Tonight we all are WFT Fans!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Watching Adams again tonight, two no. 1s for him will go downs as JDs biggest steal, a good player yes, but nowhere near a lot of plays, not good for a guy allowed to float around anywhere.

2. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

This was a good win for the Jets! IMO if both our firsts stay in the top 10--I would consider it a win going into the offseason.

I would hate to see it go into the 12-15 range--don't want any temptation to get Garret Wilson or Olave. Those Ohio State WRs are fools gold.

mrjet80 likes this.
  3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

show your work

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

LOL

He’s right though. All Seattle’s loss tonight did was flip the #4 and #5. But the rest of their schedule lights up a little so this was a must lose game for Seattle in regards to the draft pick …

6 more weeks…..the Jets are gonna win a couple more but probably not more than that.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Stats is a mathelete by trade. Careful what you ask for...

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Mathlete, awesome.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

There's the first half of showing my work. The other half is that if they had won, they would still have had the weakest strength of schedule of all of the 4-7 teams, and would therefore still have the #5 pick.

Elementary, my dear Watsons.

NY Jets68 and abyzmul like this.
  9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Seattle lost last night, just like JD planned. This is 5-D chess by JD!

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Why are they fools gold?

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Because we had a bad experience drafting one five years ago so every player at that position that goes to that program must automatically suck from now on.

#31 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    stinkyB, IIMeanDeanII and dawinner127 like this.
  12. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

If you look back on the best OSU WR's in their history, a smaller portion of them have been great at the NFL level--especially compared to places like LSU and Bama. A few standout like Michael Thomas, Cris Carter and Santonio Holmes....but there's been a large portion that didn't perform up to their college pedigree.

Also, we have more pressing needs along both lines--which is a more premium position grouping.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Name them. You forgot Terry McLaurin.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Great song!

Just not getting the controversy with Cleveland Indians Washington or any sports club calling themselves Indians oR Native American
    Connotation to me is bravery strength tribe unity ....so nothing derogatory imo

Why aren't Irish Americans mad at Norte Dame? ."fighting" Irish suggests ethnic Irish are troublemakers hooligans gangs etc ..maybe drunk , disorderly too

#34 NYJetsO12, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    mrjet80 likes this.
  15. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Some prejudices are true

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So... Regardless of the school. I would be saying this about anyone with this stance.

Judging a player based on the school they attend, just Isn't smart practice. If you really think about It, It literally makes zero sense to have that stance. I understand the superstitions that people grasp at, but this stance literally holds no merit though. There Is no evidence to even cling to for this kind of stance.

Both Wilson and Olave are special players. OSU or not. It's extremely silly to call players fool's gold when your basis for doing so Is based on the school they attend. Instead of your basis being on the player and how they play the game.

Just saying. OSU or not, I would be saying this regardless.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"Cowboys vs the Redskins"... What's not to get? Its not like the Dallas "WhiteSkins" are a name. Now in the "enlightened" 21st century, your thinking on this is indeed admirable. Way back in the 20th century however, it was derogatory and meant to stir up passions in a predominately white audience. The "Fighting Irish" was indeed alluding to the more rowdy. Where do you think the term "Paddy Wagon" came from? Italians faced it too with all the Mafia stereotypes.

Just because NA's decided enough was enough doesn't make it wrong. Being confined to a reservation after generational genocidal policies does make for very hard feelings. Same reason why Italians celebrate Columbus Day and NA's consider it a day of mourning. They're not particular thrilled with Thanksgiving Day either. Hard to celebrate the beginning of the end of your way of life not to mention being conquered and having your land confiscated. If you think NA's are pissed, go to Hawaii..

A better question might be what was the thinking of these rich white owners when they came up with these names and images rather than why are NA's bitching about it.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Hey Jamal, remember when you said you weren't used to winning after joining Seattle?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't know, when Jamal wrecked the Jets I thought it might be accidental but now he has brought two franchises to their knees and the Seahawks were actually good before he joined them. Look at them now.

Hemi likes this.
  20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Its looking pretty bleak there now. Especially if Carroll and Wilson leave.