Root cause. Chill out.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rscherwin, Nov 15, 2021.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I get the patience thing but our recent history tells us we usually keep bad coaches a year too long, not that we get rid of them too quickly.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Each regime has an opportunity to do things in a new and different way. Doesn’t make sense to me to put Joe Douglas in the same camp as Mike Maccagnan or John Idzik or Mike Tannenbaum just cuz. They all had different positives and negatives, it’s not like they were carbon copies each other. They all ultimately were let go because their negatives outweighed their positives which was essentially proven over time. But Idzik was different than Tannenbaum who was different than Maccagnan.

Moments of obvious interference from the Johnsons are the only through line, but I haven’t seen that in 2020 or 2021 so far.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Just wondering about the what experience are you talking about? To date they are 2-7 just gave up 150+ pis aFB oints in the last 4 games and are playing non-noncompetitive FB?... Also what culture has this CS instilled so far? The team on most, if not ae day. plays without emotion (which BTW

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So, you're saying you expected a Div. III college team show up in Jet uniforms and play real games this season. You're ok with getting blown out weekly as long as you're seeing progress. Let me ask.. What progress are you seeing that the rest of us aren't? You're ok with how this team is playing as long as you can trot out the youth excuse? You're good with your FQB getting slammed to the turf without any anger from the HC? You're also good with the Jets getting their assed kicked every Sunday? Lets not wake anyone up as that would mean we could hold them accountable for lousy play and no, the entire starting 22 guys aren't all rookies.

Cmon man. Put the green koolaid down, clear your head from the PR propaganda about selling the future and judge what your eyes are seeing. This team SUCKS not because they're young, but because they're coached really really badly.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Well, we do become a very dangerous offense when were down by 30 points. So there's that.

Acad23 and Cman68 like this.
  6. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

I will say that I had much higher expectations going into this season.

so far it has been a huge disappointment, but things need to play out a bit more before we jump to conclusions.

firstly - we need to see a jump from Zach once he returns. He has three weeks to get over any nagging injuries as well as his knee. He has had three weeks to mentally digest and prepare. He needs to start displaying the talent that this poster believes that he has.

secondly - as bad as things are, we have already equaled last seasons win total. The schedule gets easier. Can we win 2 or 3 more, which would represent reasonable if not great progress.

third - going into the season, I felt it was all about Wilson and the o showing progress. That is where we invested our draft capital. If we can get that progress in the sound half, then I am totally for being patient and seeing what Douglas can do in what presumably would be a defensive oriented off season.

fourth - saleh is new to the head coaching game. Let’s remember parcels only won one game his first year. Yeah, the early signs could be better, but as long as the team does not quit on him in the second half, he should be given the chance to see what he can do with a year under his belt.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This is a great post. I don't agree with it but a great post none the less.

I just have tapered expectations. I will wait until next year to get bitter with the new coaching staff.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Cman68

We might be the most dangerous garbage time team in the league.

ouchy and jets_fan like this.
  9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Only because we get so much freakin' practice at it. And also because the Jets usually play 2-3 quarters of garbage time a game.

ouchy and Cman68 like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great post, but sadly the people who need to "hear" it and take it to heart, won't. They are so bitter and negative, that nothing short of firing everyone, the Johnsons selling the team and gutting the entire roster will do. At the same time they're gonna bitch about losing and having no talent, or if JD spends a lot of money in FA so we can win sooner, they're going to bitch about that. Sadly, we have a bunch of fans that are so frustrated with all the losing and bad decisions over the decades that they've lost any rational football minds they once had. They can't recognize a quality plan or a quality GM, but perhaps that's because most of us have never seen a competent GM on the Jets since Weeb, and we've forgotten what that looks like, and what it takes to get stability.

rscherwin likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Utter nonsense!

cval likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Excellent post! Hopefully, it will get through to some posters here, but I doubt it.

13. NCJetsfan

SMH

14. Cman68

Pretty soon nobody is gonna give a shit if the Jets win, lose or draw. Expecting nothing usually leads to disinterest which becomes Apathy. Its not really gonna matter how many decades it will take for the Jets to become relevant since there will only be a handful of fans but legions of Corporate ticket holders to float the Jets. Frankly, I'm at the point now that it really doesn't matter much anymore how they look, how they play, or how much effort (or lack thereof) is spent. I just get tired of the excuses we always get and people selling the future. Fuck it.. Give JD and Saleh another 20 years. There's always gonna be a cadre of fans who will wait that long for a decent football team. I suspect you'll be seeing the same excuses in 2041 that you're seeing in 2021. Who knows.. maybe Saleh will finally have learned how to be a HC by then.

Just keep watching how many empty seats you're starting to see at home games.. You can only sell the future but for so long without delivering on the product. Right now, the future is only a mirage that the team is desperate to sell to the fanbase. After 50+ years, its starting to not work anymore. Results matter and the Jets are coming up short every year.

#54 Cman68, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    REVISion likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

It's not just harsh, it's moronic and shows how freaking ignorant the poster is.

rscherwin likes this.
  16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You are preaching to the idiots. Don't waste your time.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Without seeing some marked improvement in actual on-field performance between now and January the entire season will have been wasted. If the coaching staff is unable to show that improvement it raises serious questions of their capabilities which must be addressed before the draft.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I've seen the meddling complaints here before but I just don't see either brother as a Jerry Jones type. They're hardly ever seen in public, most Jets fans wouldn't recognize them if they bumped into them at 7-11. Hell, even the guys here probably wouldn't recognize them without the stupid hats. Sure, Woody wanted Tebow, but that was to sell PSLs, not because anyone thought he was an NFL quarterback at that point but he did have a big following. Were there another one or two things they got involved with? They've owned the team for over twenty years - where are the signs of meddling?

I think they understand their limitations as far as that kind of thing and steer clear of football decision making. I see no indication either about their being cheapskates, another claim we see here. In fact I think their separation from football and football people hurts them when they need to make decisions like hiring a GM or head coach; they seem to have no peers to share information with while other owners socialize with each other. We never see anything about them even having a drink with Mara or Tisch, much less playing a round of golf with them or taking a trip together. They just don't seem that interested in what's going on which is why I, and others, have repeatedly called for hiring a football operations leader.

Pepsiguy5 and Cman68 like this.
  19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Overly emotive language does not equal facts. My advice is not to go all-in on a transient member of staff.

20. Cman68

To their credit, Woody and Chris has stayed away from the team for the most part. Besides Woody giving the required vote of confidence not that long ago, he's let JD run the show. I guess when you make so many bad decisions over the decades, eventually you do learn what works and in this case, what doesn't.