Playoffs or Bust!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenFan15J, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Don't worry after the draft and FA, everyone will be proclaiming a dynasty is born, which will crash and burn after the first quarter of opening day.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What doesn't destroy them might make them better..

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

no - not a hope in hell - we are the worst team in our division so how are we suddenly going to become the best? only way we can dramatically improve is by pulling off a trade for Deshaun Watson but even then our terrible defense would result in too many losses

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't think the product is worse I think it is more that younger people especially have less interest in sports because there are so many other things to occupy their minds/time - in the UK at least it seems like way more teenagers and kids play FIFA on their consoles than actually watch football matches - throw in streaming on netflix etc and there is near limitless entertainment so committing to watch 3+ hours of a game just isn't on the menu

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Not going to happen, this Similac CS has no answers for anything or anyone, Wilson is toast, especially with no running game and very few playmakers. In order to get through that schedule Jets need to be dominant on offense and defense and that won’t happen without elite playmakers.

Jets don’t have elite talent or coaching, and they won’t have it next year either.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I'm ahead of you... went to 1 game this year, may go to Tampa game but that is only if I see something worth watching the next few weeks.

My PSL's are up for sale on 2 sites and I will drop the price every month until someone buys them. I'll still be a fan but after 25 years I will no longer be a season ticket holder.

FWJ

GreenFan15J likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They certainly won't PAY for elite talent that's for sure...

ouchy likes this.
  8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

trouble is even if they did then they would either get injured or rapidly deteriorate as soon as they got here

NY Jets68 and Cman68 like this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What the Jets need to do if they're going for year 2 of The Zach Wilson Experience is to really fortify the run game. A couple of OL they're planning to start by round 4. A TE early also. A RB that has mainstay potential.

Then they can give him the rookie bubble he should have had this season. Plan to run the ball at least 55% of the time and make his downfield throws meaningful.

They're going to have a complete disaster on their hands by mid-October next year if they just spit him out on the field with the plan to throw 60-65% of the time. The NFL is going to send him packing with his tail between his legs and Douglas and Saleh will follow at the end of the season.

If the Jets want to run the offense they tried to install this season they need another QB to do that. Zach Wilson is unfit to play in a pass-first offense. He just doesn't throw the ball that well unless he is airing it out and the NFL lets nobody air it out without establishing the run or short passing game first to set that up.

Based on the Jets history of the last two decades I expect them to crash and burn next year because there are no pilots in the organization capable of fixing the problems they have created for themselves.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Herm
    Mangini
    Rex
    Bowles

None of them have had any success as a HC since getting their big chance with the Jets. Were like the kiss of death for rookie HCs.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have been pounding the table for this for years. I said the Jets needed to draft Sewell this year and continue to build a stone wall for their next QB.

I stand by your above post and will stand by it as long as I live and follow football, there is no need to be a pass first offense if you don’t have the ability to do so!

Br4d likes this.
  12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yep, I mean Colts beat the Patriots last night and Wentz's numbers were 5/12 for 57 yards - because Taylor also got 170 yards rushing!

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Most rookie HC's fail in their first job. Some times they get lucky and they are handed a really good team. Once in a long while they have just the right mix of knowledge, tenacity and luck to stick without having a particularly good team.

It's a common misconception that the hot coordinator is ready to run an NFL football team as a rookie HC. Mostly you need a college coach with some knowledge of how the NFL works from prior exposure at the coaching level, coordinator or otherwise. If you can find a *good* NFL HC to come in and run things for you you're likely to get the best results but those guys are rarely available and expensive when they are.