GAC - Post big free agent mock draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Man if I knew Jermaine Johnson would make it to 10 I’d lean to taking Hamilton at 4.

Definitely don’t like taking two edge rushers in top 10 but rest of your draft looks solid.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well since we signed another edge i'm thinking it's now KT/WR or Hamilton/johnson depending on whos avilable at 4

Rockinz likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The only way I see JD taking two "Edges" in the first is if he takes KT at 4 and Walker at 10, and then they move Walker to DT.

4. GasedAndConfused

we signed another rotational edge so now i'm thinking not likely. but remember JFM can always slide inside as well

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

updated it due to the new acquisition

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not something I'm advocating, just saying that taking two DL with the first 2 picks would only likely make sense if it was for those two guys. Just pure speculation on my part.

7. GasedAndConfused

it's gonna be interesting because with free agency JD did a great job of not leaving gaping holes so we really have the opportunity to draft who we want and not reach for need. I think edge is really important but outside of that nothing strikes me as a major need right now. and we have 4 premium picks in the top 40.

remember cole and crowder haven't signed anywhere either so it's possible to bring one back cheap to be a WR4/5

chandler and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I also wouldn’t rule out trading back from 4 for a team that is in love with a QB

9. GasedAndConfused

if KT isn't there and we get a bag i'd happily pass on hamilton for that but i really don't see it happening. seattle is rumored to take one 9 now and the commanders want one so i could see 8 as the 1st trade back spot maybe 7 with the giants.

10. Rockinz

If Carolina loose out on Watson they will be a player in the QB market or at least a threat to have to jump in front of.

Cromartie's_kid likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

I don't think they draft a rookie though. rhule is in a do or die year and wants a vet because his job depends on winning this year. the GM knows this too and won't want to draft a QB for rhule knowing he may not be there in 2023 and the new HC will probably want his QB. all signs point to them trying to land a vet like baker or garrapolo at this point. which is funny that they could have baker and darnold together

12. Rockinz

Baker and Darnold are busts. If I’m Rhule I wouldn’t touch Baker. Jimmy doesn’t fit his system either with the vertical passing game. If anything I could see them kick tires on Winston.. I got a feeling they would take Willis if he drops to 6. Now all we need is another team to want him more.. if KT isn’t there obviously… if not I’m perfectly fine with Hamilton. At first I didn’t like that option because Safety really isn’t a huge impact position but Hamiltons film is so good and he can play all over the field.

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

watson's people have said it's atlanta or saints for watson

14. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

If Hutch (not happening) or KT isn't there I still think there is a very good chance we take Neal or Ekwonu at 4.

There are plenty of ppl on this board who would be in favor of taking Linderbaum at 10 and cutting McGovern (freeing up $10mm). I get that line of thought. But quality Centers are not nearly as difficult to find nor do they cost as much as quality Tackles. The coaching staff seems to like Fant - a lot - but he's also on the last year of his deal w/ minimal $ guaranteed this year ($10mm in savings). JD always looks ahead and I believe he needs to figure out now what Fant will cost on an extension. If he doesn't resign, tackle becomes a massive need next year and could be VERY costly.

There is no way we tag Fant next year so I say lock him up now or take the tackle at 4. Then take Edge at 10.

15. GasedAndConfused

They want a vet, the issue is nobody wants to go there. they tried to get wilson and watson and rodgers and failed. rhule wants a win now QB. I agree baker is a bust and jimmy g is mediocre but rhule doesn't care about the future and wants to win now and the GM is on thin ice too. there is a good chance both are fired after this season in carolina sucks again. they have the D, they have a good skill position group (CMC, moore, robby) they just need a QB and a rookie isn't reliable and then you are stuck with a rookie who the new HC and GM won't like. I don't think they draft willis. at this point I htink jimmy g is most likely but taking a flyer on winston makes sense too. I think willis goes to seattle at 9 unless washington jumps them. I could see the commanders jumping to 8 for willis. ATL would love to trade back and get more assets. of course it's dependent on watson and if he chooses ATL then houston will have that 8th pick and I could see them taking willis with it which means seatle would have to jump them and lets face it, it's going to be interesting
    quality centers are hard to find though. quality lineman at any position in general. I get that we could in theory upgrade C, i'm not saying mcgovern is great. but he's solid, gets the job done and isn't an issue. he'll also be surrounded by the best OG team he's ever had in tomlinson and AVT. with guards like that, we can get by with a decent center and have a top 10 o-line. Rumor is we are looking to extend fant as well.

as far as neal and ekwonu go, personally i'm like no. don't get me wrong, love them both but I feel the o-line is set. only way i'd consider it is if JD swings a massive trade for fant or becton. Me and @MaximusD163 discussed this last night on the podcast we were recording. I wouldn't be fully against it it provides insurance for becton and it's likely we can get a good return for fant. lineman are at a premium especially LTs and we could get at least a 2nd for fant in the 2023 draft and not have to worry about resigning him. then we'd have 3 1st rounders we drafted on the line in back-back-back years on cheap rookie deals. we could still get an edge at 10 like Johnson. and a WR at 35 like watson and a DT at 38 like wyatt, winfrey or travis jones who maximus really likes.

KingRoach likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

They lost out. But Baker should be available.

Rockinz likes this.
  17. Rockinz

This is great for us if KT is gone at 4. There is a handful of teams that need a QB in the draft. All of them need to jump Carolina

18. Rockinz

I also like Jerome Ford a lot. He’s really under the radar with draft pundits but he’s the top 2 at the RB position in my opinion it’s Hall and Ford neck and neck. He had a really good game vs Georgia who had one of the best defences/DL in college football history.

He didn’t run super fast at the combine but has the football speed running away for a 60 yard TD vs Georgia. Love that pick GAC!

WW85 likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

i'm not convinced carolina takes a QB. I think they get a vet somewhere. rhule and the GM are trying to save their jobs and need a winning season now and a rookie QB isn't a great way to do that. I think jimmy g winds up there

20. Rockinz

Now Atlanta needs a QB too… I wonder if they try to Jump Carolina? They must like a QB to let Ryan go for a 3rd rounder…