GAC Studs and Duds - Week 18 NYJ vs BUF 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 10, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

every week i seem to see some of the worst calls in different ways against us. it's kinda back breaking. I'd rather get stomped out by the other team then lose a game to the refs.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yup. Nine out of ten is good; four out of seventeen sucks. Context.

3. GasedAndConfused

being able to take out even 1 guy with a gun when you have a plastic knife is impressive given the situation. again context.
    for example look at the jags, they were worse then us last year. got the 1st overall pick to our 2nd. took the generational QB, had a rookie HC, OC, and and QB and a lack of talent. they didn't even suffer the injuries we did either. and they were still the worst team, did even worse then last year. 1st overall pick again, and fired their coach. they are the example of an F. people here wanted meyer. imagine if we hired him over saleh?

4. Ralebird

It wasn't my metaphor. Not my fault it failed.

Why should I look at the Jaguars? We're not grading the Jacksonville coaching staff, we're grading the Jets' staff, and how they performed against Buffalo. They were lousy by any objective metric. There is no "generational" QB in the NFL this year, there is no new "franchise" QB this year and if there was it would have nothing to do with what we're grading in this thread. Coaches don't get graded on injuries or draft picks, they get graded on their own performance based on what they had available. They get graded on the whole game, not a selective series or two or a couple of quarters. Inconsistency is a coaching problem. They did not perform as "studs" for four quarters by any stretch of the imagination.

5. GasedAndConfused

because you set up expectations based on whatever is in your head which is completely arbitrary and then get upset when they aren't met. for example I could expect you to act like reasonable adult, but i'd be stupid to do that because I know better, so I wouldn't get mad at you acting like a child, I expect you to based on context.

cval likes this.
  6. Ralebird

That's okay, it seems you're stupid regardless of what you're doing.

I didn't set up any expectations or anything else, I responded to a post about grades regarding a game of the Jets against Buffalo and you start writing about what a totally different team is doing. That may make a lot of sense to you but it's totally off topic. Go argue with yourself.

7. GasedAndConfused

because 20 posts later you still don't understand context but sure i'm the stupid on here. but please keep going and looking very ignorant. it's quite entertaining

cval likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What's depressing is after 2 high QB picks, multiple drafts, multiple FAs, we are STILL the team with plastic knives.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Happens on a weekly basis, it is what doesn't get called that also does the damage, the hold by the opposition that doesn't get flagged, a blatant non-facemask given against us, we really could fill 14 pages with bad calls, non-calls, we are bad enough under our volition without being cheated by the refs for whatever reason they do it and they do do it, the Diggs TD not given by ref closest, turned over by the head ref and then on review it can't be overturned again as not enough evidence to overturn the decision, that was like getting fucked twice in one go and everybody knew it wasn't a TD, not often you hear the booth muttering in the Jets favour.

#29 K'OB, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Great point. To me, if a ref is on the take he can change a game's outcome by the calls he doesn't make just as easily as making questionable calls. And not throwing the flag will raise less eyebrows.

11. Ralebird

Look, I'm fine if you want to keep calling yourself stupid, but don't call me ignorant because I believe a thread about the players and coaches of the New York Jets performance in a single game has no reference at all, even if you prefer to call it context, to a team or teams, players and coaches who were not on the field for the game in question. The Jets lost, and they lost badly - the coaching staff can only be awarded a sub-par grade.

12. GasedAndConfused

ignorant isn't an insult. If I believed the earth was flat, that would make me ignorant. you can continue to be ignorant or actually choose to open your ears to reality

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

A plastic knife ain't gonna cut through his bullshit...

bicketybam and GasedAndConfused like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Saying the Jets coaches did a good job in a game where their team lost by over 2 touchdowns and was outgained by over 400 yards is just as ignorant as saying the earth is flat

step off your pedestal

94Abraham and Ralebird like this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

said by someone who clearly never coached a team. tomlin just lost by 21 points, bellichick just lost by 30 points. I guess they are shitty coaches too. I don't have a pedestal. people who even think like that are immature.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No they aren't shitty coaches, but no one would say they had a "stud performance" after those games like you are

Jonathan_Vilma, Ralebird and ouchy like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

or maybe they did a good job with shit tools?

18. Ralebird

Oh, another post that simply attacks another opinion writer but does nothing at all to address the topic of what happened in week 18 when the Jets stunk up the joint. I guess the coaches were faultless in your eyes. What a surprise...not.

On the other hand, it might be interesting to see what is indicative of the Jets coaches doing a "stud-worthy" job against Buffalo but you'd apparently prefer to talk about other teams, other times and other staffs.

#38 Ralebird, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

20. GasedAndConfused

it's not an attack but I can't control the way you take things. clearly comprehension isn't your strong suit so IDK why i'd expect any different