Some promising stats RE: our offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 7, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Well we already know about the defense, but lets take a look at the offense trending up

elijah moore is 5th in the NFL in receiving yards over the past 6 weeks with 459. over a 17 game season that's 1,300 yards. he's also 5th in TDs with 5. he had 79 yards in his 1st 5 games (not counting the game he got hurt in).

Our offense was 31st in the NFL in 1st downs over the 1st 7 weeks. we are 3rd in 1st downs over the past 6 weeks.

our 1st 6 games we averaged 13.3 PPG, our last 6 we've averaged 22.8. the 13.3 would rank last in the NFL currently while the 22.8 is equal to that of the raiders and ravens and very close to the packers. it's not phenomenal but it's average and weighted down a little by bad kickers.

Also more impressive is we did this with 4 different QBs (flacco, johnson, wilson, white), missing out LT, missing our WR1 a couple of games, missing our TE1 during this whole stretch, replacing our RG with someone we got for free, and missing our RB1 the last few weeks.

I really think JD and MLF deserve some credit for this and it's something to distract us from our pitiful defense.

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You better take your positivity elsewhere bud, it’s not allowed here!

Noam, GasedAndConfused and barfolomew like this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think it's only going to get better as Zach realizes he can also win rookie of the week (which he is winning in the votes with 64% of the votes) without playing hero ball. Soon the light will go on & Zach will say..."hey this system really works" . Then there is Moore....Zach is getting better as is Moore. There play from the beginning of the season has gotten much better due to play calling & experience playing together. Also kudos to the OL & the running game. The future looks promising for the offense.

cval, Noam, NYJFOREVER and 3 others like this.
  4. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Couple of pieces will really help this offence now.

RB - who doesn't need to upgrade at RB. Not discounting carter, I just always think RB rooms can be strengthened. We are a run first team and rotating RBs will help keep them fresh.

RG - not saying anymore. We know.

TE and WR 1.

We need a good TE that can block and pass, these will really only come from the draft as top TEs don't go through FA.

Also love our depth at WR and would love a run at devante Adams if he hits FA. Davis, Adams and Moore would be more than enough for any QB to thrive.

Second season Wilson.

Feel like a full offseason studying this play book and offense, along with the next lot of games then full off season programme will put our QB in a much better spot to succeed next year. This offensive scheme is known to fly once in year two.

Overall, I'm content with our O. Which leaves our D to have a large focus this off-season.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How many Vets are on the offense? How many on the Defense??

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Bingo.

Talk about a complete reversal.

Offensive line is kicking ass. Fant looks like a stud, as does AVT. Moore is a bad ass. Carter is a bad ass. And Wilson just needs time to grow.

Offense is looking very very bright right now

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He can thank Jets Twitter for that one. Javonte Williams was winning with 60% of the vote at like 11am then NYJ_Matt tweeted out to go like it, then all of a sudden he's winning with 64% of votes.

BudJet likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

really depends what you mean by vets. Normally i'd say someone with at least 3 years of a good amount of playing time. at this point it's really just mcgovern, moses, and possibly fant although he was mostly a swing tackle and wasn't really a full time starter until we signed him last year but he is credited with 50 starts so those 3. then there is griffen but he kinda sucks. our WR group is pretty green. crowder is a vet but a slot specialst. cole is a vet but more of a depth guy, davis has missed a lot of time the past 6 weeks and is done for the year. there is coleman but he' isn't great and carter was much better before getting hurt.

10. GasedAndConfused

yeah wilson will win but in all honesty and fairness williams is much more deserving. he had 176 total yards and over 100 rushing and a TD. it's much more impressive then zachs game

PJ4Ever and NYJFOREVER like this.
  11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

nice but we have to be careful about praising the offense and drooling over said stats.....

the opposing defense gets paid as well and they just may not be on the "A" game against the jets offense cause they know their own offense will have no problems scoring.

yes pouring cool water on the blaze.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean yeah the offense has definitely looked much better but I wouldn’t read too much into the stats. We had two entire games of offensive stats that came in garbage time (Bills, Colts).

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It’s as if the offense and defense have completely flipped - how long was the narrative in reverse - Decent defense terrible offense?

dmw likes this.
  14. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

At this point I’d be happy just to see Becton out there for 2 or 3 games, just to get some experience next to AVT. I want to be able to go into the off-season with some confidence in him.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Didn’t we have a chance to make it a one score game in the fourth against Indy? We got rocked but there wasn’t much true garbage time. We were driving and on the verge of scoring before a Josh Johnson pick if I remember correctly.

Bills game was garbage time from the middle of the first quarter on.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We were down 28-10 at half time with a third string quarterback and then quickly 42-16. Johnson had 3 dink and dunk drives and yes, the last one that resulted in an interception would’ve made it a one score game with 49 seconds left and I believe no timeouts.

I think it’s safe to say they were trading first downs most of the second half for time.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Offense still has the most turnovers in the league as well. 26th in points scored and 32nd (dead last) in giveaways.

its not a "good" offense

18. BroadwayAaron

I think the point is it's trending upwards. I'd say we have a pretty mediocre offense currently which is a huge step up from complete dumpster fire. The giveaways are probably highly skewed by Zach's game against NE and White's even worse game against Buffalo.

Again, no one is saying we're ready to take on the world but for a team that lived through Rex's offense, Bowles' offense outside of 2015, Gase's "offense" and the first few weeks of this season... you have to understand why some people are excited to just be average.

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

While there have been bad moments where the offense stalled for a quarter or two, there definitely been some creations and opportunities. MLF and Oline deserve some credit. But am curious on the progress in the next few weeks

20. BroadwayAaron

I legit wasn't sure what happened in the game. I remember being annoyed that I couldn't just turn it off because there was actually a chance that we were an onsides kick away from making it interesting.