"Up Next"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AndyDrums, Dec 13, 2021.

1. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

On the front page of TGG it says "up next" is Jacksonville 12/26. Guess we have already put the game in Miami 12/19 in the L column without even going there LOL. Don't blame you one bit, Miami is a guaranteed loss for this horrifically terrible team. I think we got shut out there last year 24-0 if memory serves. Question is how many FG's will we attempt / make this Sunday in Miami. Obviously TD's are out of the question as demonstrated yesterday, and our wonderful HC said, when asked about Mims, he said nobody id coming back this week, so we go in there with the same dreck WR corps as we did yesterday.

God almighty, are they bad.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

For the first time ever I may not even bother watching it on NFL Game Pass.

This season has been utterly dreadful with no sign of improvement since the Tennessee game and I am now officially fed-up with it.

papapump, Brook!, barfolomew and 3 others like this.
  3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Not that I'm ready to give up or anything, but the fact that Saleh and just about every single Jets head coach since Parcells absolutely refuses to hold players accountable for mental errors or circumstance blunders just amazes me. I mean, Mims is utter hot trash at this point and, despite most of us clamoring for him all year, hurts the team more than he helps it at this point. And, the team is 3-10 and full of rookies and castoffs anyway - what the HELL does the team have to lose at this point by sending a message to the more dumb of the bunch?

barfolomew likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He benched Mims after his second penalty. Did you want him to whip him with a wet noodle in front of all the fans? :D

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  5. The_Darksider

lol No, but I don't want him back in there next week. Send a real message. Make him inactive for a couple of weeks.

barfolomew likes this.
  6. bicketybam

He's been riding the pine the whole year, lol. You picked the wrong guy to use as an example. Mims is the only guy that has had his feet held to the fire.

7. The_Darksider

My response was directly in reference to the fact that he stated that the same WR corps would be out there again next week. So yeah, he held his feet to the fire for 13 weeks, the guy gets some time and proves the coaches were right, and I'm picking the wrong guy because they want to run him out there again despite the fact that he's a hindrance.

Ok.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. bicketybam

I'm glad I could clear that up for you :)

9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The horse has left the barn on him holding anyone accountable. You can start out being a disciplinarian type and get softer as time goes, but you can’t do the opposite approach.

Any attempt at accountability at this point would just be laughable. We all know it. The players do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I got there a few weeks ago. When game time rolls around I dip into the game thread on here for a laugh, maybe watch a bit the next day if they perform okay (I'm not asking for wins, I'm a realistic Jets fan), but I am NOT giving up valuable time watching this shitshow of a franchise live. Plus the live broadcasts are so horrifically butchered by advertising and endless in-game highlights montages and 'Keys to the Game' and player intros and other such nonsense...

I'm thankful that I still absolutely love this game, and I watch several games a week on GamePass (two hours to watch all the action with none of the shit) and I get a lot of pleasure from it when I don't care who wins.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's been inactive most of the season for this exact reason saleh told us earlier and everyone here called him a liar and said they had a grudge against mims. But when your top 2 WRs, top 2 RBs, and top TE are all out, you kind of run out of options. Right now our WR group is (and likely for the rest of the eyar) cole/crowder/berrios starting with mims, V. smith, and montgeomery as the backups. mims was in the 2nd lowest amount of snaps behind V. smith

12. The_Darksider

I don't agree with that at all. They may not take to it at first, but once he reinforces it and actually follows through, they'll get the message.

mrjet80 likes this.
  13. The_Darksider

Fair points but now they have their in-game evidence, over the past few weeks, that he's a liability. You can get a practice squad guy to not hurt the team. We're beyond looking for help, just need to not be screwing the rest of them.

14. GasedAndConfused

we did. DJ montgomery outsnapped mims and it was his 1st NFL game. but the big issue isn't mims. it's that we are missing our top 5 weapons on offense. no team can run a good offense with that many injuries and a rookie QB

15. The_Darksider

We're WAY beyond whether or not we can run a decent offense. Nevermind good. I'm simply saying that last man on the depth chart playing poorly shouldn't be there just because he's the last man on the depth chart. If Mims isn't a good example because he was shown discipline earlier in the year, then let's use Ty Johnson. Drops 3 passes in the 1st quarter, benched for a few minutes, and right back in there. Guy should've sat at the end of the bench and only been tossed back out there in case of injury. And I know, they only had two healthy running backs. SO WHAT. Send a proper message that making mistakes like that aren't acceptable.

No one has feared for their job on the Jets in 20 years.

Cman68 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

well perine is awful and needs a break so unfortunately that's what happens when all your players get hurt. w gave walters a chance, he looked good but then got hurt as well. we were without 3 of our top 4 RBs sometimes that's just how it goes.

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

He's been inactive all season.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Where’s David Clowney and Clyde Gates when you need them? Sheesh.

#18 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I pretty much just watch redzone now (which means I rarely see the Jets on offense as they rarely trouble the red zone) and then I watch the Niners game which is almost always a 9pm game with my mate that is a niners fan

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Looks like it's fixed now, shows the Dolphins.

Most fans look ahead of games against cheap teams to games against tough opponents. Jets fans look ahead of losses to possible lucky wins.