Poll: When healthy,, which QB should start going forward this season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Nov 4, 2021.

?

Who should start?

1. Mike F'n White

52 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Zach Wilson

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

If 100% healthy then Zach should start. Whatever happened to winning is not important(although the defense really sucks), it's about getting our franchise QB snaps so he can be ready for 2022. Granted Mike White played great and so did Johnson. Let's take into account LaFleur in the box and John Beck on the sideline as probably the reason for their success. Any fool can see the difference in play calling. There is a reason White and Johnson are journeymen in the league.

truthbtold likes this.
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Would be a real shame if white ended up being worlds better than Zach, but we forced Zach in just because he was a higher pick.

Ralebird and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think White gets the Bills start, very tough but if he can come back and play well that would be incredible.

If White regresses, I think Wilson should get in after Thanksgiving so he is 100% healthy and good

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Let White start and take the beating vs the Bills.

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You do make some valid points, BUT …
    The time to sit and learn would have been the first 8-10 games of this season behind a seasoned vet.
    The Jets decided not to do that. Probably a bad decision.

You don’t start your rookie and then pull him after 5 games, to sit and learn behind guys like White who’s never played a snap, and a journeyman QB like Johnson who’s been around forever and barely played.
    When the Jets named Zach the starter from Day One, they made their bed.
    All you do by sitting him at this point, is reset the clock back to zero. This fan base needs to understand that 2021 was always going to be a year to take our lumps and get our #2 overall pick as much NFL experience as possible. If you guys didn’t understand that going into the season, I honestly don’t know what you were thinking. Everybody on earth had us winning 5 or 6 games max this year.

The growing pains Zach deals with this year, are a big part of building a competitive team next year and beyond.
    So … Hold Your Noses And Take Your Medicine.

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

zach needs the experience. not like we are trying for a playoff spot. he'll get better with playtime then he will sitting. I wouldn't rush him back. white seems good to go next week. JJ did admirable. flacco should be ready as well. Run with JJ and flacco backing up white until zach is 100% but then let zach play

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I’d go with Wilson. I want to see what he looks like with the overall offense rounding into shape.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This is what is going to happen, most likely against Miami in 2 weeks. Can't wait for the board to have a meltdown if and when Zach makes a mistake.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he earned Flacco's spot as the-- 'if the shit hits the fan QB'

ouchy and cval like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Only the Jets could have a quarterback controversy while giving up 40 points per game... :confused:

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We gain nothing from hearing the crowd chant "MIKE WHITE! MIKE WHITE! MIKE WHITE!" after an ineffective drive or two out of Zach Wilson.

I think at this point the die is cast and if White is healthy you have to play him or risk total chaos breaking out around the Jets.

That doesn't mean there's not a competition in camp next year and/or a replacement this year if White suddenly starts sucking. The reality is that Zach Wilson's bad play earlier + the injury gave White an opportunity and now White has raised the bar. That's just how the NFL (and all professional sports) works,

Ralebird and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I got a feeling Buffalo will make us forget all about Mike White.

NYJFOREVER and Acad23 like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We could have Tom Brady under center and it wouldn't matter.

We'd have to score 45 points every game to have a chance to win.

It's fucking ridiculous... we gotta fix our defense pronto.

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And then what do you do if the offense looks bad?

16. Br4d

Listen to the crowd chant "MIKE WHITE! MIKE WHITE! MIKE WHITE!"

17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Not freak out and give it a few more games.

Again, there was a time when Mike White would have looked better than rookie Josh Allen. You need some me patience to see how things turn out.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  18. Br4d

You haven't lived through a NY QB controversy.

The last one caused Richard Todd (the Zach Wilson in this story) to pick up Steve Serby and shove him into a locker.

No photos on whether he got it closed or not before Serby was rescued.

Acad23 likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The thing is White hasn't just looked better than Wilson, he's looked really good. And right now we have an easy excuse to keep Wilson out another week and give White the ultimate test: a start against the Bills. If he doesn't look good against the Bills, then we can go back to Wilson no problem. And if he somehow does look good, then keep rolling with him because all that should matter is getting a franchise QB, not where we drafted him. Whereas if Wilson looks bad against the Bills, and then we want to go back to White, that could get really ugly.

20. Br4d

I think it's even a bit more complicated than that. I think the Jets should stay with White even if he looks out of sync against the Bills. We should expect White to have a bad game now and then because almost all QB's have a bad game now and then. The question isn't what the floor is the question is what the ceiling is on a consistent basis and for better or worse the ceiling on White looks like 100 yards a quarter and a scoring drive. That's way higher than anything Wilson has demonstrated at this point.

I expect White to have a less productive start against the Bills They're the #1 defense in the NFL right now. The question is whether he's able to string anything at all together. If he can produce a couple of scoring drives and a FG he's ahead of the NFL at this point against that defense.

If White looks out of sync against the Bills and then can't recover his form the next game, well that's when you put Zach Wilson back in. The crowd won't be chanting MIKE WHITE! at that point.

Ralebird likes this.