Robert Saleh comments on Wilson’s struggles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WalterMichaels, Dec 2, 2021.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Cole kind of stopped playing hard. After he threw his hands up one play, I watched him run routes the next few days and he dogged them hard.

I get being frustrated, but that's over the line as a pro.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Disgusting.

...yet, true. :/

barfolomew likes this.
  3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I saw this and mentioned it in the game thread. He was open over the middle I think a five to ten yard route and Zach just missed too far in front. Cole threw up his hands. Like “what else can I do “. Not a great look for anyone.

SOJAZ and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The receivers today were horrid but so was Zach…I honestly think I could throw some of these gimmie throws better than him. Was this overlooked in the draft or is it a mental thing?

If he doesn’t show some signs of improvement these next few weeks we should seriously consider another QB early in the draft as sad as that is

SOJAZ, Jets79 and barfolomew like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fire John Beck!

Zach needs a hypnotist... not a failed qb in his ear.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  6. Jetsfan-TFW

Jetsfan-TFW New Member

John Beck is not this kid's problem. He is what you are seeing. Zack could have used a couple more years of Division I football.

SOJAZ and tomdeb like this.
  7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I don't see Zach ever taking any team to the playoffs. He bounces simple flair patterns and short throws. He was drafted WAY too soon, and that is an indictment on Douglas. I don't understand why the pulled the plug on White after one bad game while they trot Wilson out there over and over and he stinks.

SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  8. Jetsin2029

Jetsin2029 Member

Sanchez, Geno and Darnold looked much better than Wilson in their rookie seasons. Of the Jets four QBs on the roster Wilson gives the Jets the best chance to lose.

Heck, Mills of the Texans looks like he’ll have a better career.

Douglas and Saleh better sign a veteran backup QB that can take over next year when Wilson struggles or they maybe looking for a job in 2023.

9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Jesus, Fields making some good lead passes. He s far from perfect tonight, but he s making key passes.

Ralebird and Jetsin2029 like this.
  10. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I mean, when the kid can't do the "easy" things there is a giant problem. Saleh should just come out and say that the kid isn't doing well and isn't developing at all... Or maybe this is who he is.

Because its GARBAGE

Jedi mind tricks and Jetsin2029 like this.
  11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Nothing will make me lose all faith in this FO faster than if they solely tie the future of this franchise to Wilson. I'm not saying he should be traded but if JD and Saleh are the real deal and something different than the other GMs and coaches we've had they will explore any options to improve at QB

#451 Jedi mind tricks, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Also that slide when he easily could have ran for a bunch more yards.. lack of football IQ

SOJAZ, Ralebird, tomdeb and 2 others like this.
  13. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

We've been Hackenberged. At least Hack was round two, not pick two.

Zach can throw the ball downfield but cannot hit a crossing route to save his life. Last December, when the Zach hype was starting to heat up, I mentioned in a post that we already have this guy on the Jets and his name is James Morgan. Their college tape is eerily similar, yet one was a fourth rounder, and one was the second pick. The Jets bought the hype.

I'm not a talent evaluator but apparently neither is anyone in the Jets organization. At this point, the smart thing to do is sit Zach the rest of the season and roll with Mike White. If the team rallies around him again, you have your answer.

14. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I really don’t understand a lot of these comments, I understand the frustration and Zach was not good today, oh and this team as whole is terrible, including coaching. I don’t think even Zach was perfect we weren’t winning. Looks to me that he presses and loses fundamentals…. Must feel the pressure of this fan base. Which has high expecting and I get that. He had yet to master the speed of the game, and seems when things he sees are not as expected and he panics this bad mechanics and throws. You can see when he makes bad throw. He presses more. Whether it can be fixed is debatable. But more than possible! Maybe him sitting would have been best. Because this fan base will not cut him a break to learn on job. When simple throws become natural and when or if he gets short memory and play to his strengths. Things will get better. If not, he will keep pressing and look like he did today. I think he makes throws on practice, but In game he allows the game to get in his head. He needs to grow thick skin, and know it is a process. I think today the WR room did nothing do him any favors. When there was time, no one open. But he left alot of throws out there. He needs a get better, make the throws so to enable YAC. One positive was no turnovers. Next week is new week, he needs to get back to work to improve. All of the GMs on this forum, 8 games doesn’t make a career. The jets made huge investment in this guy and he deserves fair chance, they are not listening to all this expert analysis and calling him a bust after 8 games! They will give him every opportunity to succeed. So I am going to be patient and hope he gets it. I watched Herbert today, and thought Wilson has similar skill set. He is light years away from realizing it, but I have hope he will start harnessing it. Remember this team is one of the worst in NFL, and Wilson is jot the main reason. Temper expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I don't think all the blame should go to Zach. We have bad coaching right now. The defense is awful. Lafleur is hot garbage and I'm sick of them burying Mims when this kid needs weapons. Are they so rigid in their philosophy that you can't adjust. Find out what works instead of sticking to what's not working.

16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Lefluer is the least of their problems. He s making progress. Now Mims we don’t know the exact story. I am going to depend on Saleh and Lefluer on Mims. They are professional coach for a reason.

FJF likes this.
  17. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I have to question: Does Saleh have full control of who starts at QB this season? Unless he and MLF are blind, there must be external factors influencing the decision at this stage.

18. Sack exchange

There has been more bad than good, but there has been some good from Zach. So not sure how he has been as horrible as mentioned here, yes at times he’s looked lost, bad throws etc, but other times he had made right calls and nice throws. He has flashed. When reading here you would think the guy had done nothing at all positive, which is not fair or true. He had gotten rookie of week twice for reason. So there have been positives. I was hoping for more like most here. But it’s not as bad as people are making it out to be.

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  19. Sack exchange

I am watching fields make similar mistakes as Zach, so makes me think it is adjusting to NFL play. I think both need time.

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Been pretty shocking how inaccurate Wilson's been on short throws all season.

At this point I think JD would be doing the team a disservice by not taking a QB somewhere in rounds 3-4 next draft. Wilson will likely still start next year but he's played badly enough this season where we need to hedge our bets a bit at minimum.

All Gas No Shake, SOJAZ, Br4d and 5 others like this.