Jets 2022 Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He also had 3 all-pro offensive linemen to give him the time he needed to make those passes, as we all know Marino was slower than Brady.

Short receivers are not bad, they just need to be exceptional.

Moore is a highly skilled receiver, if Jets can get one more like him, that would go a long way in helping Wilson.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

marino was slow as shit…but I think he was the BEST at knowing the pocket and eluding pressure with one or two steps sideways it forward … it like he had eyes in the back of his head…it was uncanny.

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

that and a switchblade release....so damn fast

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

That fake spike was brilliant (I wasn’t a Jets fan at the time, sorry if I struck a nerve)

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Not really. There are unwritten rules that all players know. The spike is one of them. Marino taking advantage of that was pretty low. First, when a QB lines up quickly and points to the ground he's letting the world know he's spiking it. D-line acknowledges this and no one crashes the LOS. Same as victory formation. When a D-lineman crashes a victory formation he gets chastised for it. Why? B/c the offense has signaled they're not running a play. It's not 'official', but everyone abides by it.

Except for scumbags like Danny 'scumbag' Marino. Don't praise him for it.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

calvin austin looks like a sleeper to me in the 4th/5th round

7. KingRoach

Is it the same unwritten rule as not hitting a QB when he’s running out of bounds?

On a separate note, remember the time Zach was running out of bounds, he saw the DB let up so he cut upfield for a touchdown? I loved that play but I’m sure the other fans think ZW is a total scumbag for doing that.

Btw. Poor comparison with the victory formation. It’s called the victory formation bc the game is over and there’s nothing the D can do about it. A QB clocking the ball does so because they’re behind and the game is far from over.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. KingRoach

I like him too but I’m a sucker for a WR with big hands. 5’10” with 10” hands is redic

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Lol can we get the average height of the Jets WR corps to 5 feet 9.5 inches?

10. GasedAndConfused

his RAS was ridiculous and on film he's a beast whos pretty much a complete WR. only gonna fall because he's small. he's really only just under 5'8"

KingRoach likes this.
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Joyner was going to start at FS before he got hurt. I like the competition. Pinnock showed he’s a good tackler so he can play in the box. Parks was solid. This just means Maye is gone I feel. I still think Hamilton is still in play though…

12. GasedAndConfused

that's the end game. shhh don't tell anyone

but seriously we could grab a pierce, ross, watson a littler earlier too. or sign chark. that gives us 2 big guys and 2 small guys as our top 4

13. GasedAndConfused

he's a year older and coming off an injury though. I mean if he's cheap and we don't plan to start him i'm good with it, but hopefully he's not penciled in as a starter

14. MaximusD163

How would you feel about Ekwonu and Johnson at 4 and 10?

Noam likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

I'm still not big on taking o-line at 4 TBH. i'd rather sign a FA RG, extend fant, and draft one or 2 later to develop. KT at 4 if he's there and if not take hamilton. johnson at 10 is fine with me if we don't get KT at 4

REVISion likes this.
  16. MaximusD163

You know how I felt about OL at 4 but since the combine happened we’ve had access to a lot of interview footage and I take that strongly into consideration… I really like Ekwonu, Hutchinson, Johnson, Gardner, Hamilton, and Wilson as Top 10 guys right now. I still have more research to do though

Noam likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

thats fair. I'm still not big on wilson at 10 but I agree he's clearly the top WR prospect.
    honestly if we are dead set at WR at 10, the rumor is seattle wants watson and it'll take 3 1st rounders to get him. they got 2 from the wilson trade i'd offer up 10 for metcalf. he's 95% chance better then any WR we get there. he's proven and he's only 24 years old. perfect outside WR for us and deep threat and contested catch guy. that means davis, metcalf, moore for our top 3.

seattle can then offer 9 and 10 for watson which probably has more value then getting 1st rounder next year that are unknown. seattle then has 2 2nds still this year and 5 more picks after that, and double 1sts next year and their FQB. they'll probably have to throw in a late pick as well which is whatever and in 2023 they'll have 2 1sts to help build the roster. I think it makes sense for all 3 teams. houston would then have 3rd, 9th, and 10th this year and get immediate return for watson as well as their 2nd and 2 3rd.

18. MaximusD163

I think they can get Watson regardless, but also I’m definitely not as high on Metcalf as a lot of people. I really like what he can do but I don’t think he’s worth a Top 10 pick in a trade

19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Couldn't they keep DK and still offer 3 (or more) 1sts?

20. MaximusD163

For sure