Tankathon - 2021 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I like Hall, I really do. But I don’t think he’s a star type. I think he’s a solid top 20-25 CB kind of guy. Which for a 5th round pick is fan-fuckin-tastic, but I just think we need to keep our view of our own guys realistic.

2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Milner was worse bust than Wilson, at least Wilson played. Milner was arguably top 5 worst jets draft pick. Rivaling ghoston, Brady, and Thomas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Before the season, I said that we needed a #1 to play opposite Hall. But Hall's play this year has me wondering if he himself could be a #1 with experience. I could be overrating him. If we take Hutchinson or Karlaftis with our pick, Elam and Gardner might be available with the Seattle pick.

stinkyB and mrjet80 like this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Miller was a bust as a CB but decent return man. It doesn’t matter the whole point is most current mocks and some posters seem to think CB is a huge need while at this moment other than experience it really isn’t. Certainly not as much as a consistent pass rush, LBs who can actually cover, and a physical force at safety. My opinion is if those 3 positions are improved the defense as a whole becomes one of the top in the league with the same group of CBs.

NCJetsfan and Sack exchange like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm undecided about where I would place Hall, but the nice thing is that we don't need a stud CB in this defensive alignment. Saleh said he would like to have a shut down CB, but that it wasn't necessary. They wamt to spend most of the defensive cap space in the front 7, and I agree with that, although it would be nice to have a ball hawking S or CB who can create some TOs.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. Hall, Echols, Carter, Dunn, Jackson, and Pinnock should improve with a year's experience and coaching. If we add a good starting-quality CB in FA, I think our CB group will be just fine. Add a LB who is great in coverage, a S who is great in coverage, and an enforcer at S and I think our secondary will be very good, especially if we can add Thibodeaux or Hutchings in the draft and Lawson is back, healthy and fully recovered from his injury, and Nasirildeen is back healthy with some added weight.

mrjet80 likes this.
  7. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Maybe one of these seasons there will be more interest by Jet fans in the actual standings than the tank board this early in the season.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We like to move from disappointment to desperation as soon as possible.

Get with the program... :confused:

9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

But not this year!! Update the draft standings!! Off season is the best season!!!

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe our season will last beyond Columbus Day too. One can dream..

Gotham Green likes this.
  11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Wilson was there as a kick returner - he was not a pro-bowl calibre CB so this feels a bit misleading - if you are a first round pick and get cut after a couple of years then I would say that counts as a bust - also going back 30 years in order to bring Aaron Glenn into the mix - if you look more recently, say the last 20 years then its really 1 amazing player in Revis and 3 busts

I agree though - past regimes and history don't really matter - though the current one has plenty of its own failures

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

In terms of picks - ours will almost certainly be a top 5 and we will take either Derek Stingley (CB) or a pass rusher (sadly Thibodeaux will almost certainly go #1 to the Lions) and the Hawks pick will be around #10 and it will be a CB or DE depending on what we did with our pick

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We'll have to wait another week for the Shit Bowl (Jets vs Texans). The picture should be clearer then.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

kudos to you (or anyone) who takes the time to research and post a factoid like this.....

amazing stat - even worse when we have had so many defensive minded coaches come thru the gates.

to have a capable defense you MUST have one all pro level CB on the field at all times. period.

MaximusD163 and Brook! like this.
  15. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

We did use draft capital to trade for cromartie. He was good. A few FA signings as well. Johnson was disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So far Hall is JD's best "value" pick.... but I think we're overating him because everyone else sucks.

Why throw at Hall, when Ron Guidry's illegitimate son is covering Stephon Diggs?!? :confused:

ouchy and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’d like to throw a javelin at guidry

Footballgod214 and apjbfc like this.
  18. MaximusD163

Glenn was brought up by the other poster, but you’re right. Point really was just that there’s only even been 1 CB picked high in the last decade, and it was 2 GM’s ago so how relevant could it be.

JetsUK likes this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That may be a little harsh

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. MaximusD163

That doesn’t really make sense though. There are only two All-Pro’s in any given year. Are you saying 30 out of 32 NFL teams don’t have capable defenses?

NCJetsfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.