KY is coming to NY!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 23, 2021.

?

Am I a glutton for punishment?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Also yes

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It's official everyone! KY is coming to NY! (err...NJ?)

I just bought some tickets to the Saints game (12/12/2021) for me and my fiancé. We're coming to NYC for a weekend trip to see friends and despite how bad this team/organization is, I knew I had to check out MetLife while we were in town. This will be my first time at MetLife so I wanted to get some advice for our trip to make the most of it.

What's the best way to get to the stadium from the city? How early should we get to the stadium? Anyone gonna be tailgating? Any food inside the stadium that's a must try? Please feel free to post any and all advice you guys may have.

Mods: My apologies for posting this on the main board, I know there's a "Jets Experience" section where this would probably be more applicable but I looked and no one has posted there since September/October. Please feel free to move it there as you see fit but I'm hoping by starting this out on the main board, it'll get a little more traction.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What's the best way to get to the stadium from the city?
    Take the NJ transit train from Penn Station towards meadowlands

How early should we get to the stadium?
    Probably best to take the train that leaves in the 11am-12pm window...If tailgating even earlier

Anyone gonna be tailgating? Any food inside the stadium that's a must try?
    I won't be there because I don't want to suffer a loss in person these days, as for food inside try the Italian sausage.

Please feel free to post any and all advice you guys may have.
    Become a Saints fan for the day as well lol

KY Jets Fan and Brook! like this.
  3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Good work KY. Hopefully you have a great trip and get to watch Zach throw about 4 touchdowns.... or maybe 7 or 8 if thats what it takes to outscore the Saints.

KY Jets Fan and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I shall respond and I will respond. On my phone with too little time. But I will respond!

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay KY. As TGG Forum members we owe you a lot due to your excellent job during training season.

Here are my answers.

Cheapest option from the city is with NJ Transit trains. You will hop on from NY Penn Station and change trains at Secaucus, NJ station. Return ticket is around $24. But it is extremely crowded at Secaucus junction and risk of Covid is high. Trains from city start around 9:30 am and trains from Metlife to city ends an hour or so after the game. If you want, you can be at Metlife anytime after 10:30 am.

Your other option is buying a parking pass online which runs around $60-$80 depending on the game. Just checked. Parking for Saints game is on the cheaper side. Not sure if you have a car or not but if you don’t want to be stuck in a train with tons of strangers that is your other option.

For tailgating there are some Paid events. You can buy a ticket online and join. Even Jets have an official tailgate program as far as I know. You can find links quickly with google search but if you can’t, let me know and I will send you some links.

But we also have folks who are there regularly like myself. I tailgate with my friends from Brooklyn at Lot D but my friends do the shopping and cooking and I pay them cash every Sunday. I think I will be at the Saints game and if I go, you are welcome to join my tailgate.

@GreenFan15J tailgates at Lot J with a big crowd as well. Tagging him too so he sees this.

Food inside Metlife isn’t anything to write home about. You have your burgers, hot dogs, Nachos, Chicken fingers, Philly Cheese Steaks etc but you can even find Sushi. Food prices are around $20-$25 depending on. What you choose.

Beers go for $12-$14 a can, every week there is a cheap beer option as well.

My suggestion for you is to arrive early, go inside to stadium at 100 levels to take pictures of players or even get autographs if you are lucky. Even if your tickets aren’t at 100 levels, they will let you in and allow you to take pictures etc. but do this when the stadium doors open at 11 am. After 12 pm, it might be difficult to go down to field level at 100’s.

I will also send you my cell number. If you need to ask anything while there call me. Enjoy your Metlife experience and hopefully see you there.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Good thing the JETS will have some KY for when they get F*CKED this game....

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your engagement KY!

So you just paid about $274 for 2 tix I imagine

Otherwise bring your big bucks: Hot dogs are $6 each, Parking $25 if you drive, Beer is $5 and Soda $3

yeeeehaww bro:eek:

The Johnson Family thanks you for attending

boozer32 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

DONT DO IT!!!!

And also don't go to the game.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Kenny Yeboah? I thought he was already in the house.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Good chance they’ll win…..gonna be cold though.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Where are you staying? Just beware of the NJ transit trains after the game. They’re jam-packed and keep an eye on which one you jump on. Some have a ton of local stops that double the time from half an hour to over an hour-hour & fifteen in what’s sometimes a situation where you’re going to be standing.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

With his fiancé he said, I guess he is looking for an easy way out, 3 hours at Met Life should sort that out for him and single life is just around the corner.
    :p

Brook! and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think we have a shot. I'll feel less optimistic if they have Taysom under center but with Siemian, I like our chances!

14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

We're staying in a hotel a couple blocks west of Central Park. Google says it's in the Upper West Side.

15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

At this point, I think she just feels sorry for me. She's seen what the Jets have done to me every Sunday since we've been together (January will be 4 years). This is more of a pity trip than anything haha

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Long gone are the 20 minute bus rides from Port Authority/NYC to The Old Dump for peanuts. Bus lane and you were in.

17. jetfan2k3

jetfan2k3 Member

They are still running the buses on Sundays to the game. Route 351 coach usa and I believe transit helps too. $14 round trip

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Funny, when I saw the title of this thread with "KY is coming to NY" I assumed it was another Kenny Yeboah love fest post. :) Have a great time up here.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

wear ur brown bags. Have fun.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Beat me, and probably many others to it!