Jets showed they belong today! (I could be wrong.. LOL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

In spite of folks claiming the Jets were too young, too inexperienced, too anything to hang with the mighty Buffalo Bills, they showed up to play today. Once they got settled, the Defense played their best game of the year today. This was no blowout and it reminded a bit of the old days when the teams were more evenly matched.

The offense otoh, picked a terrible time to get intimated. Especially the OLine that obviously missed to flight to Buffalo. Yes, the Bills have the #1 defense but as many times that the Jets had the ball, the game planning just was not effective at all and no adjustments were made. Passing plays were telegraphed as were the running plays. Half the time the Buffalo D was in the backfield as if they knew the snap count. Even at full strength, this game plan was DOA.

The Jets can hold their heads up. They played hard on defense but in the end, just like last week, couldn't get it done against a superior opponent. At least they didn't fold like a cheap lawn chair.

I don't expect a quantum leap in '22 either. But what they displayed these last two weeks at least gives us a reason to look forward to the draft and '22.

RIP 2021 New York Jets.. You played well today..

Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ, stinkyB and 8 others like this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The defense played well today, but I have a hard time really singing the teams' praises when we racked up a whopping 52 yards of offense, and 40 of it came on one play.

stinkyB, ouchy, barfolomew and 2 others like this.
  3. Cman68

I was really giving kudos to the D. The offense?, well lets just call them a work in progress. They didn't get smoked like the first game and for a while, it was competitive. I wasn't looking for a win, I was looking for the Jets to show up and play today. Well, at least the D showed up.. MLF???

#3 Cman68, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    barfolomew likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Given 3 of the starting WRs were out to start, and they lost Crowder right away, coupled with OL play that was terrible even considering they were missing guys there too, it might've been worse. Although 52 total net yards is disgusting no matter what. The defense finally showed up and played their hearts out.

Nine sacks! Jesus! The only good thing on the offense side was Zach didn't get seriously hurt.

Not a good way to end the season.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Look at the skill positions and offensive linemen they trotted out there today. The talent gap between the Jets offense and Bills defense was just way to high.

Zach got hit by a free rusher on a fucking handoff man.

Jets81, REVISion, Red Menace and 6 others like this.
  6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

While we came out scrapping our defense and special teams were not enough to make up for our anemic offense.

barfolomew, westiedog1 and Cman68 like this.
  7. Cman68

Almost the way they started the season...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

The Jets offense is really bad - the niners were able to run the ball playing with a makeshift OL that had a guy at left tackle that played 1 game as a guard this season and that is it going up against the Rams because they have quality backs and great skill players (other than the QB)

One of the many problems we have going forward is we have so little to build on on either side of the ball - we really are like a new expansion team at this point - I need to find a USFL team to root for and hopefully they might win something.

ouchy and LAJet like this.
  9. Cman68

I wonder what Saleh told these guys after the game today..

[​IMG]

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And BTW: Allen has a lot of balls complaining about the hit he took as he was going out of bounds. When you use the pump fake and then pull it down and run, the defense has the right to make sure you're actually going out of bounds. Pussy.

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

LaFleur left a bad taste in my mouth, but I'm glad how they ended the year strong for the most part

papapump and Cman68 like this.
  12. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

I don't want to hear that the Jet offense was bad.

• Buffalo is the #4 defense. They were at home. Playing for the conference championship and a home playoff game.
    • Jets were missing 3 starting offensive linemen.
    • Jets were missing their top 4 WRs.
    When you don't have WRs that get open, and you don't have a mediocre OL, and you're playing a top defense who's fired up, that's going to happen.

I'm happy with 0 turnovers for Zach in the last 5 games, after his tough start.

Our greatest obstacle is finding the injury gremlin hiding under the Meadowlands.

Jets81, LAJet, NY Jets68 and 7 others like this.
  13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The offensive line has been terrible more often than not this year. Even though the offense was bad today, I think LaFleur did learn and improve. Even though the defense was better today, I STILL think Jeff Ulbrich should go. "Bend don't break" defense never wins championships.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

And no interceptions!

NY Jets68, FJF, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Giving up 420 yards on defense never gets past the mediocrity level. Buffalo had 25 first downs - hardly indicative of a defense that played well.

Bills over Jets and jets_fan like this.
  16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jets showed the belonged today - in the newly formed USFL - maybe we could swap places with the New Jersey Generals - might actually get a competitive season?

Bills over Jets likes this.
  17. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Josh Allen w/ the wind: 12/15 122 yds 2 TD
    Josh Allen against wind: 12/30 117 yds

I’d say the wind did more to neutralize our offense in quarters 2 & 3 than the Jets defense did, but what do I know…..I’m just dumb Bills fan troll!

Bills over Jets and barfolomew like this.
  18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I must have been watching a different game.

ouchy, jilozzo and Bills over Jets like this.
  19. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

We are not even NFL grade at this point. No sugar coating it. We don’t attract good free agents because we are so bad. Unless our next 3 drafts go well, we are not going to improve. Why as Jets fans should we have hope at this point? Not encouraged by a 4-13 finish. We are still years away.

westiedog1 likes this.
  20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

No wr , missing the starting center, third string LT against the number 1 defense in bad weather. We really only had two quarters with the wind to be able to throw the ball. The o-line was bad and we were throwing to receivers I never heard of.

Good lesson for what it takes to win in Buffalo. I'm still encouraged by the heart the team has shown. We need a strong off season and somehow avoid the injury bug. It seems we get hit harder than most teams for the last 5 years.

I still think we can make a huge jump next season and as CMAN says no more excuses.