Poll: When healthy,, which QB should start going forward this season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Nov 4, 2021.

?

Who should start?

1. Mike F'n White

52 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Zach Wilson

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Could be worse...his name could be Mike Hunt.

cval likes this.
  2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Some mechanics would.

3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much all of this, and I think that right this second Mike White is probably a better NFL QB option if you need to win a game. But to me this is why the Jets probably want to slide Zach back in there this week if he's healthy. Ralebird says the Jets don't currently have a FQB and that is correct but its also not the whole story. They obviously have a guy who they want, hope, and pray will be that guy and have with great risk mortgaged the present and future to acquire and try to make that guy. And this may well be the last best chance to gracefully get him back in there without, as FOF puts it killing the mood and culture because right this second based on merit and eyeballs White is the guy that "deserves" it.

If the Jets actually needed wins for anything my attitude would be different. But given where they are keeping Zach on the forward track is about the most important thing the Jets offense can accomplish the rest of this season. I personally didn't want to draft him at all... but they did it anyway. They passed on multiple 1st round picks or potential HOF players to get him running around in his stupid little headband so now its time to try to make it work.

This all assumes he's healthy and up to it of course.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Nania breaks down what Wilson can learn from White and Johson performances. Essentially, what many of us have been saying the last 5 or so weeks. Stop trying to do too much by himself. But he adds in metrics and numbers comparing where Wilson is lacking. Smallball is good. Or what Saleh has been preaching since camp about boring football. But, again that is the issue and part of the teaching process. Teaching Zach to do less and be less aggressive. The ironic thing is success in the short game will only make the big plays easier.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/11/05/mike-white-josh-johnson-zach-wilson-lesson/

#104 Noam, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree. I actually changed my vote. My heart said Mike White but my brain, which is often slow to keep up these days, says Zach Wilson. We now know we have a QB (White) who can put enough points on the scoreboard to win football games and that's a good feeling. Now we need to find out if Wilson can do it as well.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Lets bump this up a notch.

Suppose Mike White looks decent against a swarming Buffalo defense in a loss. Here are his stats:

19/34, 204 yards, 1 TD, I INT.

Should he start against Miami?

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes because of how good Buffalo's defense is. But if he doesn't then light up Miami, it's time to go back to Wilson for the last seven games.

Ralebird and ouchy like this.
  8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If Zach needs more learning time, then being out because of an injury that’s not major, could be a blessing. It’s better than being sidelined because of performance in his case.
    If he starts again, and then has to be replaced , I think that would be far more damaging.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson can throw an incompletion and our moronic fanbase will start chanting Mike White.

cval and bicketybam like this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The issue here is that Mike White has looked not only competent but good at running the Jet's new O.

If Zach Wilson doesn't do the same the fans will riot.

The path back to the field for Zach Wilson revolves around Mike White either being unable to play due to injury or Mike White coming back to earth over the next couple of games and defusing the fan reaction to a switch.

If White plays in Buffalo and looks decent (and the comparison there is to what the Bills typically allow due to their elite pass defense) he is going to get the next start after that. If he then looks like the Mike White we have seen in recent weeks the job is his for the time-being.

This is not about Zach Wilson at this point. It's about Mike White and it's about him because he has looked a lot like a young version of the guy none of us are talking about because of the curse.

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Who starts against Miami?

12. bicketybam

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Zach's not 100 percent. Hard to be committed to him if you don't know he can play.

cval likes this.
  14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I'll take your prediction and say - what if he instead goes

22/44 251 yds, 0 TD, 4 INT

I am guessing he should not start against Miami?

sadly the best bet would be to play Flacco which just shows how terrible a state we are in

15. bicketybam

Good call.

cval likes this.
  16. bicketybam

Not sure if anyone will be chanting for White after throwing 4 picks today.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I watched Wilson working a lot on the field today up close. He looks really good for a guy recovering. I would guess he plays next week

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Does it really matter? The Miami game isn't exactly the turning point of the season as the season was over before it began. If Zach is healthy, why not start him as Miami won't pose the threat the Buffalo D would have posed. Now I honestly think Zach does not survive the game today in one piece and that's an issue again with the OLine and in particular, VanRotten. Maybe Becton is back, or maybe he's still at the all you can eat Golden Corral buffet.

19. bicketybam

20. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

FWIW - I just spoke to a friend who is a neighbor to a player on the NYJ and he told me the player just told him that Mike White is still the guy. This is after today's game.