Did Zach Wilson.....?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Your grade for Zach as of Week 14

1. Met my expectations

16.5%
  2. Didn't meet my expactations

83.5%
  1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He's much more decisive since he's come back from his knee injury and makes the right decisions. The Jets have next to no playmakers on their offense, especially with Moore and Davis on IR. The yardage and touchdown passes will come.

On a different note, the biggest difference I saw between Zach and Trevor today is that Zach was able to manufacture his own plays. Both TDs came on broken plays; the long TD scramble and the TD pass to McDermott on a scramble drill.

Acad23, Mogriffjr, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Lawrence was a disaster under pressure. Outside of a dart he threw for 25 on the run I thought he looked very uncomfortable once things broke down. That sack and fumble was just abysmal.

NCJetsfan, bicketybam and NYJFOREVER like this.
  3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Teams have been saying that for 14 years and they've all managed to survive.

4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

If only the Jets had a pass rusher and could get pressure. He had all day to throw the ball pretty much all game with a few exceptions.

Sack exchange likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

Not that we have a pass rush when everyone is healthy, but we were missing literally all 4 projected opening day starters on the DL and 4
    of them actually have been starting all season. Again, baffling that Lawrence couldn’t put up points against this defense.

Noam and bicketybam like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

Lawrence: 11 TD, 19 TO in 15 games
    Wilson: 11 TD, 12 TO in 11 games
    Fields: 9 TD, 15 TO in 12 games

Not saying any of these are good, but two are definitely worse than the other. And oddly it’s only the “other” that gets labeled a bust.

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The Bears offense looked much better with Foles starting.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Have any of the other 2 won rookie of the week multiple times? I think only chase, parsons and samuel have won it more times.

9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Genuine question did you leave Mac Jones off this list for a reason?

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

THATS MY QUARTERBACK

bicketybam and Borat like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

Because he’s not comparable to the three guys I listed? I’m not naming the best rookie QBs, I’m comparing guys who have somewhat similar numbers and pointing out how only one gets labeled a bust.

bicketybam likes this.
  12. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Mac has been trending down, he was abysmal today!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Zach was decent today. Got job done. Mostly with legs. With running game working really not pressed force the passing game. With the defense we have, lucky to have the win. To be honest Lawrence should have ran it in instead of going out of bounds. The jets team left a lot of points on the field. Some really bad play calls in red zone. What burned me was that they took the ball out of Carter’s hand in goal line. Some really curious play calls, and decisions not to take the points. Lawrence had ALL DAY to throw and his receivers left catches on the field. But Lawrence missed a couple of easy TDs where his throws were bad. Zach was pretty much on target except for a couple of errant throws. Jets should have ended the game with TD, but could not get done. Dropped a pick six on next to last play. If he makes that, Lawrence would have had 2 bad fumbles, one he got lucky on and a pick six with game on the line. Not a good look. I don’t know how anyone could say he played better than Zach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Zach was alright today. The problem is his good games are alright, and his bad games are terrible. He hasn't had a great game yet, and it's a 50/50 shot that he's alright or terrible.

Jets79 likes this.
  15. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Zach has now had three straight games wo a TO. You first have to learn how to not be bad before you can learn how to be good. He currently has absolutely no playmakers to throw the ball to. Overall, I had expected a better year from Zach going in, but under the circumstances of no weapontry to help him out and an, at best, inconsistent line in front of him, I cant complain right now. Two difficult games ahead, and if he can play decently in them we just might have a franchise guy down the road.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You throw in the runs he played better than decently.

Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

When was the last terrible game he had? No credit for improvement? Isn't that what we want?

Ozymandias and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago against the Saints. But anyway, let's see him play against the Bucs and Bills; if he gets through those without playing terribly, then that's indicative of improvement.

Jets79 likes this.
  19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He still put up over 20 with no running game and castoff receivers. To act like this is some knock on Lawrence is silly. Lawrence was solid and accurate. He had a few plays where he bailed early on and took some needless sacks and the fumble but overall he did some nice things. From an accuracy standpoint, he is ahead of Wilson. Lawrence will be better once he a #1 WR and Travis Etienne back next year.

westiedog1 likes this.
  20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

His accuracy was not very good in this game. He missed a bunch of easy throws and faced zero pass rush. The Jets had the worst defense in the league before they were missing the entire D-line.

I am not sure how you can praise lawrence and criticize Wilson. Wilson had no receivers and third string LG, center, RG