Jets made history yesterday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's kinda cool.

egelband and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I heard about this. Just another claim to fame I could do without. o_O

3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

No game has ever ended 45-30 before? Or just thebJets?

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I saw that on Twitter … no NFL game has ever ended 45-30 which is kinda odd to me. It’s a high score but not a relatively complicated one.

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Wow yrs a great time to be a Jets fan, 2 unique records in 2 weeks, and like usual we still have the same record as usual, the laughing stock of the NFL

6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll set another record next week when we become the first team to ever give up a million yards to the opposing team.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't know about a million... But 600 yards is well within the realm of possibility... :confused:

8. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The: Raiders, Jags, Lions, Dolphins and Texans fans might disagree.

mrjet80, MoWilkBeast and Acad23 like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

The division leading 5-2 Raiders are a laughing stock? Not to mention they just out from under a horrible contract with Gruden.

I'd say Raiders fans are having a lot more fun then we are.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We also made Jets history.

First time ever this franchise has had consecutive games with 30+ points and 480+ yards

11. mrjet80

It was also the first ever time the franchise had back to back weeks with the QB throwing for at least 300 yards.

Another startling stat I was unaware of.

Falco21 likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

13. KingRoach

Gruden’s contract doesn’t effect the salary cap so not sure how many fans “care” about getting out from under a “horrible contract”

Other horrible contracts the Raiders got out from under? (Almost) Every draft pick from last years draft class.

Let’s revisit this after they play the Giants. Maybe a loss to the Giants will turn you off from being a Raider fan.

mrjet80 likes this.
  14. mrjet80

LOL ….

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Ah yes. I'm definitely a Raiders fan because I can recognize a team that's in pretty good shape and having a solid year thus far. They likely need to go .500 the rest of the way to get into the playoffs.

What does the salary cap have to do with anything? They got out from under a bad contract with an overrated coach so the franchise can move on and find a better coach. That point went right over your head apparently in the midst of trying to make a overly snarky post as per usual.

16. KingRoach

Now that the Raiders lost to the Giants as predicted let’s continue with your Raiders praise.

I know I sound snarky, I have a bad habit of talking down to people who say really stupid stuff; it’s no coincidence my replies to you always sound snarky.

You bought up the “bad contract”, not me. Your follow up gives the impression you didn’t know owners can always fire a coach, no scandal required.

Sure, the 5-2 Raiders are rolling…. Just need to play .500 ball to make the playoffs…. Remember last year when they were 5-3 and only needed to play .500 ball to make the playoffs? What about 2 years ago at 6-3? No playoffs; no .500 record for the season.

For the last 6 games of the 2019 and 2020 season, who do you think has more wins over that 12 game span, the Raiders or the Jets? Hint: it’s the J-E-T-S

If you disagree the Raiders are a laughing stock, cool; but please come up with better replies than they fired their coach before the end of his 10 year contract and they start this (and all other recent) year strong. Those are reasons I believethey ARE laughing stocks.

Maybe they’re not a laughing stock but anyone making a comment the Raiders are in good shape is in fact themselves a laughing stock.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Ah yes. Cause the Raiders are definitely in the same class as bottom of the barrel franchises like us. They’re 5-3 and in the hunt. We haven’t been in the hunt since 2015. We haven’t been alive past Halloween since then either.

No franchise is eating 5 years left on a coaches contract. You and I both know exactly what I meant but you’re sticking to the guns of your original dopey statement in grouping them together with the other franchises that have zero shot at making the playoffs.

And of course you wait until they lose today to respond like a coward.

Feel free to keep doubling down on things by saying the opposing view is a dumb statement instead of debating like an adult. You just keep making yourself look like a bigger and bigger prick.

18. KingRoach

I said yesterday, “let’s revisit this after they play the giants”. Sad that in your world, someone who sticks to his word is a coward….

“No one is eating the last 5 years of a 10 year contract”….. You not knowing the Raiders had an out on that contract before year 10 reinforces my opinion of you and your NFL acumen. Hint: ALL CONTRACTS HAVE OUTS.

Like I said, if you’d make better points, I’d concede they were on the bubble of my list… but your “points” come with very easy counter points.

“They got out from a 10 year contract”
    - They we’re stupid enough to sign a 10 year contract”

They start the year strong this year
    -They’ve started the last 2 strong as well but still ended sub .500

Good coach? No
    Winning Culture? No
    Strong young Nucleus? No, they draft worse than even the Jets.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

There is no out from that contract without eating the majority of money barring something like what happened actually happening.

The Raiders have been a better franchise than the Jets for the past six years. That’s not really debatable, it’s a fact given the W-L. But you do you, champ.

20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member