Fire Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Gotta question the defensive side of things. I do feel they did a little better but the defense is still over pursuing too much. Quincy playing more helped. You have to start him over Jarrad. The dline did a little better but they gotta do more for me. The corners are still young and just inexperienced. I wish there was more veterans in the back end but honestly I blame the staff for the results moreso because that’s what was given. Young and inexperience in the back end. So these big plays will happen. There’s only one CJ he can only do so much and even then he overcompensates.

but if this is what it’s gonna be then this is it especially on the defensive side. Trust the process, and hope these kids continue to improve Week to Week.

#141 Mogriffjr, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It only looked better because we were playing one of the worst teams in the league. Had that been even a mediocre NFL team across from us, the result would have been pretty similar to what we've seen the past few weeks since the bye week.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

We were? lol

To be fair, I've intentionally blocked out most of last year. I'm sure this year will get the same treatment. Yikes.

4. The Rexecutioner

Saleh will be gone by the end of next year.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

And he also likes to say "We have got to play better." No kidding?

REVISion likes this.
  6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

and what do you want him to say? “We’re playing good football, and almost had them?”

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

What the f does that mean...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????? I am so tired of hearing that. What does that mean? Does he know the definition of the word "execute" Does he understand the way he is using that word one thousand times a week,
    means that the players need to perform what THEY ARE BEING TAUGHT. And either the players are too stupid to understand directions to EXECUTE...or the teacher is giving them horrendous instructions. PERIOD.
    That is the only way you can interpret his ABSURD use of the word "execute". He would be better off saying "the players currently under contract have an IQ of under 40...and hence, will not be able to EXECUTE what we, the teachers, are instructing them. OR...these players we have....indeed are very smart and able to understand the English language....unfortunately, we the teachers are inept at explaining what we would like them to do.

So which is it Saleh? Are the players too dumb? Almost 3 months since you have you started "teaching" your players? Or..is it you? Stop using words that are way too big for you coach.

tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Let see Douglas put on his Big Boy pants and say goodbye to RS and his crew

LaFleur up in his booth got us to 17 points..meh

Since1969 likes this.
  9. toddhershkowitz

toddhershkowitz Active Member

He does seem in over his head.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think it’s kinda silly to say fire Saleh after 10 games. Like for one Saleh is coming back 100% next year and also I think you got to let him have an off-season where he makes adjustments and fixes this team. We all know the roster isn’t complete but we have some pieces to build on (unlike in years past). But we certainly need more talent and haven’t spent a ton on defense outside of Lawson who didn’t even get to play a down this year. The good news is that linebacker and safety aren’t hard to acquire as they aren’t premium positions, but boy do we need them badly. We could use some more veteran talent in the secondary and probably a total rebuild of the LB corps.

As for game management, I give Saleh a pass unless he does the same crap next year. He gets that pass because he is a first year HC unlike Gase. I think the problem is they are too inexperienced between the coaching staff and the roster. I do think they need to bring in more veterans whether that’s players or coaches this off-season.

cval likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There is not 1 thing Saleh does particularly well. That has to concern even the sunniest sunshiner

NoodleArm, tomdeb, REVISion and 6 others like this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Saleh isn't going anywhere mainly because of the Optic it would present to the football world. As it is, the Jets have a rep for being a poorly run organization which usually translates into overpaying for talent. Woody and JD both would be skewered in the media if they did fire Saleh after one season. The usual excuses would be trotted out, formed into a sledgehammer and then the media would pound the jets with it.

Besides that, who would take this job after Saleh is fired? No coach with a legacy to protect would. Why would anyone want to put this dumpster fire out? Saleh gets at least one more season. If shit still looks this bad at the end of the '22 season, Saleh's position would have to come into question by JD. Since we know the Jets will never hire a VP of Football Ops, JD is the defacto team president and also has some skin in the Saleh game since it was HIS hire.

cval and Since1969 like this.
  13. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I'm not giving up on Saleh OR Douglas...yet.
    This draft landed 4 solid starters. This is Saleh 1st year, and square one for Douglas after the mighty purge.
    I see a defense that's TOO inexperienced, and especially DBs that dont know what they're doing. Yes, this is PARTLY coaching, partly players. Theres a plan in place, we NEED VETERANS..FA we need DB, LB, OL, VETS. We have picks to get more picks if we trade them too.
    Rebuild totally sucks, it is what it is.
    WANT to see WILSON improve over remaining schedule,
    MOST IMPORTANTLY.
    I remember when Walt Michaels took over the disaster of Holtz, went 3-11, 8-8,8-8,4-12...THEN.. WE HAD A TEAM. Walt had a very young team, 2nd year they balled out ever since.
    They almost fired him after 0-3 start in 81.
    So glad that didn't happen.
    I believe in this regime, especially after Rex, said Saleh knows what he's doing.
    Give it a minute...
    Though we waited a lifetime.

14. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I Liked Bowles hire, that turned out bad, only one good year. He had his issues with the locker room as mccagdumb. I hated Gase hire, that turned out as expected. A complete dumpster fire. I loved the Salah hire, I can’t say how disappointed I am. This team not well coached, undisciplined, and not ready to play most weeks. And I understand the talent deficit. Talent should be better than last year, I think we had good draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomdeb likes this.
  15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I've seen this story a dozen times. Why do I need to wait two more season for the ending we all know is coming?

REVISion likes this.
  16. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

17. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

So I suppose you all would have fired Bill Parcels after his first year. He went 3-12-1.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Different era back then.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The '83 Giants finished 16th of 28 on defense in Parcells first season. Saleh would be under a lot less pressure now if either the Jets offense or defense was competitive and showing signs of life however both units are under-achieving.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We hated Gase but his winning run against the basement dwellers in the second half of the season earned him one more chance. Lets see if Saleh can do the same with this current stretch of basement dwellers. Not off to a good start though.

Cman68 likes this.