Robert Saleh: Year End Grade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 9, 2022.

?

Your Year End Grade for Robert Saleh

1. A+ to A-

1.3%
  2. B+ to B-

25.6%
  3. C+ to C-

42.3%
  4. D

21.8%
  5. F

9.0%
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I appreciate your input for today, I didn’t see that as I only passively watched today during a family event.

But it’s week 18. Where has the guy been that I saw at SF?
    It’s not about tearing into a player, it’s about motivating a team.

I actually really like Saleh and am rooting for him.
    But finishing last in the league defensively while the team shows no passion?
    Those are the aspects he was hired for.

Red Menace and JackBower like this.
  2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Saleh gets a D since he is a former D coordinator and brought us the worst defense in team history.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

His biggest error was not shaking up the coaching staff when they went from bad to worse but just letting his early setup drive the bus off the cliff.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

D

The roster sucks, but we were one loss to Jacksonville* away from the first pick in the draft. Good coaches don't get curbstomped 1/3rd of season, even with a bad roster.

* Because Shotty Jr is an idiot that had Lawrence spike the ball

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The Jets could have the greatest draft ever this year and it will the same pathetic play due to Saleh inability to coach up player and make adjustments. Lafleur has been awful all year long. I hope someone offers him a job so he can leave. I gave Saleh a D.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Blank stares from the sideline. Yep thats about it.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

D - where was the fire?

He needs to take over the D play calling as well and see what can be got out of them.

papapump likes this.
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I really don't want to see him do that. It would be a step backward imo. He's a head coach now, not a glorified DC. Get the people under him to do better would be the first thing to look at. A basically for the improvements we saw during the season and getting a bunch of no hopers to play hard and not give up.

FJF, ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.
  9. K'OB

A step backward from what exactly?

He may as well be the HC and call the D plays over the numpty that is there now but that is just my opinion, seems to work for our hated rivals.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...caller_for_each_nfl_team/s1__35857541#slide_1

Also seems to be a few HC O play-callers as well
    https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...aller_for_each_nfl_team/s1__35857394#slide_31

Though I won't argue that getting people under him to improve wouldn't go amiss either.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i want an overweight Rex back.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ROBERT SALEH IS 0-1 IN MAKING PROPER REAL ESTATE DECISIONS FOR THE NYJS :mad::mad::mad:

Jonathan_Vilma and Since1969 like this.
  12. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

hell he wasn’t even joe judge. Judge and Meyer are f coaches.

I voted c because there was no incomplete opinion.

how do you grade a coach with youngest team in the league and with all the injuries fairly.

you can’t.

Lam

13. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

C for an average rookie year for a coach with a rookie QB and most of the roster being young. Next year is when I'll be critical with grading.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

We’ll see. I’m not saying you’re wrong or will be wrong but I can’t write anyone off after 1 year. I do disagree on LaFleur, think he’s in the same boat as Zach. Started off really slow but improved as the year went along.

2022 will be a huge year for everyone, Saleh, JD, Zach, etc.

Competitive football has to be the expectation. Our season cannot be over by October. Not saying we have to make the playoffs but we need to be in the mix or no one will be safe.

FJF, boozer32 and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

A step backward from having a HC that oversees both the O and D. That's been a common whinge on here for a long time about our HCs. Saleh is at least trying to do that. It was refreshing to see him chewing out the OL yesterday. He couldn't do that if he was calling the D. Maybe I'm just scarred from remembering Rex not knowing what was going on with the O because he was concentrating on D on the sidelines, not to mention Gase, his play drawing tablet and the Williams cover zero blitz with the game on the line.

FJF and stinkyB like this.
  16. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I gave Saleh some extra points for this alone:

I watched the post-game press conferences of both Saleh and Joe Judge yesterday. Compared to Judge's ranting and fake tough-guy approach, Saleh looks like a grown-up who might actually become a pretty good head coach. Then again, when the comparison is with Joe Judge, it's hard to come out looking bad.

17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I said D. Yes, the roster has a lot of holes, but a good coach should at least make a weak team competitive, even if it doesn't translate into wins. Salah didn't seem to know how to use his guys to their strengths, and he didn't seem to have answers to when the team was getting completely overrun. He spent much the season looking like a deer in the headlights. I hope he spends this season relaxing, regrouping, and being able to clearly see what went right and what went wrong. He has to know that next year is do or die. The Jets have to, at the very least, be in the playoff hunt next year; they need to be near or over .500.

westiedog1 and Since1969 like this.
  18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

It's mind-boggling how many successful coordinators have that deer-in-the-headlights look when they get promoted to head coach. Predicting which coordinator will make a good head coach is as much of a crapshoot as predicting which hot-shot college QB will become a good NFL QB.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So now that I’ve gotten over his housing situation, I gave him a D. Not that I think he had a ton to work with, but the defense was awful and we were 4-13.

After watching the 49ers defense get after quarterbacks all year long, I believe Saleh was really a one-year wonder where the stars aligned in 2019 to be unbelievably dominant based on talent and not coaching. His track record was pedestrian otherwise.

westiedog1, stinkyB and BrowningNagle like this.
  20. K'OB

But Saleh is already like that with the O see the QB sneak last week?

I'm not overly bothered I just think Salah would be better than Ulbrich but then again a know nowt Brit would be better, right? ;)