To Fans Who Root for Us to Lose

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Dec 13, 2021.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

My bar is set so low right now that I honestly don’t get too excited over the outcome of a game, either way.

I just want to see them play well right now.

If the outcome of the game increases the odds of a better pick, then I’m okay with that too.

KingRoach and Cman68 like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just like my buddy RPO, I have no expectations for this team any longer. I used to root for losses until I noticed how well the "build thru the draft" effort wasn't going. Cap space is meaningless if you continuously bargain hunt for lesser guys that always seem either to not deliver or sign guys with injury histories in the hope they can actually stay on the field for more than half a season. Talent acquisition isn't our strong suit.

I'm just tired of watching them get embarrassed every Sunday. The futile efforting of guys trying to execute a gameplan that isn't working with the personnel on the field.

Win or lose, nothing changes. We'll hear the same excuses after watching the same results over and over. We'll hear how the team is finally about to "flip" this thing if they win. We'll all be told that true fans have faith.

I'm done until this team actually starts to play NFL competitive football. I've put my time in the faith bucket with precious little to show for it.

One thing great about being a boomer is that I've seen a Jet SB win in my lifetime. One sad thing is that I won't see another.

I've learned to accept that as my fate for being a Jet Fan. One thing I won't do is drink the koolaid and believe the BS being sold to this fanbase on faith. I'll believe what my eyes show me..

papapump, Metstrife and RPOZ51 like this.
  3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

There’s a thin line between love and hate.

I want this team to suffer as I have suffered.

4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

then it's go nuclear... hate on 'em and hope for them to lose ALWAYS

i havent gotten there.

ladies fashion? anal plug.

5. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

The team is dreadful and it is difficult to keep the faith.

However if there are people claiming to be Jets fans who actively want the team to lose then you can fuckoff. I have heard the draft pick argument but am not having it as a justification.

We all want the performances to improve but if you are wishing bad things on the team there is no excuse. Go and do something else.

KingRoach likes this.
  6. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

We are at that special time of the year where I dont care anymore this team is useless

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

as if Jaxonville was some sort of destination... the hilarity of that BS is extraordinary...

"Hey Dips---, make your f---ing kicks!" and then kicked him in the leg. Lambo characterized the kick as a five out of 10 and then told the Tampa Bay Times he told Meyer: "Don't you ever f---ing kick me again!" Lambo said Meyer told him, "I'm the head ball coach. I'll kick you whenever the f--- I want."

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Naughty Nurse always works easy to match also.

Losmeister likes this.
  9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It is hard to tell with players like Lawrence and Wilson because each has joined a bad team with very little talent - if either of them had been drafted by the Patriots then I would imagine we would be seeing different results, especially for Lawrence.

One of the key issues with the Jets now is there is no core to build around - you are not adding a few key pieces each year you are trying to build a team almost from scratch like an expansion team and if you look at the most recent expansion teams - Panthers, Jaguars, Texans and Browns - they have consistently been some of the worst teams in the NFL over the past 20 years because building a team from next to nothing is really, really hard when everyone else around you is improving also and from a better position.

I was annoyed at the Jets winning games last year as I was hoping for that saviour to arrive (and I wanted a coaching change) - I just want to see the team be successful - its been 36 years now and you start to think "I will likely die before ever experiencing my team winning the SB" (and given the other teams I follow that seems likely in those other sports as well - I sure know how to pick them!)

ouchy likes this.