From the "It takes Chutzpah" dept..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I guess after having to drive into Manhattan a lot at my previous employer and talking with colleagues in some other major cities, parking really isn’t some sort of price gauge by the Jets.

Not trying to defend the Johnson’s but the cost to park is kind of the going rate for any major event or in any major city. It’s just sort of the way it is. Try parking a SUV in Manhattan for half a day…

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Damn the opposing teams fan bases, that fill the majority of the seats, are going to be pissed

BrowningNagle and Br4d like this.
  3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I don’t bargain with my wife to get time to watch Judge Judy

4. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

What's worse is sending out invoices in January !!! They used to go out in late March / early April...

Time to drop the price on my psl's, no way am I paying to see the trash they've presented the past decade.

Brook! likes this.
  5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

We finally got Todd Bowles and Mike MacCagnan's contracts paid off, but I think we still owe another year of salary to Adam Gase for 2022. THAT'S where a part of the $$ still goes, :D

Cman68 likes this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

The Johnsons paid 635mm for the franchise in 2000.

According to Forbes, the franchise is worth 4.05 Billion in 2021.

So in terms of equity, the Johnsons are up about 3.4 Billion bucks over the last 21 years. That means they make about 162 million a year in equity before operations.

It's just greed to charge $50/parking and raising ticket prices--they want to make more money.

As long as the Johnsons are seen by the State legislature as the ultimate decision maker on these matters, fans are screwed. The truth is that the fans are contributing to the franchise through their taxes for stadium construction, road access, all the infrastructure a State provides yet the State lets the population get ripped off.

The NYJ should be regulated like public utilities--they are a fabric of the society and in that sense they are responsible to the stakeholders to keep profits reasonable--and to provide good service.

BrowningNagle, Brook! and Br4d like this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Whatever the Johnson's are making they could probably quadruple it by getting their own stadium.

I've never understood the MetLife thing. That's just like throwing money away.

REVISion likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

She's just trying to help...

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"Target run" style is the way to go. Reduce prices on parking and concessions and the fans would end up buying spending more money anyway.

Kid wants a $150 Jets jersey at the game. "Fuck that son, I paid $60 just to park! Its $19 for a beer, you craazy" vs.
    "Ya know, only $15 to park, I had more than a few $5 beers. We're makin out here, son, what the hell, go ahead and grab one"
    --

Woody Johnson though has never been smart

Brook!, Acad23 and IDFjet like this.
  10. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

In December 2021 I was successful in getting the Jets to stop the "automatic renewal" on my season tickets.

Not sure how that got started but now I have the ability to choose what I do and when or if the $ goes to the Jets.

It is an arrogant move on their part to promote higher cost season tickets and parking as a better value than the last 5 years.

What have they done to improve the experience?

Entertainment budget can be better spent elsewhere...thinking an overnight charter to the Hudson Canyon on Blue Runner targeting Big Eyes!

Same cost, better value...

Brook! likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This would make sense if their ticket sales were suffering badly. They took a dip to 7th in attendance this year but we’ve been top 5 in attendance every year since 2006. And ESPN doesn’t have complete data before that.

I also suspect the dip this year was more Covid cautiousness related than anything else.