Report: Zach Wilson to start vs Texans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Much as I dislike agreeing with @Ralebird ... he's right.
    In fact... I think Zach has gotten worse. He's playing scared, his timing is way off, and he can't make gimme throws with any sort of consistency.

Worse of all he's not seeing wide open receivers. He's leaving lots of yardage on the field... can't win that way.

Noam and PJ4Ever like this.
  2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I used to be a dedicated serious fan. I knew every name and number on the roster, watched every minute of every game, and held 4 season tickets.

Slowly but surely over time, they just wore me down. They dangle all forms of hope in front of you, then just yank it away.

So, I'm still a fan. I still want them to do good. I'm just not a blind follower anymore. It took some years, but I learned.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

sounds like a high frequency behavior to me...

RPOZ51 likes this.
  4. Losmeister

yup. decrease the investment in both ways

RPOZ51 likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think he's playing about the same. but he has improved in 1 area. the turnovers. he had a fluke INT but for the most part he never put the ball in danger where in his 1st few games he did that a lot. He's young and will learn patience but the jets finally are in a position where the QB can just dump it off and let the skill positions works. guys like crowder, carter (when he comes back), and more can pile on YAC

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He had a pass or two that were almost intercepted... and as long as he keeps throwing behind and high the interceptions will continue.

His timing & targeting is all fucked up... he needs a hypnotist or a shaman... :confused:

legler82 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, I'm blind because I see no great improvement and you have 20/20 vision because you only see what you want to see? I've watched every game this year and was at the one in Houston. It may have been the worst NFL game I ever attended in almost sixty years. Wilson did not make it any better.

legler82 likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's been off accuracy wise but his decision making has been much better. he's not throwing it up into double/triple coverage like earlier in the year

REVISion and cval like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Better to have an interception on a long pass than a short one... :confused:

10. Losmeister

thought I'd share... i think this guy does a pretty damned good job... there's nuance...
    he doesn't have green goggles, nor is he doomsday...

Acad23, Noam, RPOZ51 and 2 others like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. It's interesting, but I disagree with much of it. I'll comment on the 1st 4 plays.

On the very first play, I totally disagree with Luke. I think the problem was that Zach was locked onto Moore. IMO as soon as Moore stumbled, Zach should have scanned the field, he had a receiver wide open on the right side. I'm not sure if that was a checkdown route or if a blown coverage, but that would have been a TD. IMO you can't say that Zach should have already thrown the ball or had his arm cocked when Moore stumbled immediately. IMO at that point, it's time to look for another receiver, run/scramble to buy time, or throw the ball away.

On the second play, he again says that Zach should have been ready to throw the ball. He had just faked the handoff and was just getting set. Moore changing the route is what caused the problem there. If Moore had not gotten greedy and had just taken the 10 yard route, I think Zach would have thrown the ball, and most likely completed it.

On the 3rd play, it was poor accuracy, but Zach was not aligned correctly as Luke claims. His feet and body position were to throw the ball to the inside, rather than the outside, and that's where the ball went.

I do agree on the 4th play that the throw was behind Cole and should have been ahead of him.

#131 NCJetsfan, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Small victories LOL

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

On the 2nd play ZW had Moore but was 2 steps too late. It was stated during game thread and Had he thrown a little earlier, it s a big gain.

first one, I understand both sides.

I think this was a good assessment.

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Borat likes this.
  15. Losmeister

both assessments are pretty honest... definite concerns and some nice plays too

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You have to give Lafleur credit in switching his entire approach after halftime and relying on the run game, even without his starting back. Completely changed the game and resulted in a win.

Lafleur has impressed me these last handful of games. Still some questionable calls but him moving to the box, I feel, has been huge for this offense

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Hard to intercept a ball thrown at people's ankles I guess?

legler82 likes this.
  18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member