Jets 2022 Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Nov 3, 2021.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We have 12 fuckin slot receivers. I don't care how tall he is, if he's the best player we have on the outside, you play him on the outside.

People need to get over their Mims mancrushes, he doesn't have the goods.

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It’s disappointing man, obviously he’s got some good stuff going on… But He’s either rocks for brains or lazy as hell. It’s the only answer for how unexpired they are to give him opportunities.

abyzmul likes this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree with both sides. Moore is too small (not just short but slight) to be outside all the time. But he can be productive outside as the #2. He's slipped in under the radar so we'll see how he does when defenses start game planning for him.

I think Moore can play on the outside but not as the #1 WR. He's a good slot/number 2 for most formations. He'd thrive with a true #1 on the other side. But so would all our receivers.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This is my last response to you on this question because it seems like you're looking to twist my words and pick a fight, and I have no desire to get into a hassle with you.

As a rule, I don't like small WRs on the outside. IMO they're fine in the slot.

Seriously? You know as well as I that playcalling can have a great impact upon stats. When Moore has been in the slot, he may not have gotten plays called that would lead to big gains or scores, or those plays may have failed for one reason or another.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would be shocked if Morgan, Mims and Perine are on the roster in '22.

Sack exchange likes this.
  6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think Mims gets one more year to show he can get on the field.

The other two, probably goners.

Pepsiguy5 and Cman68 like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

just to throw a few names out there for small outside WRs

steve smith, deshaun jackson, tyreke hill, brandon cooks, ODB, golden tate, randall cobb, ty hilton, antonio brown, wes welker,
    all were small WRs who played largely ourside and were top WRs

PJ4Ever likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

morgan isn't on the roster. he's on the PS. he'll likely be there in 2022 unless a team grabs him.
    perine i agree. even this walter kid looked better. carter is here for sure. i think we draft another RB. then walter, ty, perine fight it out. not sure if coleman comes back. Mims will be here for sure. the CS likes him he's had a rough go but the talent is there for him to stay.

mrjet80 and PJ4Ever like this.
  9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Wes Welker and Golden Tate were certainly not majority outside players. Good list otherwise. Actually neither was Randal Cobb. I mean they all played there occasionally, but mostly slot guys.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

tate was on the outside all the way until he left seattle and went to detroit and even then he only slid inside on 3 WR sets. later in his career he still played outside and inside in a more even split.
    welker was outside most of his career until the pats had TE issues. he was outside with the fins and broncos. the pats traded a 2nd for him and he played outside in a lot of double TE sets. he wasn't really a slot guy until he got older. people just tend to forget that.

11. PJ4Ever

All 3 were most successful as slot receivers. Inarguable.

12. GasedAndConfused

i mean the list of others i listed like 5 of them have shots at the HOF from the outside or at worst have been multiple time pro bowlers

PJ4Ever likes this.
  13. PJ4Ever

I agree, just saying those 3 weren’t good examples bc they were not as successful outside although of course they did play there.

14. GasedAndConfused

welker and edelman were odd cases because they did play a lot outside espcially welker. that was back when NE had gronk and hernandez and they ran 2 WR and 2 TE sets mostly and didn't use a slot WR. edelman came on to replace welker after hernandez was gone and played outside and inside in 3WR sets but they ran more 3 WR sets at that point so he played a lot in the slot. i'd agree edelman isn't a great example but welker was an outside guy mostly. I'll cede cobb as well. he was a gadget type player. tate was always outside though for both seattle and Det. he didn't do the slot thing until he got older. he did get to play opposite of megatron though which helped a lot no doubt

15. MaximusD163

From everything I could find on Ourlads and OvertheCap, this is the 2022 roster including futures contracts for 2022.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Thanks for doing this! It always helps to clarify things when you see it clearly laid out like this.

It won't all happen in one season, but looking at this, within the next two-three years if the Jets want to become true contenders for the Lombardi Trophy, I think the Jets need to make the following moves.

Offense
    QB
    - If the Jets don't see White as their long-term (relatively speaking) backup, then find one

RB - replace all but MC

TE - Replace all except maybe Yeboah. (I must have missed the Brandon Dillon pickup.)

WR - Replace all but Moore

LT - Upgrade the depth from Edoga

LG - Find a solid backup

C - Extend McGovern or find his replacement, and add a better backup

RG - Find a quality starter and a solid backup

RT - Re-sign Fant, switch Becton and Fant, or find a new starting RT and quality backup

Defense
    DE
    - Add a quality starter, possibly replace Lawson with another quality starter

DT - Add better depth, re-sign or possibly replace Fatukasi

LB - Replace Mosely, add another starting OLB, significantly improve depth at all 3 LB positions

CB - Add a veteran presence, hopefully one who is a ballhawk, possibly replace Echols with a better starting CB who is a ballhawk

S - The whole unit needs to be replaced, two starters and two backups. They can possibly move one or both of Sherwood and Nasirildeen back to S if they don't work out at LB.

Special Teams
    K - Find a quality long-term solution

LAJet and ouchy like this.
  17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure where else to post this. Say what you will about PFF, but interesting that Jason Pinnock played so strongly according to their metrics. He certainly stand didn't out (in a bad way) as much as Ashtyn Davis did and there's something to be said about not standing out as a safety. Wonder if the Jets have something with Pinnock at FS and bringing back Maye or Joyner as depth/competition is sufficient. Still need a SS, of course

#57 JetFanInPA, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    Nyjets4eva likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I don't think bringing back Maye or Joyner would be sufficient. Joyner never played a snap for us and is already 31. He hasn't had a good season in a long time. Maye had the DUI and didn't tell the Jets, is coming off injury as well, and didn't play that well when healthy. IMO the best way that we can upgrade our secondary is to improve the S position is by adding two safeties who have good ball skills, and who can tackle. These days most teams want flexible safeties who are interchangeable. That's what we need. "Sufficient" won't cut it.

I think PFF is full of crap. Pinnock played pretty well, but imo he's depth if anything, not a starter at this point.

19. MaximusD163

I think it’s because of how much of a threat vertically Gronk and Hernandez we’re. Welker played outside but still did a lot of shallow stuff if I remember right.

20. GasedAndConfused

yeah they typically ran gronk and hernandez up the seam deep which opened up welker for the shorter drag and in routes