Jets are picking 4th and 10th in the 2022 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 9, 2022.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If one of the top pass rushers falls to us, great. If not, there will be good prospects to pick from. And trading down is a possibility too.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

What rebuild?
    All I’ve seen is tear down.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Think for Denver we have enough Capital this year.

I'd be interested in their first rounder next year, just keep spreading the draft picks over years to help providing capital each and every year we can.

Still would leave us with the 2 top 10 picks this year.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Depending on what we get for the #4 I'd be in favor of this.

We need a WR+DB or LB in the first round and an OL+TE in the second.

FJF and Br4d like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I edited my post after you liked it, and added the following:

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

I disagree. The heck with next year, we still have a lot of holes and needs, and need to add more talent THIS year so that next year we can challenge for the playoffs. Besides, with a new HC and maybe a better QB, that pick could be pretty low. Denver has more talent than we do.

7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

2 1st’s (one in 22 and one in 23) and both of their 22 2nd’s sounds good to me.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We could make 4 1st and 2nd round picks and take a LB, a CB, an Edge and a TE and massively improve the talent on the Jets vs the NFL at large.

We could make all those picks and take 2 LB's, a CB and an OL and do that also.

There are virtually no combination of high picks we can make next year that won't improve the jets as long as we make as many of them as we can.

This is because the Jets blow chunks right now with a few bright spots amidst a sea of "chunks".

REVISion likes this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have made a lot of picks the last few years and should make a lot in '22. Unless we whiff on all of those we're definitely in a build process.

The tear down was inevitable because the Jet's MO the last decade built nothing for the future and whether you tear sand castles down or not the sea will definitely get them in short order.

10. NCJetsfan

I disagree that we need a DB in the 1st round. The only way I would agree with that is if Hamilton is the DB, and I'd rather have an Edge or my choice at WR over Hamilton. WR is a huge need, and I don't want to wind up like last year trying to get a WR in the 2nd round and all the top WR prospects were taken in the 1st round (except Mims and Claypool). If the Jets don't feel comfortable with Echols as the #2, then they need to go all out to sign a FA CB, or they can take one in the 2nd round. We can also get a good S in the 2nd round.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I doubt that Denver would give up two 2s this year and then their 1st next year. That's getting greedy. Besides, we need the picks more this year (2022 not 2023).

12. REVISion

I agree WR in the first round is an absolute must.

FJF and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

2 of the 1st 4 picks have to be OL - especially after watching buffalo manhandle them today. forget the injuries and stuff. it has to be.

stinkyB likes this.
  14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

All part of the negotiation.

This all depends on if Denver really wants one of the QB’s anyway. The good thing is the Jets are in a good spot for QB needy teams to trade up.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

JD let a ton of guys go in their early and mid 20s.
    Just to use resources to replace them with comparable to worse options.
    That’s a tear down, not a rebuild.

What has been done to rebuild and improve?
    The team is no better than when he got here. In fact I’d say it’s been worse.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Why do you think a DB is so important in the 1st. Remember that Saleh said that CB is not that important in his scheme. Do you not like Echols? Do you think we need a topnotch prospect and move Hall to the #2 spot?

If we could sign a young CB like Chandon Sullivan (3 interceptions), Bobby McCain (4 interceptions), Donte Jackson (2 interceptions), Eli Apple (2 interceptions) to compete with Echols and Dunn, would that not satisfy you? Some other youngish CBs potential available are Carlton Davis, Sidney Jones, Ryan Neal, Nik Needham, and Dane Cruikshank. Mackenzie Alexander could also be available, but he's 28. Still, he could give us a good 2-4 years. I think what we need in the CB room and secondary is a solid veteran. Of course, I'd prefer JC Jackson if he were to make it to FA, but don't think there's any way that he would sign with us even if NE let him walk (which they won't).

There are others as well. I just tried to look for those under 27 who played over 400 snaps this year and who appeared in at least 16 games (to indicate good health).

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/cornerback/

mrjet80 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

I disagree with this. One should be definitely. We need to add an OT prospect and an OG or C prospect. I agree on that. Hopefully LDT and Clark will be back next season and healthy. We can also draft another OL in the 3rd or 4th round. We have huge needs at LB, S, WR, TE, and lesser needs at CB and RB.

I like that you want to put strong emphasis on the OL to protect Zach and open holes for the RBs. JD is going to have to fill some of our needs on both offense and D in FA. There could be some good/very good OGs available in FA. Unfortunately, the options aren't nearly as good or plentiful at C or OT.

18. REVISion

I think CB and S are important positions and I think unless we trade down, a DB of some sort is going to be the BPA at one of our first round picks.

I'd be semi-satisfied with getting a CB in FA though they may not be cheap and we still need help at S. Joyner is getting old and Davis sucks.

Assuming we don't trade down, I think the order of our picks should be:

4: WR or CB/S
    10: Whichever we didn't take at 4 or possibly an EDGE/LB
    35: OL or TE
    38: Whichever we didn't take at 35

This could definitely change based on how the picks fall before us but that's my early read on how it should go with who will be available.

#38 REVISion, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

They did themselves dirty too. Cost them the division title.

AJW and stinkyB like this.
  20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I agree. They should avoid drafting a CB this year. They drafted 4 the last two years - they have all shown promise and they’re still learning. The CB room is extremely young. Why draft another especially with all the other holes in the team. If one wants to argue to add another CB go the FA route. Add a little experience to the position. Teach the younger guys. I would much rather they draft for the front 7 including EDGE. Maybe with an aggressive pass rush the young CBs look even better next year.

If the CBs falter in ‘22 or shown they have already hit a ceiling then go high for CB in ‘23. But this coming draft they really need to hone in on the OL, TE, add another WR, S and work on that front 7.

NCJetsfan likes this.