wilson proves a FQB and quiets the doubters and haters, I could live with that.

Brook! and REVISion like this.
  20. Cman68

I think ZW will prove to be serviceable in '22. Perhaps FQB in '23 as it took Josh Allen a few years to develop. This year should be about assembling all these new parts into something resembling a competent NFL team and Organization. On the outside, I see 7 wins only with a surprise in NE and BUF. Still too many new parts for a PO run. These guys still need to learn how to play and win as a team. Can't do that successfully in one TC and regular season. It will take at least one season if not more.