Fire Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 24, 2021.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I guess the Texans showed that there are worse coaches than Saleh. Or at least they had more, "what the heck are they doing that for" than we did.

One positive is for the first time we went on the road and didn't look completely unprepared.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I just want to say - let's not do this thing where we get fooled into thinking we're good because we win a couple games against bottom 5 teams late in the season. We did this same thing with Gase+Darnold in 2019 and it played a part in us keeping both guys for a year longer than we should've.

Like Vilma said, we won yesterday but it wasn't some shining example of great coaching or great play. We kept it close and hung on to survive against a very bad Texans team.

legler82, twown, Cman68 and 6 others like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good post. This is especially true since they were starting a rookie QB and a ton of rookies and young players, and much of their CS were rookies, plus they were learning new, complex schemes.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We are a bad team as well. In fact we were the second worst team in the NFL last season. A win is a win and they are tough to come by in the NFL and this team did beat the Titans last week.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

His point about Davis and Golladay had nothing to do with Davis being great. Davis has more production this season than Golladay has and is paid significantly less. Golladay has been dreadful, dude doesn't even have a touchdown.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anyone thinking that we're a good team at this point. If so, they are either a novice watching football or are truly delusional.

IMO the Texans aren't as bad as they've been made to seem on this forum. Their D is a lot better than people expected. I haven't watched them, but basing on their schedule and scores, the team seems to be pretty well coached and disciplined. They've beaten the Titans and Jags, only lost to the Patriots by 3 (25-22 didn't get blown like us), lost to the Bucs in the season opener by a TD (23-16), lost to the Browns by 10 (31-21), the Panthers by 15 (24-9), the Colts 31-3, the Rams 38-22, and the Cardinals 31-5. Their HC is a rookie and they had to deal with the massive distraction of DeShaun Watson. They had no high draft picks and lost their two best players bedside Watson (Watt and Hopkins) during the offseason or last season.

#206 NCJetsfan, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We lost to both mediocre team teams and good teams early in the season, some were an embarrassment, but some we did it to ourselves. self inflicted wounds. So it was refreshing to see a far more disciplined team and game planning yesterday. A win is a win and we don't need excuses as to the quality of the competition, who BTW just last week beat Tennessee. I don't really subscribe to the too little to late approach. Team has a lot of room for improvement starting with the QB, and I want to see progress and top effort every week., from here on out, and yes it really means a lot to the nucleus of this young team. Damned who the opposition is. This is the NFL.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

From all that I am gathering in all the previous posts , we need to see ZW and the Coaches do better against real teams not just scrubs..yeah the Texans got some surprise wins but sorry ...I look at their overall performance as a more reliable measure

So Here's the backdrop of games going forward to evaluate both RSaleh Lafleur and Wilson:

Phil Eagles: winnable game but no gimme as they are better than Houston

NO Saints (see above)

*Miami Dolphins : Hottest team in NFL . Can we stay competitive or get blown out?

Jax Jags: Plain old winnable game (but as bad Houston)

*TB Bucs : Do we stay competitive or get shut down by T Bowles Defense? Does future HOF QB pick us apart?

*Buf Bills Playoff Contender (see Miami and TB)..They may be resting their first string team here but their seconds are no slouch. Can we sneak in a win here?

(The asterisks are for those games where Saleh can make a real better showing our just get outcoached by a mile...add in New O because of S Payton)

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I was a huge proponent of getting rid of Gase after one year. However, this situation is different. That was experienced coach coming to win now team. where we expected to compete for play-offs. After first 5 games that goal was basically thrown out the window and the rest of the season didn't matter. While firing Gase after one year seemed to make sense in that situation, we have a different story here. This is about development of rookies - both players, and yes coaches. A win matters a lot in this scenario, and Saleh will need to get another chance next year, even if Gase shouldn't have.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The Texans are near the tops in interceptions, they are just on the field a boat load of time from bad QB play when Davis Webb (believe that’s his name) was awful…Tyrod isn’t no better but their defense has kept them in games for the most part.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This entire thread is complete stupidity dude...

hornblower likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

A great ending to this irrational thread.

apjbfc likes this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Indeed, if the idiot they have for an OC continued to throw to cooks it wouldn't have been close.

14. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

We started out looking unprepared by falling behind 14-3. The thing is we adjusted. The D adjusted, the O adjusted and a miracle happens. Outscore the Texans 18-0 after that and we win the game. This is something new and different that we haven't seen before. I get its the Texans, but it was encouraging. It showed there actually is consciousness on the sideline. Oh, and I am not for firing this staff after only 1 season unless they lose every game by 40+ the rest of the season. Here's to hoping improvement continues.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Can't fire Saleh because there's no one to replace him available with enough pinache to step in and be the leader this team needs.

Might as well stay with the Devil you know vs. the devil you don't.

Sidebar: What's up with Zach's knee? Zach says it hurts. Saleh says its fine. I saw Zach limping and after that hit, the rest of the game he wasn't his usual elusive self resulting in... sacks. Tells me more one big hit on that leg and Zach's '21 season is most likely over no matter how much gaslight Saleh wants to put on this.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I didn't know the Texans had Jason Bourne as their QB?

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Might be Saleh's way of telling Zack to put his big boy pants on - this is the NFL and you have to be able to play hurt. On the positive side, Zack came back in and finished it up and got the W. Another day in the Continuing Education of and NFL QB. Tune in next week.

Sack exchange likes this.
  18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

3 of the remaining 4 home games are “winnable”….. the Saints especially outside of the dome are not very good. The Eagles are slightly better but also beatable. Jacksonville is Jacksonville. I don’t think the Jets at this point can win in Miami or Buffalo. So at most they finish with 5 and maybe 6 wins.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

physically it's fine as far as injury goes. it's still more likely to be in pain when hit. he has no limitations it's just pain management

20. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

He had large brace on it, so he couldn’t hurt it. Lucky he wore it. He may have tweaked it a bit, but the brace would not allow further issue. I wondered why he looked slow, running with that brace is cumbersome. I did it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk