Max’s Top 10 Preferred Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by MaximusD163, Dec 1, 2021.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Are any of these WRs as sure fire as CeeDee? I was indifferent about drafting the best OT or CeeDee in the draft, but it seems like we really dropped the ball with that one. I remember I also wanted to trade back with Jax to 20 for Yannick + their pick (Justin Jefferson was on the board here). In 27 games, Jefferson has the 2nd most yards out of any player in history only behind Beckham.

I just don't want to really miss out on a stud playmaker who can really help Zach or whoever the next QB is if he doesn't workout.

M00ndawg and FJF like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd say Wilson from Ohio State is as close to a sure thing as there can be.

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I would switch out Hamilton with Neal. However I have no problem with the Jets taking Hamilton if the top 4 were off the board when they pick even though it would mean another safety in the first round.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man I guess I haven't watched enough Aidan Hutchinson, because Thibs looks like an all-world player to me and so far Hutch not so much. Any good games I should look for?

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Personally I don’t think you have to look farther than this past weekend vs Ohio State:

In this game he faced Thayer Munford and Nicholas Petit-Frere… top 50 prospects on many early boards.

He is about to face the Iowa offensive line this weekend.

If you want you can watch Thibodeaux:

and Hutchinson:

against Washington and compare them since they both played the same team.

abyzmul likes this.
  6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Kyle Hamilton reminds me of Ed Reed when he came out of College

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

based on that list I assume you mean with our 1sts?
    how about adding a list of later round players too?

as far as that list goes I like it overall. I agree edge is the way to go. I couldn't look at CB or S I think with out system we are fine with what we have plus later picks/FA. I like linderbaum but I don't think JD wants to move mcgovern off center so really an OG would make more sense.

8. MaximusD163

It’s basically just a list of the 10 players I’d like the Jets first 2 picks to be. Most of these guys are in the top 20 of most of the early big boards I’ve seen so it’s not just a straight up top 10 list, but players I’d want for the Jets.

I don’t think I can find a way to justify 1st round Guards in back to back years man, that’s a big ask.

NCJetsfan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

yeah the 2nd round should be good for OG and TE. and we have 2 picks. i'd really like an edge and then to trade down for more picks with our 2nd pick. there are also a couple of good 2nd round LBers.

10. MaximusD163

I’ve pivoted on Edge a bit, obviously I would still take either of the big 2 no question but knowing there’s a good chance they aren’t available has made me really consider who the Blue Chip players are in the draft. I know positional value is not there for a Safety or Center but I look at them I just see the 2 players I am most confident would immediately make the team better.

Hamilton in particular I see as a special guy. Keep something in mind too, I know it’s not purely the Carrol Cover 3 from Seattle, but Earl Thomas was a 1st round pick for them and he had special game changing traits beyond that of a normal Safety. Thomas is not a comp for Hamilton at all but I think that there are certain guys who can impact the game enough from a traditionally less valuable position that they warrant the pick.

Just keep your eye on Hamilton. Saleh’s experience with Earl Thomas and Douglas’ experience with Ed Reed could be something that pushes them in that direction as well.

Both of those players were key parts of consistent playoff teams and eventually Super Bowl championships.

KY Jets Fan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

you definitely make good points but remember last time we drafted safties with our top 2 picks? I mean they turned out to be great players but didn't really help the team much in the long run. I'll take a look hamilton but still pretty weary about taking a S in the top 5. In 2019 they had a top defense (not counting 2020 becuase they lost 9 starts on defense to injury) and their safties were pretty meh overall. but for their rushing they had bosa as a rookie, dee ford, armstead, buckner, thomas. plus of course werner as the MLB who is just one of the best. I'd rather trade down then take a safety and get more picks. the 2nd round should have some good LBers, OGs, and TEs. i'd like an extra pick in the 2nd personally.

12. MaximusD163

I know the Jamal Adams experience has soured people on safeties but he is 100% a completely different type of player than Hamilton. My personal opinion is that if you have a legit defensive coaching staff you can find a way to utilize a player of Hamilton’s caliber. See Fitzpatrick in Pittsburgh… In much the way that Saleh found the best way to use Werner’s unique skill set, I would expect him to be able to do the same with other special guys.

Saleh has shown an ability to mutate his defensive philosophy over time. From being under a strict 4-3 Under Cover 3 scheme under Pate Carroll and Gus Bradley, he shifted gradually to running a lot of Wide-9 fronts and Quarters coverages. I get excited at the idea of what he might be able to do with Hamilton.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

i'm sure we can make use of him id he's as special as you say but remember pitt got fitzpatrick for a late 1st rounder and he was already proven plus they have a beastly front 7 led by TJ watt who's possibly the best edge rusher in the league if not top 3 at works. we don't have a front 7 like that.

14. MaximusD163

Fair enough, and we have to see how things go with the order, but Hamilton is #2 or #3 overall on pretty much every big board so far for a reason

15. GasedAndConfused

i'm hoping a top edge falls to us. teams always reach for QBs. I wouldn't be suprised if det and/or houston take a QB 9assuming houston trades watson) I also think the giants could take a QB. getleman is likely out after the season and the new GM may want his own QB rather then paying out jones so we could see jones traded like darnold was

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Treylon Burks is going to have to enter the conversation for one of the 1st rounders. This dude looks freaky, I’d love to see the Jets target a freakish offensive weapon.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. MaximusD163

He looks great, and there’s a world in which he could be the best pick, but I’m still prioritizing trenches and turnover generators at the moment.

18. MaximusD163

I can’t dismiss it out of hand but I think the Jets getting one of those 2 guys is unlikely. I do agree Gettleman is most likely gone, and the Giants may reset at QB. WFT may also take one. And to be honest after thinking about it for a minute the Texans might even prefer OL over Edge just because their OL is so terrible.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think Thibs is a more naturally gifted athlete, but Hutchinson is a ready to go NFL pass rusher because his hands are so damn good and he understands how to make sure offensive lineman don’t get their hands on him.

I definitely put Hutchinson ahead right now, but it’d be hard to be upset if we got KT. With the way the schedule looks right now and the fact that we’re the Jets, I’d guess we miss out on both.

IIMeanDeanII and REVISion like this.
  20. MaximusD163

100%