Report: "Zach Wilson was fundamentally falling apart"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Nov 22, 2021.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Its a good point and I don’t think anyone would have been upset if we started out with a vet, but Wilson may have won the battle anyway. I think he was doing pretty well in training camp and actually looked good in preseason, especially the Packers game.

It just seems like the NFL defenses that are throwing anything and everything at him are making it tough on him mentally….Practices and preseason are completely different

PJ4Ever likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course he was rushed into the spot and then he was given minimal time in preseason games to acclimate to the speed of the NFL. It's almost as if the coaching staff was afraid to expose him for what he was - not ready.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Actually I was comparing people's reaction - specifically their acceptance of Allen's struggles his first year or so - to how quick they are to bash Wilson at a similar stage given their stats were somewhat similar. Obviously they're completely different, especially physically, so I'm not comparing them head to head, just how many of Allen's supporters here are ready to pull the plug on Wilson.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just nooooooo

I absolutely cannot fathom drafting another QB

We drew the Wilson draw ..ya put the chips and $ on him

Gotta see it through and hopefully pull the Zach lever and JACKPOT

cval and PJ4Ever like this.