Daniel Jeremiah’s Top 50 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by MaximusD163, Feb 3, 2022.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

1. Aidan Hutchinson, ED, Michigan
    2. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State
    3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
    4. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
    5. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
    6. Kayvon Thibodeaux, ED, Oregon
    7. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
    8. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
    9. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
    10. Drake London, WR, USC

11. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
    12. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
    13. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
    14. George Karlaftis, ED, Purdue
    15. Travon Walker, ED, Georgia
    16. Jordan Davis, NT, Georgia
    17. Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M
    18. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh
    19. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
    20. Jermaine Johnson II, ED, Florida State

21. David Ojabo, ED, Michigan
    22. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
    23. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan
    24. Arndold Ebiketie, ED, Penn State
    25. Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
    26. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
    27. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State
    28. Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
    29. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
    30. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

31. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
    32. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson
    33. Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M
    34. Matt Corral, Ole Miss
    35. Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
    36. Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina
    37. Phidarian Mathis, IDL, Alabama
    38. Devonte Wyatt, IDL, Georgia
    39. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
    40. Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

41. Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
    42. Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State
    43. Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama
    44. DeMarvin Leal, IDL, Texas A&M
    45. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
    46. Isaiah Likely, TE, Coastal Carolina
    47. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
    48. Max Mitchell, OT, Louisiana
    49. Logan Hall, ED, Houston
    50. Lewis Cine, S, Georgia

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

By the time the draft rolls around, I think Ekwonu will be the first pick of the draft and KT will be there for the Jets at 4.

I'm hoping Burks is there for the Jets at 10; I'll be elated if he's the pick. 6'3, 225, gonna run a 4.4.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the Jets can figure out a way to get one of Dean/Lloyd. 10 seems it may be a bit early for them, but you never really know.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Ekwonu rising, I think he either is a Jaguar or Jet

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Could happen with a trade down from 10. Getting one of the top pass rushers and one of those LB's would be a great day 1. The offense could be addressed on day 2.

6. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

This might be easier said than done (especially since CAR is without a 2nd or a 3rd rounder), but I wonder if you could convince the Panthers to move up from 6 to 4 in order to leapfrog the Giants for Ekonwu/Neal

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s always interesting to see these “late risers” only to discover that they’re not really late risers because there hasn’t been a catalyst to move them up the board. The media’s draft guys just analyzed their draft spot incorrectly until they started to talk to all the scouts and team reps around this time. This is exactly what has happened with Ekwonu.

As far as Jeremiah’s board, I think he has some of these guys way too high.

Daniel Faalele - OL
    I’ve never understood the infatuation with Faalele and that’s come before we ended up with the Becton debacle. The guy has feet like a guard at best and plays with an ultra high pad level. There’s big guys and then there’s big guys that play high. I don’t think he makes it successfully in the NFL.

Isaiah Spiller - RB
    For the past four years, NFL analysts have beaten Saquan Barkley over the head for not being an in between the tackles runner and suddenly Spiller gets pumped up the boards? Almost all of the offensive lineman who blocked for Spiller will end up in the NFL, and while only one is a massive first round standout (Green), the group for the most part was incredible working together. For reference, I believe the stat was Kellen Mond was the best protected QB in FBS last year and they allowed something like 7 sacks.

Spiller’s a decent player and is definitely a fast receiving threat. He’s a waste if he’s drafted as anything more than a 3rd down back. He runs high and shoots off tackle as quickly as he can.

Phidarian Mathis - DT
    He’s doesn’t fit the bill of a traditionally extremely physically imposing Alabama defensive tackle and he doesn’t play like one. Alabama got pushed around in the interior when they faced NFL level guard play in LSU and Georgia.

Sam Howell - QB
    The truest definition of a one read and run quarterback. I had high hopes that Howell was going to take a big step forward and those hopes started to falter in their bowl game two years ago against Texas A&M. Gave him the benefit of the doubt against an elite defensive front, but he came back this year and looked like he regressed. He lost his top three offensive skill players to his credit, but if the ball wasn’t out when he was hitting his back foot, he was running up the gut.

He was nifty at it, but he’s as slow as Baker Mayfield and zero shiftiness. Not sure how he’s perceived as a top 40 player.

Isaiah Likely - TE
    I was excited about Likely when I first started to pay attention (and win money when they were underdogs every week two seasons ago) to Coastal. Likely is a nice player. He’ll probably test solidly at the combine in speed drills. But he’s not tall enough to be a matchup nightmare for a corner, fast enough to be a matchup nightmare for safeties or linebackers or big enough to be an every down in-line tightend to block well enough to stay on the field.

I like Likely in the fourth or fifth with the understand that he’s going to need some development. No way I think you touch him higher than that especially since it seems as though the Jets offense dictates the need for a true tightend first and foremost before they start exploring gadgets.

Trent McDuffie - CB
    I can’t say a word about him and I was shocked to see him mocked to the Jets. This is less a knock of his ranking and more of being rather confused as to how he went from what seemed to be a nobody to a top 15 pick. Maybe that’s my own ignorance. Washington was horrible this year so maybe he was hidden well.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  8. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

4 is starting to look really good

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to see the WRs at the combine. Burks, Landon seems to be mentioned more lately.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There's no way that London is a better prospect than Burks. Cross way down at #29?

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's definitely possible. I think London Is a better prospect as well. To each their own though.

REVISion likes this.
  12. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I agree 100% about Daniel Faalele - he's very raw and hasn't played that much football. To me he's just a very large man, who will get found out by the superior athletes in the NFL.

I think his ceiling, if he improves, is a Vlad Ducasse type career back-up but he could easily be a total bust and out of the league very quickly - a very risky pick for any team.

Losmeister and NCJetsfan like this.