2022... Make or break year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I don't blame you. Red Sox fans are assholes.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Now that really is unlucky, the poor old sod.

I'll be 81 in 2053, what a depressing thought. (if I even get to 81, of course lol)

b.reyes16, Br4d and Cman68 like this.
  3. The Rexecutioner

Douglas is horrid. The fact that he has an all rookie coaching staff with a rookie QB is beyond stupid. Not getting a veteran QB to help Wilson in the start of the year was all time stupid. Douglas is proving he stinks. I have no faith in him.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The alarming part is that this team has shown absolutely no improvement since Week 1 and has even seemed to regress. You can use all the excuses you want, but doesn't anyone seem to find it rather alarming that the team sucks more now than it did at the beginning of the season? This is the #1 sign of a program which is heading in reverse. At least we have some bullshit meaningless slogan to chomp on and be mocked with. From "all gas and no brakes" to "all broke and out of gas".

SOJAZ, Jojo, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  6. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I gave up wasting my sundays on the jets a long time ago I watch the games on dvr I have no exceptions this team is a loser some way some how that needs to change its culture

Royal Tee likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

All Gase, no breaks.

Jojo and Royal Tee like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

In the immortal words of Casey Stengel: "Can anybody here play this game??" (1962 Mets reference for you youngins).

9. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Funny you say that - I'm 52 and I've started to think about my mortality lately. I keep thinking that the Jets will eventually win when I'm 95 and on oxygen, barely have my wits about me, and my kids, grandkids, great-grandkids and all their friends will have gathered around to salute the old pile of bones in the corner, crying out of pity because they finally won for me after all those years of misery.

I'd rather die first than be someone's symbolic sufferer.

SOJAZ and Br4d like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Woody is trailblazing, man. He's doing a full strip down rebuild of the fanbase. Only the young, stupid and moderately wealthy will survive. You are dead wood.

SOJAZ, Ralebird and Br4d like this.
  11. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Well said.
    This EXACT SAME squad, Mike Tomlin as coach??.. we have a playoff shot still.
    Theres always excuses, and bullshit repetitive, post game bullshit comments that never match up to reality of play.
    Does anyone give a fuck about...
    "We had a great practice this week leading up to the game...."
    Shove it. They dont just lose, they get manhandled. Its disgusting watching it, but most of us to...to the final whistle.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Hahahaa thats fuckin great!!

SOJAZ and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Will be sorry to see you go, but imo you couldn't be more wrong about the QB.

14. NCJetsfan

I don't think one can make blanket statements like that. Hopefully, we won't have as many injuries next season or Covid to deal with and we will win more than 7 games, but injuries are part of the game. We still have a LOT of holes on this roster. JD could have another great draft like this year, and due to injuries or a poor job by Saleh, the team still not win 7 games. The team could start off hot with Zach starting, then perish the thought, he could go down with a season-ending injury and the team struggle the rest of the season and wind up with only 6 wins. In that scenario, it would be foolish to fire JD. Very, very few teams win a lot of games with their backup QB.

tomdeb likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Not just any waiver wire pickup would be able to pick up this complex offense in just a couple of days.

#75 NCJetsfan, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    tomdeb likes this.
  16. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

And next season sees The Jets @Cleveland, @Pittsburgh, @Green Bay and @Minnesota in addition to three tough divisional games on the road. That is not looking spectacularly favorable is it?

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Excellent point! That is why it is silly imo to choose arbitrary win totals as the deciding factor regarding one's GM and/or HC.

18. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call win totals an "arbitrary factor" in determining job security. We've been bad for over a decade straight now. I actually consider this year an improvement since we're starting to see young guys who are going to make up a solid core. With that said, we need to keep improving, which means more wins next year than this year.

Saleh is getting ripped a bit right now, but i generally think he is doing things the right way. I'm not seeing the GameDay management mistakes you usually see from rookie. He's not micromanaging or over-involving himself in play-calling. He's not treating our guys like college kids (i.e Urban Meyer) and talks a lot about building a good culture--and it looks like our guys really respect him.

Definitely glass half full right now, but we're seeing progress in the right direction in terms of roster talent, culture and wins. If it doesn't translate next year, that's when we should worry, but right now we should be feeling okay about things. It's just hard to think about rebuilding years when we've been bad for so long, but when you've been bad for so long, it's really difficult to correct.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well your gonna have to wait a bit longer. 2022 is still going to be a rebuilding year. we won't have a "make or break" year until probably 2024. 2023 should be the year we compete for a playoff. zach will be in year 3. JD will have had 4 drafts and 4 full offseasons. the 2020, and 2021, 2022 drafts will be at full potential for better or worse and he should have a few instant contributers from the 2023 and 2024 drafts. we'll be done with bad contracts form previous regimes, MLF and saleh will have their systems completly installed and the players to run them.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What would you think of the jets taking OT Neal at #4 if he fell to them? My own opinion is yes, then use the next three picks (the other number 1 and the 2 2's on defense). In no particular order-- edge, LB and secondary. The jets GOT to get some guys for the back seven who can TACKLE! They are the worst tackling team I have ever seen! I do not see Davis as a long term answer at safety because he takes bad angles and he looks like he is afraid of contact.