Coherent Thoughts (Deep Breath Everyone)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Nov 14, 2021.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Consider me firmly on the Pederson 2022 train until further notice. The only thing is I don't know how we can let JD hire another coach when his first hire has been such a disaster so far. Douglas fell head over heels for the life coach, I'm not sure his judgement can be trusted.

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It was more than twice. Guidry was lined up on him at least one more time later in the game (it may have been more, but I really stopped paying close attention sometime in the third quarter).

High school teams don't even do stupid crap like that.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He was one of the most sought after candidates during the offseason. Many here wanted him. This is the risk taken in hiring a first time HC. It can turn into McVay or Gase. He looks like a different person compared to the DC who was fired up quite often.

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I was never too high on the Saleh hire. He was an over-compensation from Gase. We went from introverted X's and O's offensive guy to extroverted rah rah defensive guy. It was a typical Jets over-compensation.

We just never seem to get it right. We hire guys with HC experience when they were awful as HC of their previous teams and we totally whiff on all of our first time HC hires.

5. jets_fan

I've always been firmly in the anti-Harbaugh camp, but at this point, I think I'd be on board with backing the Brinks truck up to his house and giving him the keys to the franchise. At the very least, he'd have absolutely erupted on the "refs" over the hits that White was taking today after the whistle. Maybe he'd bring some of that fire that Parcells brought that could shake this franchise out of this stupor it's in.

6. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

There may be other teams with 0 to 3 wins, but we're the only one that is not even being competitive. There's being bad, and then there's not even putting up a fight. Even weak teams are beating us just as easily as good teams. We got shut out by the Broncos, we got dominated for 3 quarters against the Falcons, we made the Colts look like the Payton Manning era Colts, we even lost to Sam mothafuckin' Darnold! As for our wins, we STILL got dominated on defense against the Bengals, and we only beat the Titans due to a missed field goal. This team looks like it's a minor league team compared to every team we've played. I say with no exaggeration that I believe we would potentially lose to college teams like Alabama or LSU or even CFL teams. We are THAT badly coached.

7. jets_fan

We're so bad that we'd lose to a minor league baseball team.

8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Did it two plays in a row too. Insane.

9. SlamminSam

SlamminSam New Member

I couldn’t BELIEVE how often we left Diggs in one on one coverage. All game! Frickin stupid. We made it easy for the Jills. Sahle is a defensive genius? I don’t think so. It’s bad, real bad.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I didn’t like it at all but I was optimistic about it because what I thought we were getting was something similar to what Dan Campbell has brought to the Lions in having guys claw and fight in every game.

He didn’t bring any great X’s and O’s to the table because his defenses just ran pretty much straight up in San Francisco but players did seem to develop. But it feels more as though that entire defense ticked because they have a million first round picks on the defensive line including a generational talent in Bosa.

REVISion likes this.
  11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

THIS is what I was gonna say. That's where they dropped the ball and first time I'm genuinely mad at Saleh. Guidry was 1 on 1 and basically gave up a TD first play if diggs gets his foot down how do you run the same coverage the next play??? Bills didn't change formation they ran the same thing back to back for TDs. That's when I stopped watching

Sack exchange likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s shocking to see this staff of professionals do things like this when the hundreds of fans, both casual and diehards, that post here can see what a massive mistake it is.

13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It was nice of them to keep Geno in for another game.;)

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Something unprecedented would have to happen for Saleh to be fired this offseason, like losing the rest of the games this season by an average margin of 30 points or a scandal of some kind.

Unlikely.

Nobody should want to play or coach for the Jets unless they have no other option or are just looking to cash in at this point. Firing a first year head coach after his first year won't help that perception.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Nice post and definitely a rational take.

JDs 2020 draft was abysmal, but his 2021 draft has looked pretty good - especially if ZW is the guy. We got 4 or 5 starters from the 21 class. I expect the defense to be way better next year with tons of resources being poured into it. I'll start worrying about JD and Saleh if things don't get significantly better by this time next year.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Respectfully, there are NO coherent thoughts regarding the current and most of the prior jet seasons.

its one of the longest train wrecks in professional sports.

and if they are lucky enough on rare occasion to make it to the station, rest assured, the light around the bend is another oncoming train.

17. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Jets are a dogshit, loser franchise. One of the consistently worst in all of sports. Change the coach, change the GM, change the players ....same results.

What's the thing that hasn't changed? Ownership. They are dogshit, loser human beings who have accomplished nothing in their lives other than winning the birth lottery.

I still follow the Jets but after the rex debacle it's more like rubbernecking. I stopped giving a shit if they win or lose.

My $.02....Find new teams to follow and learn to enjoy the Johnson's inept, inbred circus from a healthy emotional distance.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

My coherent thought is that I don't watch this team play live any more. I still support the Jets, but I check the result before giving them two hours of my life. I will start watching the games properly again when they start behaving like an NFL team.

It breaks my heart, because I have loved this team for more than 35 years and they have given me some wonderful moments. But I'm not going to sit on my couch for three hours of mental anguish any more.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  19. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Just an updated reminder that our head coach, who was a defensive coordinator in his former job has seen his defense give up 178 points and over 1,900 yards in their last four games.

But I am hysterical?

REVISion and ukjetsfan like this.
  20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Just an updated reminder that our head coach, who was a defensive coordinator in his former job has seen his defense give up 178 points and over 1,900 yards in their last four games.

Carry on