Jets are picking 4th and 10th in the 2022 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 9, 2022.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think there are more good Edge prospects than you do. I have read good things about Enagbare, A. Ebiketie, David Ojabo, Jermaine Johnson, Travon Walker, Cameron Thomas, Myjai Sanders, and Sam Williams. Need to watch lots of film, but have seen Walker and Williams play, and they look they will be good.

IMO there are not a "bunch" of good safeties the Jets can get as FAs, but rather maybe 3-4 at best, and could only be1-2, and half of those may not make it to FA. Hamilton would make a huge difference in our secondary. He excels in coverage as well as being an enforcer vs the run. He would be a perfect fit in our scheme.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

McGovern has been good. Our OL is too spotty and thin to be letting any good players from it go.

3. NCJetsfan

Exactly, and not only has he been good, he has versatility since he can play both C and OG. He enables JD, if he wants, to take Linderbaum and move McGovern to OG, or keep McGovern at C, and draft an OG in the 2nd round or later. You don't get rid of players like that!

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I would be happy with Linderbaum at 10 as long as that pick at 4 went for defense.(either an outright pick or trade down). We used the first four picks last year on offense. Some good picks, but this year the jets really need to improve edge, linebacker and safety, either thru FA or draft or both.

Borat and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

McGovern has been good, but for whatever reason the offensive line has been horribly disorganized. It spans multiple centers though and I lay half of it at the quarterbacks feet. But McGovern needs to get his shit together with the line calls and help the kid out.

It’s likely understated how much a guy like Linsley has done for Herbert by taking some of this off his plate.

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

He hasn't been 9 million good which is the cap savings we'll get when he's sent walking in 2022. Or he will settle for a smaller guarantee.

7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I want Tyler Linderbaum from Iowa. Let's get a career center for our potentially career QB.

ouchy, ukjetsfan, Borat and 1 other person like this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--we blew it on Humphrey last year--I'm for overdrafting Linderbaum at #10. Just consider it as part of the compensation we got for Adams.

K'OB likes this.
  9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Kind of a crappy year to have the 4th pick haha. Figures. Trade down would be amazing, but easier said than done. If they stick at 4, I think many choices will seem like reaches. In a perfect world, I'd like to see them trade down from 4 and take a top WR, maybe Garrett Wilson, and Nakobe Dean with their two 1sts. Easier said than done though. Hopefully some QBs rise as they often do and 4 becomes a spot for somebody to move up for one.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Trade down from 4 if the top two DE's have gone and the OT, let them have the CB's and S and see what somebody will give us for the 4 and then take the C as low as possible or with our 10th and hopefully we will still have two 1st's left from trading the 4th.

WR, DT, DE next picks?

tomdeb likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's because we haven't had a great center for multiple years. Every year McGovern starts slow, then gets better individually, but still lack of communication on the line is apparent. If Linderbaum is as good as advertised, and he is basically projected to be like Mangold, this could improve ENTIRE Oline performance. Plus we could dump Feeney and keep McGovern as a starting RG and back-up C for a year. I think if Linderbaum is there at 10, I am running to the podium if I am JD.

ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.
  12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You really think we could move from fourth to first for just a single second-round pick?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I think Neal is going top 3

Round 1

4 - Stingley/Pass Rusher (if either Hutch or Thibs drops)
    10 - Hamilton/Ekwonu/

Round 2

Jameson Williams and Trey Mcbride

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Trading down will indeed be difficult as there are only three teams with multiple 1st round picks - Lions (2), Giants (2) and Eagles (3), and the Jets, Falcons and Broncos are the only teams with two 2nd round picks. The Broncos also have two threes, so it's possible we could trade down with them, get both their twos and at least one of their 3s if not both 3s. IMO the Eagles and Broncos are the most desirable teams with whom to trade down. I doubt the Giants would trade with us.

tomdeb and K'OB like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

There's no way that will or should happen. Jets fans need to get Tanny out of their system and stop with this crazy obsession with trading up. It makes me crazy.

17. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I really hope they trade that 4...use the 10 as 1st pick and maybe ,maybe do the same with one of the 2nd round picks. The more the merrier as picks go. We had a good draft this year, if we can do that again, it should put us in a good place. When was the last time we got at least 4 starters from a draft?
    Most of our picks, are out of the league by now!
    Really want to see how we approach FA.
    HOPEFULLY, a OL, CB, S,LB...something like that.

Br4d likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

2021 ;)

ColoradoContrails and tubby like this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Good plan.

DE, LB and safety all need upgrades. Might be better to solve safety in free agency however. I don't see DT as a need if they resign Foley. Franklin Myers can also play inside if needed. We definitely need a DE with Lawson uncertainty coming off ACL.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

IMO Broncos are most likely trade up partners with jets. Broncos are pissed they have missed playoffs again, just fired their coach, play in a very competitive division, are could be fleeced by jets in a draft day trade if jets play it right.